• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lone Panther

Well, here it is...finally.

The Lone Panther is a new cinematic series that takes place in the same world as my previous cinematic series, the Sect of the Holy Mother, took place and that's the world of Kaliim. The events in the Lone Panther are about 25 years after the events in the Sect of the Holy Mother.

I am not yet sure how many chapters will I release but I believe it's safe to say that you can expect no less then five chapters, but probably more.

Well, I leave you now to watch The Lone Panther 1 - Blackened History.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
Panther, Kaliim, Lone, Sect, Holy Mother, awesome, sequal, the, best, popular, History, Blackened
Contents

The Lone Panther (Map)

Reviews
22:03, 12th May 2012 Vengeancekael: A cinematic of definitely high quality and something that should inspire many modders! While it's not quite worthy of a DC due to some odd voice acting, etc., it's still an amazing cinematic to watch.
Level 17
Ah, I was stunned after seeing this.
It's by far the best cinematic I have ever seen.

It had fitting music, it had a nice stroy, it even had voices!
The only thing I could say about the map is adding more emotions to the voices.
But that is nothing.

This cinematic is the best, be proud and stand tall!

Level 18
o i just relized, that no, the floor doesn't overlap,

but instead ( irony ) the floors are too thin. Because when they are .1, the flash between the GRound and the floor,. Increasing the Z to maybe .3 or .4 ( i forgot ) might fix that flashy thing

i found this out by taking the liberty of looking through the World editor :p

good map though, none the less :D
cant wait for part 2

Level 18
ya but its a pain in the ass to do that.

and either way, the animations would tend to repeat, so you you would see him do the same stand animation for like 5 minutes, and that creates a sence of static bordem.

the animations of both the main characters are fine, in fact i barely noticed.

Amazing work once again.

Feedback

• In the first scene I found the camera moving into the hallway to reveal Rowena a bit unnecessary.
  • Most of the voice acting was great. And aside from that, the fact that there was voice acting was awesome.
    • Henry's voice was quite robotic at times.
    • Reege's voice sounded a bit unemotional and unatural, sometimes because of the deep voice and other times because of the lack of pauses in speech.
  • There were some punctuation errors here and there.
    • No spaces after periods.
    • Unneeded commas.
  • The terrain was amazing, but I noticed a few problems here and there.
    • The occasional rocks on the mountainside, outside of Reege's tower, seemed really unnecessary.
    • The tints in some of the shrubs, in the scene where Henry is talking to his uncle, is a bit off.
  • Henry's uncle's voice was extremely deep.
  • The camera work when Henry wakes up on the ship is beautiful.
  • The sound and music choice is very professional, keep it up.
See! I told you I'd get around to doing this. ^_^

Level 14
Thanks for the feedback, Hawking.

Reege's voice is supposed to sound unnatural because, well, he was in Black Riverside for almost a month and even though his voice still sounds strong it lost some emotion, so the lack of pauses in the speech were intentional.

Hmm, I thought I always put a space after a comma...

The tints in some of the shrubs? I'm sorry but I don't understand, do you mean the color or...

And I intentionally wanted William's voice to be deep.

Thanks for the feedback, it will surely help me improve in later parts :)

Level 24
Thanks for the feedback, Hawking.

Reege's voice is supposed to sound unnatural because, well, he was in Black Riverside for almost a month and even though his voice still sounds strong it lost some emotion, so the lack of pauses in the speech were intentional.

Hmm, I thought I always put a space after a comma...

The tints in some of the shrubs? I'm sorry but I don't understand, do you mean the color or...

And I intentionally wanted William's voice to be deep.

Thanks for the feedback, it will surely help me improve in later parts :)

Reege's voice sounds like a Tauren,suited for an un-human!

He does mean the color in those shrubs!

Level 12
well, I wil not tell this is "awesooome 5/5 !!!11 becouse it isnt. The little overaverage map here on hive, 4/5 maybe, but in the prison scene, the carpet or whatever it was, was badly placed and was "bugging" al over the time (i dont know how to tell it better)

Why the hell it doesnt have Cinematic-skip trigger???

Level 10
well, I wil not tell this is "awesooome 5/5 !!!11 becouse it isnt. The little overaverage map here on hive, 4/5 maybe, but in the prison scene, the carpet or whatever it was, was badly placed and was "bugging" al over the time (i dont know how to tell it better)

Maybe because it's a cinematic and is meaned to be watched? Just Alt+F4 if you wanna close it.

Level 14

Dude, are you serious? Have you even watched a cinematic?

My question "Have you ever watched a cinematic" is clearly invalid since the answer is you didn't. If you did you would know that a cinematic-skip trigger is not supposed to be in a map who's soul design is to BE A CINEMATIC.

You clearly are not a person who values a good story.

Last edited:
Level 12
Even a socrates said, that opinion of majority DONT have to be truth.

Ehm, when you watch TV, you cannot turn it off? Lol, your excuse is nonsence.

And YES, i saw many GOOD cinematics, just like Cult of the Damned, The Vision trailer, the Spirit of Vengeance, Shipwrecked part 7, Retribution, Unforgotten Grudge...

And ALL this much better maps have skiping trigger. And for me, the opinion of some anonyms users on hive or moderators, has no value.

See, i am on this site for 4 years, and one more year on wc3sear.ch before. If I give 4/5 (and that still is very good resolve) and some user is attacking me, i think that someone else didnt see other cinematic, not me

• Angry
Reactions: Ash
Level 14
The CotD, Shipwrecked, Unforgotten Grudge and the Spirit of Vengeance have no cinematic skip trigger and since I didn't watch the others I cannot speak for them. I don't have a problem with you, I just have a problem because you are complaining of a trigger that is rarely used in cinematic type maps.

Boasting that you are here 4 years(3.5 to be specific) doesn't carry a tiny amount of weight since you have 140 posts, 11 rep and no resources. You could be a professional, possibly the best, but stating that you have been here for "4" years doesn't add to your skill.

Level 9
Restor, I did not notice anything of the sort myself.
Also, one tiny placement issue isn't, i feel, a good enough reason to drop it by 20%...
to 4/5. No one else seems to agree with you and does it really matter if it doesn't have a skipping trigger? GET OVER IT!
No cinemtaic has been made to this very high standard, lots of effort has been put in. You could NEVER make one better - So stop thinking that suddebly you've got more juice then him.. cus no one on the hive has more juice then Cmarket!

Level 14
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6607/75863952ky5.jpg .This is ingame also and it is very ugly to see when camera moves. I ask only becouse of this "25) Unit Placement - Superb (6)" Is this placement linked to doodads also?

Seriously, now you're just fishing for bad points. Today's average graphic cards, such as mine, negate this effect so I missed it. I did raise the carpet, but not enough for your card it seems.

Level 24
well, I wil not tell this is "awesooome 5/5 !!!11 becouse it isnt.

First of all: You make fun of people with bad spelling and grammar. This in general can be true.

The little overaverage map here on hive,

Is not a sentence. It does not have a verb.

but in the prison scene, the carpet or whatever it was, was badly placed and was "bugging" al over the time (i dont know how to tell it better)

So, we subtract one mark for a carpet that does not have the correct fly height. Oh no. That is the only criticism you supplied. Also many more spelling and gramatical errors.

And now the worst of it:

Because ITS a cinematic. If you skipped it there would be nothing left. It would be over. Why the hell would you skip it?

Even a socrates said, that opinion of majority DONT have to be truth.

What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

Ehm, when you watch TV, you cannot turn it off? Lol, your excuse is nonsence.

And YES, i saw many GOOD cinematics, just like Cult of the Damned, The Vision trailer, the Spirit of Vengeance, Shipwrecked part 7, Retribution, Unforgotten Grudge...

And ALL this much better maps have skiping trigger. And for me, the opinion of some anonyms users on hive or moderators, has no value.

Oh, because . . . last time I checked they didn't. At least Spirit of Vengeance did not. Here I could be wrong as I did not watch it recently, but I don't believe it does.

Oh, and when you watch TV, you can turn it off. When you watch the cinematic you turn it off by: Alt-F4. Skipping it would have the exact same effect.

Well, I did not understand that last part there. Let's take a look at the possible meanings:

• on = or* This means you don't respect the moderators here all of whom are qualified to do there jobs.
  • On as in over. This would imply that you did not respect the opinion of some user over that of the moderators. This is reasonable but makes no sense. Take a look at the reviews.
  • It does NOT make any sense, no matter how you look at it.

See, i am on this site for 4 years, and one more year on wc3sear.ch before. If I give 4/5 (and that still is very good resolve) and some user is attacking me, i think that someone else didnt see other cinematic, not me

No one cares how long you've been here. It's how active you've been that matters.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6607/75863952ky5.jpg .This is ingame also and it is very ugly to see when camera moves. I ask only becouse of this "25) Unit Placement - Superb (6)" Is this placement linked to doodads also?

Well, yes the carpet was annoying for the first x minutes. I think you'll survive.

Now, still 4/5 wasn't bad but you gave little reason. Please before you reply to this, consider how you posted and what reasons you gave. The reasons were:

• The opening carpet seen was annoying
  • You couldn't skip it. Which you should not be able to do anyway.

Seriously, now you're just fishing for bad points. Today's average graphic cards, such as mine, negate this effect so I missed it. I did raise the carpet, but not enough for your card it seems.

Exactly. ATI (and older Geforce) cards have a tiling issue in warcraft, and other games. This is why some things are clipping on them, where they are not on othe PCs, examples:

TCX, terrain clipping at the center
Pyritie's Adventure, floor is clipping a lot
Manymany cinematics, walls/floor clipping
Everywhere.

This happens because newer cards have better depth render, so they don't cause clipping.

Level 12
fighting against windmills, nevermind, and why is this all? only becouse I didnt write 5/5 or 6/5 or higher, i gave 4/5, and not only becouse of these two things, but for the whole map. I think this can help you more than posts like "awesooome 100/5"

Live with that, your map isnt awesome and without mistakes.

(alt+f4 makes ur game to be closed, i think few sec of giving there the trigger wouldnt ruin the map entirely)

I ask, is this map really good as for example Spirit of Vengeance?

This is not the first map on hive which is ovverated, I excepted it in this thread too

"The little overaverage map here on hive, " meaned this map is over-average then other cins on hive. sry for my english.

Level 24
I ask, is this map really good as for example Spirit of Vengeance

No.

"The little overaverage map here on hive, " meaned this map is over-average then other cins on hive. sry for my english.

Well, thats ok.

Just try to put more time into your posts in the future and back it up with more evidence, than: My graphics card, and something which it should not have. :p. The thing is: This is WAY above average for cinematics on THW.

CMarket: 4/5 is not bad.

Level 14
I never said I was against 4/5, but there obviously must be a reason why this map's grade is 20% lower then all the others say. He made no valid arguments except the graphic card issue, which, once again, is not my fault.

The Lone Panther 1 - Blackened History is the first chapter of a totally new cinematic series, which is the sequel of the Sect of the Holy Mother. I am not saying my cinematic has the best effects, but I made a complex world and story here, the world of Kaliim, with it's own geography, it's own history and a hell of a good history too. This chapter might not have the most action but, after all, it's an interlude and this is expected. It is expected, however, to have a marvelous story which it does.

But I ask you now, what was it that was so bad to reduce the grade of my map by 20%? The terrain? The cameras? The music?
You say that your comment is better then a comment that says "Awesome 1000/5" but you are wrong. A comment that says "Awesome 1000/5" makes me more motivated to work on the next chapter and to make it even better. A comment like yours would be useful if it had any valid point that would help me improve.

Last edited:
Level 12
ok last warning but first some points have to be cleared

So I need to tell why i gave -20% that others? no, lol. IMHo it doesnt deserve 5/5 so why do I need to tell why -20% ??

And if you want motivation then ok "awesooome 10/5" so you dont want motivation to improve your maps, you need motivation to make more maps just like this "awesome", and nowhere to grow. Strange

And that " http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6607/75863952ky5.jpg .This is ingame also and it is very ugly to see when camera moves. I ask only becouse of this "25) Unit Placement - Superb (6)" Is this placement linked to doodads also? "

is becouse if it have more than 100% (which is nonsense at all) it can fit all grafic card created. The judging points are nonsense.

well, thats all for this map. (btw, why did you wrote smthg about ur world and geografic, I dont need to know it, and it doesnt make this map better if it isnt included)

Level 3
So I need to tell why i gave -20% that others? no, lol. IMHo it doesnt deserve 5/5 so why do I need to tell why -20% ??
An opinion normally occurs with sort of arguments explaining ur point of view.
And if you want motivation then ok "awesooome 10/5" so you dont want motivation to improve your maps, you need motivation to make more maps just like this "awesome", and nowhere to grow. Strange
having people behind u saying :"wow great I cant wait to see the next part" motivates more than "I cant give it the average rating for a reason I dont know".
And that " http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6607/75863952ky5.jpg .This is ingame also and it is very ugly to see when camera moves. I ask only becouse of this "25) Unit Placement - Superb (6)" Is this placement linked to doodads also? "

is becouse if it have more than 100% (which is nonsense at all) it can fit all grafic card created. The judging points are nonsense.
Im gonna try that taking the oldest still affordable and buyable graphic card which I got and Im gonna try to watch it, I guess in that case the cinematic still gets 4/5 rofl.

well, thats all for this map. (btw, why did you wrote smthg about ur world and geografic, I dont need to know it, and it doesnt make this map better if it isnt included)
nice, you just dont care about the map
; you point out ur non existing arguments over half a page and you end them with stuff like "I dont need to know it"? come on, grow up and explain or be quiet and dont watch it at all.

Thx for your reading :sad:

Level 18
ok last warning but first some points have to be cleared

Then your Opinion is meaningless. Just as I first figured. There has to be a reason to knock it down to a 4, more than just, it is overrated, and my graphics card sucks.

I say YOU are nonsense. No point you have tried making is valid, so I encourage you to make a better cinematic. Skip trigger and all. Until you CAN make a better cinematic, you cannot just say IMO without any other reasoning to give hime a 4/5 instead of 5/5.

Do you also think the Earth is flat? I mean, you might as well say that, because it is going against everything that is known about the Earth's geometry, and you would have no proof.

So I guess the Earth is also flat guys!

P.S. To Ash: <3

Level 18
lol, restor, i think it would just be a better idea for u to like, shutup, cause ur argument isn't going anywhere.

We already understand the carpet problems, and if u were constructive enough, you would ask him to fix it in possibly an update ( not sure if he would do that though )

and this is 7/5 for a reason !! if you wereen't so focused on the stupid carpet, maybe you would have seen the amazing envirnmental detail, beutiful camera work, and the cool effects ( like the panther dream ) that were put into this map along wit the excellent story behind it, and the story that awaits it in the future.

• Angry

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Hi CMarket. I finally saw this cinematic and I liked it very much. Her is my little review:
(+) The terrain is an glorious piece of art! It's far way better than the firsts Holy Mother maps. Very detailed, well chosen custon and default doodads and tilests.
(+) The voices... The cinematic looks like an Blizzard's one. The sound quality is very good and the great voice acting, mainly the pirate, guard and Rowena. The others are very good too but I liked most this 3.
(+ -) The really big size... I know that the sound quality increases the size but I hope that the lasts episodes don't be like "20 mb for 5 minutes".
(-) Nothing, nothing, nothing...

And I have an question: Why the William Rackhan voice looks like an demon? It's because the week in Black Riverside?

After watching this cinematic, I can only say... Good Job!

Level 12
ok ok

I just dont like the story, one guy want to kill the other guy, he just say some words and he just changed his mind to not kill him. Deux ex machina here. This part of story was naive.

Camera movement was average. There wasnt many bugs but it wasnt something special also.

and why? becouse, if you make cinematic without ordinary mistakes etc. it is arround 4/5, but i didnt saw something "wow thats cool" to give it 5/5

Level 14
Dude, the story is a lot more complex then you think. If you actually bothered to watch the Sect of the Holy Mother you would know that my stories are anything but clicheed. In the later chapters there will be an explanation(as there always is) why Henry believed Reege.

Camera movement was excellent. And there are no mistakes(a part form your graphic card glitch).

Personally I don't care about the grade but the reason why I keep arguing is because you are rude and unprofessional. Clearly you have no intention of considering yourself wrong or backing out. I don't argue because you do not appreciate what I do, I argue because you flame and tell how bad it is but give no valid point why it is bad and still STATE that you do give a valid point.

Level 12
you know what is funny? anythink I said is wrong, you still say "no no it is not". Same with the missing cinematic-skip trigger, it would be a word of man to say "ok ok, my fault" but not, you still have your excuses.

you will never learn how to take critic

but i will have to stop this thread, cos some "mighty people" dont like ppl with other opinion, and no, i dont mind you in this case.

Level 14
Are you even listening to yourself? The cinematic skip trigger does not exist in maps who's soul purpose is to be a cinematic. The cult of the damned doesn't have it, shipwrecked doesn't have it, nor does the spirit of vengeance or CotN.

With your logic why doesn't every map have a game skip trigger? Ok guys, you heard Restor, find all maps which don't magically end when you press ESC and downgrade them. If you see a melee map that is excellent in every way but doesn't automatically proclaim you the winner of the match if you press ESC then you should downgrade it.

Like I and many others have said, you are just fishing for things to justify your grade when clearly you have nothing(I am not stating that this map is perfect but you can't state that it's average without any valid points). I am pretty sure that now you will spend an hour searching for a cinematic which actually has a cinematic skip trigger(if one even exists).

Level 24
you know what is funny? anythink I said is wrong, you still say "no no it is not". Same with the missing cinematic-skip trigger, it would be a word of man to say "ok ok, my fault" but not, you still have your excuses.

you will never learn how to take critic

but i will have to stop this thread, cos some "mighty people" dont like ppl with other opinion, and no, i dont mind you in this case.

Okay dude,I've been watching your ''progress'' around!

And I'm asking,do you even have an idea of what's Warcraft?

First of all,you keep in search of a pin in the hay cart!

There are no bugs around,the thing is that you do not have an idea on what's a warcraft map and cinematic!

What do you mean cinematic skip trigger in a cinematic?

The whole purpose is to watch it ,there is no gameplay!

I reckon,you've been sent on purpose to goof around or you're just playing or do not have an idea about this game!

I say,cut it out,or you'll fire these guys up!

Level 12
so, none "k, my map could have skipping trigger, thx for acumen"

I expected it.

Ehm, are you trying to be funny? Other genre of maps dont have to have skipping, there is a gameplay, which cinematic doesnt have.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Just quit while you're ahead, restor. I've already neg repped you twice and if you continue I'll move onto an infraction. You're being a cunt, stop it.

You've stated your views, he says he doesn't agree, so stfu. You're not trying to persuade him, you're not trying to argue with him, you're giving critique -- not Critic, just a side note.

Level 24
so, none "k, my map could have skipping trigger, thx for acumen"

I expected it.

Ehm, are you trying to be funny? Other genre of maps dont have to have skipping, there is a gameplay, which cinematic doesnt have.

Ah,why are you reversing the whole thing now?

You surely goofed back then,let's drop it,make sure you know the critteria on how to rate a cinematic!

• Angry
Level 12
Just quit while you're ahead, restor. I've already neg repped you twice and if you continue I'll move onto an infraction. You're being a cunt, stop it.

You've stated your views, he says he doesn't agree, so stfu. You're not trying to persuade him, you're not trying to argue with him, you're giving critique -- not Critic, just a side note.

Continue? with what? this all is discussion about this map. Or is a discussion here prohibited?

And see that it isnt me who is miscalling others. I am writing about MAP, others are attacking ME, you too. Who is cunt now? hmm

I ask, is it correct ,if someone tell that your map didnt have one trigger, to tell him right away "You clearly are not a person who values a good story." Or it is only excuse or solid argument.

And why cunt? with what hmm? You can QUOTE my words exactly to find anything "flaming"

Level 18
okay slow down a minute,
dont give -rep, itz not his fault that he doesn't know jackshit about cinematics.
So lets teach him :

1) Cinematics in the Hive workshop ARE MEANT TO BE WATCHED!
The cinematic is not meant to have gameplay. If you want to find this out, go and create a small cinematic scene, and then add some sort of gameplay with it ( like a small RPG ) and you will soon see that your map will be put into THE RPG section, not the CINEMATIC section.

2 ) Cinematics dont NEED a skip trigger. IF you make a a cinematic like this have a skip trigger, the warcraft 3 would simply close, and you wouldn't be able to watch the rest of the movie ( cinematic )

3) The lone Panther is the best cinematic on the site, and i doubt that you could make something better than this.
In fact, you should try ? Everything you say it should have ? Make a cinematic of what you think a cinematic is supposed to have, and then see if its a hit.

--- by the way, restor is half right, he isn't really flaming, but let him speak his mind,.. don't -rep because he doesn't know this stuff. and restor does put up a valid point.
Should cinematics start having Skip triggers ?? it might never ever happen, but if it did it would be easier to test out maps i suppose.
but w/e

one thing is set in stone though. The lone Panther is 7/5

Ash

Ash

Level 22
okay slow down a minute,
dont give -rep, itz not his fault that he doesn't know jackshit about cinematics.
So lets teach him :

QFT, shame about the rest of the post.

Continue? with what? this all is discussion about this map. Or is a discussion here prohibited?

And see that it isnt me who is miscalling others. I am writing about MAP, others are attacking ME, you too. Who is cunt now? hmm

I ask, is it correct ,if someone tell that your map didnt have one trigger, to tell him right away "You clearly are not a person who values a good story." Or it is only excuse or solid argument.

And why cunt? with what hmm? You can QUOTE my words exactly to find anything "flaming"

You're obviously not English, or if you are then you're spelling and grammar is horrible, so I'll spell it out as plainly as I can for you:

You've stated your point, get the fuck out of the thread. Continue to argue and I'll see to it that you're infracted.

Level 31
To Restor : I give unit placement a rating 6 not because of the model fault, but is how he place the unit, doodad and destructible position.

Carpet problem is due to your computer graphic, you should get a much better computer instead of whining about it.

He is a map editor, not a model editor. Model problem such as the chancellor face is complete blank is due to the model itself, which you could only blame it at the original author of the model resources.

CMarket is just using the resources, also there is a few reason why skip function is not available. For example, some people might accidentaly click the ESC button while watching half way.

Still, to give it a rating 4/5 over this trivia matter is not a valid point. Cause we are talking about deduction of 20%.

Even with the lack of the skip cinematic function, it still reduce the point only merely by 3% which still put it at 5/5.

To Ash : Please Ash, don't be soo rude although you are extremely angry over his remark. What you did might give a negative impression towards us moderator.

To CMarket : Please be patient over it, he is merely trying to state a point although it might be quite valid enough to support his rating.

Anyway, he did not rate your resources yet. It still stay at rating 5 with 25 vote on it.

To everybody : I have to lock this thread temporary if this continue. And would probably get Mecheon to take action to those who violate rules by troll/flame which is the punishment would be infraction, whether you are user or mod. No mercy would be given.

Everybody is welcome to give a review, whether it is negative or positive. If you did not agree with the review, please give a valid point over it in nice and gentle way.