1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Feedback] Compiled List of Bugs & Issues for 1.30.1+

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Aug 30, 2018.

1. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Due to the amount of issues addressed in 1.30.1's PTR which started in 1.30.0, I figured a new thread should be made to report bugs and give feedback. The previous thread was getting pretty long. Please only make comments relevant to patch 1.30.1 or greater. If you made a post about an issue on 1.30.0 and it still exists on 1.30.1 please comment with a link to your post.

Current Live Patch
    1.30.1 (1.30b)

Current PTR Patch
    - old

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    First.

3. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    upload_2018-8-29_20-33-13.png
    when clicking still.
    good job blz

4. XxLyC

XxLyC

Resources:
    Resources:
    Snipaste_2018-08-31_14-41-28.png Snipaste_2018-08-31_14-36-28.png
    Customkeys Unable to Modify button location
    I have tried many times, but I can't change it.

5. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Many thank blz for that change on the blz classic game forum. But it doesn't make any difference to me.

6. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    3D Sounds are still bugged. You can now attach them to a unit or play across a region, but you hear nothing in-game. I tried both Sound - Add 3D sound across Region and Sound - Attach 3D sound to Unit. A test map is attached.

Also, custom movies played with the PlayCinematic JASS command play fine, but after the movie, the game goes into a bugged mode and returns to the campaign main screen. If you click any button in the bugged mode, the result is a permanent black screen. You can try it out with my special build of Gnoll Campaign. What should be fixed is:
    1. After the movie, the game should continue to the next chapter.
    2. No bugged mode, the game should function normally.

Attached Files:

7. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    In the german version of warcraft 3 some Unit-Sounds are using the english UnitSounds:
    This is a list of sounds i found using world Editor Sound Editor.
    ShamanPissed1
    ShamanPissed2
    ShamanPissed5
    ShamanWhat1
    ShamanWhat2
    ShamanWhat3
    ShamanWhat4
    ShamanYes1
    ShamanYes3
    ShamanYes4
    ShamanYesAttack1
    ShamanYesAttack2
    ShamanYesAttack3

KodoBeastPissed3

GromYesAttack3
    GromYesAttack4 (Maybe the voice sounds somehow different but grom only roars here)

FurionPissed1
    FurionPissed2
    FurionPissed3
    FurionPissed4
    FurionWarcry1
    FurionWhat1
    FurionWhat2
    FurionWhat3
    FurionYes2 (other voice, but elf language)
    FurionYes3
    FurionYesAttack1 (other voice, but elf language)

8. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok - Ok. I was upset enough that I decided to stay up late at night to check if what I suspected is true.

I recently saved a number of maps in a another person's campaign on 1.30. It completely bugged the AI for every single computer AI using AI made with the AI editor. When those missions were played, the AI just sent both the workers meant for getting gold and the ones meant to getting lumber to the gold mine, and made nothing else. So all that happened was there was an overstocked goldmine with 8-9 peons trying to mine it, the AI did nothing else. The other maps in the campaign work fine, since they were saved on 1.29. I just had my friend test the maps on the PTR, and the exact same problem persists. I will post screenshots later.

Let me explain why this is so upsetting. I thought that bugs related to 1.30 were ones that affected how the game was played, but once the next patch came the gameplay would be fixed, since the errors related to 1.30 did not actually effect the map itself, but just how it was played. What this AI bug shows is that anything made with 1.30 actually completely ruins the map, and there is no reason why it does so. The only changes I made to those maps were language /grammar mistakes.

In addition to those to maps in that campaign, I have recently edited 2 entire campaigns on behalf of 2 other people, all done in 1.30. Of course I didn't bother testing, since there was no reason for me to suspect anything would go wrong.

Can I just ask, has this 1.30 version actually destroyed those maps, and was I just a fool to spend time on those 2 maps in that campaign + the other 2 entire campaigns on 1.30? Like I said, I had no issue with 1.30 affecting gameplay, but it seems it has actually destroyed AIs permanently in maps. This is really upsetting for me. 2 entire campaigns + 2 maps in 1 campaign are all heavily based on melee gameplay, which includes AI. These maps will be ruined if the AI is permanently broken.

I will add pictures tomorrow, but there is nothing to see--- just 9 peons on 1 goldmine, not making anything.

Edit1: Also, the fact that the map reviewer who discovered the bugs was on 1.29 is important, since it means it actually messed up the map itself, not just affecting the gameplay (of course it bugged on 1.30 and the PTR as I said above, but just want to emphasise this). If it was just limited to 1.30 and the PTR, maybe you could argue its just a gameplay issue,and has not effected the core map itself. But if someone on 1.29 had the same error, it means 1.30 permanently destroyed the AI.

I can understand a permanent bug affecting maps made on a PTR, since they are still tests. But I made these on 1.30, an official release, and I waited a week or so to use it incase of any huge bugs. I really hope someone can explain how a permanent error could have occurred such as this.

Edit 2: Pictures
    Screenshot

BROWN PTR.jpg RED PTR.jpg GREEN PTR.jpg YELLOW PTR.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  9. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blizzard left "Imported files in custom campaigns silently corrupt on save" bug to patch 1.30. It is fixed in 1.30.1 PTR.
    As a result, you MUST NOT use 1.30.0 World Editor to edit campaigns. It will totally destroy your maps. You must use 1.30.1 PTR or wait that 1.30.1 is released to live servers.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not sure it's a good idea to use the PTR without backup at least.

11. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Also, we noticed that if you use 1.29 version of the Gnoll Campaign, playing the movie crashes the game. It should not crash but silently move to the next chapter without playing the movie that it cannot find or decode.

12. Illidan(Evil)X

Illidan(Evil)X

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The framerate is not actually uncapped. It's capped to the value of the maxfps registry key in the video settings, which is 200 by default. I modified it to some ridiculous high number just to see how many frames I could push.

13. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is really sad the a patch blizzard released for an entire month actually corrupted maps. Just so I can check though, does editing the campaign object data affect anything if the editing was done on 1.30? The person who found the bugs only encountered the AI issue on those 2 maps I edited on 1.30. The other maps seemed to have no issues, even though I edited the general campaign object data while on 1.30.

Thanks anyway though Tommi for letting me know about this file corruption. I guess it was my fault for not checking through those posts to see if there was any permanent corruption caused by 1.30.....

14. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should not use the 1.30.0 World Editor at all to edit campaigns. If you happen to save the map file inside the campaign, it will automatically corrupt all map imports in the Import Manager (F12).

15. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

• Lightning attacks, abilities or special effect sounds can be heard across the entire map, it's super annoying!

• When the host disconnects the game stretches back into 4:3 resolution with portrait all f-d up.

16. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We tested the new patch 1.30.1.10211 with the Gnoll Campaign (special build).

Bugs found
    1. Most cinematic musics don't play. We have used the Sound - Set Music Volume to 0% trigger action and then the cinematic music is played with Sound - Play Sound trigger action (all these sounds are in the Default effect and the General channel). However, we found a couple of cinematics where the musics still worked. We also found that one reason may be that if you play the music immediately after putting the cinematic mode on, it may not work. We tried to move the Sound - Play Sound trigger actions after 1.50-second waits, and then they started to work normally.
    2. If you stop a sound using the Sound - Stop Sound trigger action with the "stop after fading" option, the fading does not seem to work. The sound stops immediately.
    3. Normal music does not resume after Gnarl Goldmane's avatar music theme has played. We used the Sound - Stop Music Theme trigger action to do that previously. Now, that trigger action does not do it anymore. You need to use the Sound - Resume Music trigger action to actually resume the music. This, of course, breaks backward compatibility.
    4. 3D sound (across a region) does not work when we moved its Sound - Add 3D Sound across a region trigger action after a 1.50-second wait (after the music played with Sound - Play Sound started to work, then the 3D sound stopped working).

Bug fixes found
    1. Custom movies work correctly again but they need to be placed inside a campaign file and encoded into VP9 CQ AVI with a separate sound track. Thanks!

Changed behaviours found
    1. User interface sounds have been set to 0% during the cinematic mode. This means no button clicking sounds in dialogs, and also all other sounds in the User Interface channel do not play during cinematics. You need to manually set User Interface sounds to 100%. Is this inteded behaviour?

We fixed most of these problems for Gnoll Campaign C1R5, but Blizzard should consider if the bugs should fixed so that the 1.30 branch would resemble 1.29 in behavior.

Edit: 3D Sounds still do not work perfectly.
    Edit: We updated the Gnoll Campaign on the Hive Workshop to work with this patch. Only 3D sounds do not work.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  17. anufis

anufis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Preloader() and PreloadGenEnd() behave differently for players with cyrillic user names.
    Preloader() reads *.pld files perfectly fine from windows user with cyrillic name but PreloadGenEnd() requires you to run warcraft in admin mode because it writes *.pld files into another folder.
    This is my user folder "C:\Users\Дмитрий\Documents\Warcraft III\CustomMapData"
    And this is folder where PreloadGenEnd() writes files to "C:\Users\Дмитрий\Documents\Warcraft III\CustomMapData"

For now there are 2 solutions for this problem:
    1. Create new windows user with non-cyrillic name
    2. Manually move created files from folder to folder after each data save with PreloadGenEnd()

18. MisakaMEoDP

MisakaMEoDP

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone,

I'm here to discuss several problems with the new 1.30.1 patch.

Anyone can post there problems here and maybe we can solve one or the other :D

So let me start first:

Many, and I mean like half of my custom maps now have the following problem:
    [​IMG]

When you try to start the map it says:
    [​IMG]

Now I have tested this with maaany maps, changed location of them, put them in the documents folder and directly in the war3/maps folder, didn't work either way...

The next problem is that many visual effects play one time, the next time not; in the same map and in the same game.

Same with custom sounds, playing one time, next time not.

Let's see if anyone else has this problems :D

Greeting

19. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    3D sounds are still not working in my test map (attached).

Attached Files:

20. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I found also one more bug with sounds. The mp3 bitrate is reported incorrecrly.
    mp3-bitrate-bug.PNG
    The file in question is actually 320 kbps.