• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Feedback] Compiled List of Bugs & Issues for 1.30.1+

Level 5
vJASS:
native BlzUnitHideAbility                          takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, boolean flag returns nothing
native BlzUnitDisableAbility                       takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, boolean flag, boolean hideUI returns nothing

Please make these two not base on count!!

Based on count:
count=1
UnitHideAbility(.,.,true)-> count--
UnitHideAbility(.,.,false)-> count++
if(count==0) unit hides its ability
else unit reveals its ability​

An earth man's thinking:
flag=true
UnitHideAbility(.,.,true)-> flag=false
UnitHideAbility(.,.,false)-> flag=true
if(flag==false) unit hides its ability
else unit reveals its ability​

Level 6
There is a problem with replays. For example this one: http://rocarena.com/np/modules/Replays/download.php?id=34404

The replay is played in the official RoC map (6)ScorchedBasin and when two friends of mine (who have w3 in different languages - mine is Spanish -) try to play it, it says map not found.

48343399_267106377312069_4455778198776446976_n.png

Or English: Imgur

Last edited:
It was originally discussed in the World Editor Help Zone by ZiBitheWand3r3r (Berserk resets mana to zero), but this is a (health and mana) bug that has persisted up to the latest versions of Warcraft 3.

It basically involves spellbooks and upgrades, and how adding a spellbook will cause either the depletion of mana or the death of a unit who has an upgrade.

The pseudo-code of the spell book ability can be found here: HP upgrades over unit's max health causing suicide when Spellbook obtained (Thanks to ZiBitheWand3r3r for linking me this, and DracoL1ch for the pseudo-code snippet itself).

In a speculated function RemoveUnitAbilities, the current health of the unit is reduced by the amount equal to the total amount of bonus health provided by the upgrades enforced on the unit, wherein adding a spellbook will cause the function to be invoked at least twice (if the spellbook also houses at least one ability), which for units with lesser base health than the bonus health provided by the upgrades, will kill them.

A test map (originally by ZiBitheWand3r3r) has been attached below.
You can set all the Priests' max HP using -hp XXXX.

Attachments

• SpellBookResetMana.w3x
    19.3 KB · Views: 53
Level 5
I'm sure this is already known but I'll post it anyway.

Preloading is messed up in the latest version.

• My map was working fine using TriggerHappy's codeless/save/load in 1.30.
  • Saving still seems to work but if you load something, the game freezes a bit and the game just ends and goes to the score screen.
  • Haven't done any further testing.
Map currently unplayable due to being unable to load.

Level 5
I'm sure this is already known but I'll post it anyway.

Preloading is messed up in the latest version.

• My map was working fine using TriggerHappy's codeless/save/load in 1.30.
  • Saving still seems to work but if you load something, the game freezes a bit and the game just ends and goes to the score screen.
  • Haven't done any further testing.
Map currently unplayable due to being unable to load.

Now you can't sync a lot of values in one go and need to do it in several instances. I do it with TriggerSleepAction(0.1) intervals after each 50 synchronized values.

Level 5
In the newest 1.30.3, sound returns to a buggy status.

I can hear global "hero revive" sounds and global "stamp" sounds, loud, very loud, exactly the same as in 1.30.1.

Blizzard, is ver. 1.30.3 just 1.30.1 with some tweaks in data? Or you guys can hardly control the "new" sound engine? Or you guys use your feet to develop war3?

Level 4
I found a bug for 1.30.2. Both BlzSetUnitAbilityManaCost and BlzSetUnitAbilityCooldown when used on certain abilities will cause the game to crash if that ability is cast.

To test, open WE and create the following trigger. Then press ESC on keyboard to create a unit with the problematic ability.

JASS:
function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit u=CreateUnit(Player(0),'Hblm',0.,0.,0.)
    call UnitAddAbility(u,'ANsy')
    //call BlzSetUnitAbilityCooldown(u,'ANsy',GetUnitAbilityLevel(u,'ANsy'),1.0)
    call BlzSetUnitAbilityManaCost(u,'ANsy',GetUnitAbilityLevel(u,'ANsy'),10)
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Untitled_Trigger_001 takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001 = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerEventEndCinematic( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, Player(0) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions )
endfunction

Be sure to enable Frozen Throne as Pocket Factory and Blood Mage are expansion additions.

Here is a list of abilities that are affected:
- Crypt Lord's Carrion Beetles
- Necromancer's Raise Dead
- Tinker's Pocket Factory

Notice these abilities are all summon-related. And there might be more but I haven't tried them all.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Some custom campaigns don't work anymore:
Post 1 & 2. Reported by Ahman
Ah, well, @Darky29's campaigns have always been problematic. If you browse through the threads, even in 2008 there were problems, due to the campaign not loading after a certain map. Back in the day, this was solved by opening up each map individually in the campaign editor and saving it. With the changes going on, I'm not sure this'll work anymore. @Ahman

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
Ah, well, @Darky29's campaigns have always been problematic. If you browse through the threads, even in 2008 there were problems, due to the campaign not loading after a certain map. Back in the day, this was solved by opening up each map individually in the campaign editor and saving it.
Jumping maps/levels ins't the way to play it. Some maps simply won't start now. It can be because of a number of reasons: imported material (like models etc.) or triggers as shown in the print screens.

Level 10
Ah, well, @Darky29's campaigns have always been problematic. If you browse through the threads, even in 2008 there were problems, due to the campaign not loading after a certain map. Back in the day, this was solved by opening up each map individually in the campaign editor and saving it. With the changes going on, I'm not sure this'll work anymore. @Ahman
So sad.. Truly unfortunate

IgUQF5A.png

I've been having a lot of issues with buttons overlapping or windows not showing the full text in the World Editor. (Am on Windows 10, messing with dpi scaling settings didn't seem to fix it.)
If you decrease Scaling in Display Settings to 100% it might help you a bit. I think you need to log out and log in again after doing that.

Level 20
Jumping maps/levels ins't the way to play it. Some maps simply won't start now. It can be because of a number of reasons: imported material (like models etc.) or triggers as shown in the print screens.
It's purely because of the triggers. Darky used an 'alternative' WorldEdit addon (I forgot which**) which did some things that standard War3 doesn't like which is why resaving the maps 'worked.' (when really all it did was disable the offending material and broke some of the maps)

I honestly don't know of any model that worked on one version that didn't in another. They either worked or they didn't.

** I think this was largely caused by TFT coming out. That caused a huge host of issues at the time.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
I honestly don't know of any model that worked on one version that didn't in another. They either worked or they didn't.
There have been some crash reports with some custom models on newer patches. @Shar Dundred can testify.
I think this was largely caused by TFT coming out. That caused a huge host of issues at the time.
I played the campaign with little problems on 1.27 but I acknowledge that it might be a custom editor related bug.

Level 20
I played the campaign with little problems on 1.27 but I acknowledge that it might be a custom editor related bug.
I remember that one of the mini dragons ceased functioning entirely (I *think* it was the blue one) from the resave 'fix' which is what prompted me to think of that.

ED: I'm dumb. I finally realized we're talking about two different campaigns since there's two parts of it.

There have been some crash reports with some custom models on newer patches. @Shar Dundred can testify.
It doesn't sound like that's a 'common' issue so perhaps said model is doing something outside of the filesystem's spec? I would love to see an example. Just from personal experience any model that crashed the game/editor was done entirely through my own dumb fault (the most common of which is having defined more Geosetanims than there are Geosets).

Last edited:
An interesting bug when using BlzUnitInterruptAttack occurs when the unit's attack order is shift-queued. This has been tested on an EVENT_UNIT_ATTACKED unitevent, and which also applies to its playerunitevent counterpart.

EDIT:

Generic Unit Event Test.gif

I also attached a map showcasing the behavior, for further testing. To clarify things, the handle-id 52 corresponds to the unitevent EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED.

Attachments

• Improved Generic Unit Event.w3x
    57.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Level 27
1.30.0 The Orc Shaman voice in the spanish version was in Spanish. <-Working as intended.
1.30.2 The Orc Shaman voice in the spanish version was in English.
1.30.4 The Orc Shaman voice in the spanish version is mixing English and Spanish lines.

:mad:

Level 23
I know it was mentioned on page 1 by Tommi, but most imported music files do not work ( there is no sound in game, its just complete silence except for ambient sounds ). But for some reason, music like the Pokemon theme song plays fine. I know this is a small issue that does not affect gameplay, but still hope it will be a priority since maps that rely on imported music have no sound playing, and it affects the game experience in a big way.
This is on 1.30.4, but the maps I am referring to were made on 1.28 or lower, so its not that saving them on 1.30.4 bugs them, it is that there is some issue that has started since 1.30.2 whereby music files just don't work (except some exceptional cases like Pokemon). I have seen some threads explaining how to "fix" this such as changing length of file name, etc. but I am hoping it can be resolved without requiring imported music in maps to be edited.

Level 20
I know it was mentioned on page 1 by Tommi, but most imported music files do not work ( there is no sound in game, its just complete silence except for ambient sounds ). But for some reason, music like the Pokemon theme song plays fine. I know this is a small issue that does not affect gameplay, but still hope it will be a priority since maps that rely on imported music have no sound playing, and it affects the game experience in a big way.
This is on 1.30.4, but the maps I am referring to were made on 1.28 or lower, so its not that saving them on 1.30.4 bugs them, it is that there is some issue that has started since 1.30.2 whereby music files just don't work (except some exceptional cases like Pokemon). I have seen some threads explaining how to "fix" this such as changing length of file name, etc. but I am hoping it can be resolved without requiring imported music in maps to be edited.
You have a specific issue with those music files in particular; Warcraft 3 is not selectively just letting your Pokemon theme file work. There is something in common with those other music files that's not in common with your Pokemon theme and that's what making them not work.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
You have a specific issue with those music files in particular; Warcraft 3 is not selectively just letting your Pokemon theme file work. There is something in common with those other music files that's not in common with your Pokemon theme and that's what making them not work.
The problem is that before .mp3 and .wav files worked quite perfectly.

Level 27
Another messed soundset.

WC3 Furion soundset is in English as 1.30.4 in the Spanish version of the program. But TFT Malfurion soundset is on the right idiom, seriously why people were messing with the units soundsets on a patch dedicated to the online matchmaking?

I'm going to open the sound editor and try to find if only Shaman and Furion are affected, or threre are more units with mixed soundsets.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
When trying to trigger a unit to act (order) on a custom haunted mine the game crashes whatever the command on that unit. It works on custom non-haunted mines (did not test on custom entangled ones).

• Tankers to Patch Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Peon (Oil Tanker)
          • (Unit-type of (Target unit of issued order)) Equal to Haunted Gold Mine (Oil Patch)
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
    • Actions
      • Set Tanker = (Ordered unit)
      • Set Patch = (Target unit of issued order)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: BLALALA
      • Unit - Order Tanker to Harvest Patch

Attachments

• WarcraftIIOilTest.w3x
    18.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 11
Hey,

I have been playing RoC campaigns over again. In the Orcs' 6th mission 'Where Wyverns Dare', in the final cinematic, Jaina began running to the Oracle cave along with a couple of other humans, like she was supposed to, but she was halfway there when she stopped and turned back:
jainawrongway-png.316273
If I recall correctly, she's supposed to enter the cave, but for some reason she didn't. I had never seen this behaviour before.

I'm using the latest version, 1.30.4.

Last edited:
Level 11
So, the next episode of my RoC campaigns playthrough. In the Oracle cave, when Thrall encounters sheep in a corridor, those sheep are supposed to morph into footmen and attack the Orcs. However, when the sheep became footmen again, most of them were considered as allies and didn't attack Thrall (see screenshot).
I don't know if it has something to do with me attacking the sheep before their transformation.

oraclecavesheep-png.316354

I'm using 1.30.4 version, but some people have encountered that very bug before (see this thread in 2015, post #2: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/17084930731)

Edit:

One more:
In the final cinematic of the final NE mission, after Furion has awakened, the ghouls who were trying to chop their way to Furion were idle, and Furion attacked them. Unless he was attacking the Barrow Den, I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Barrow Den is supposed to be neutral passive, so he must have been attacking the ghouls.
Are the ghouls supposed to be idle? Shouldn't they be supposed to keep cutting down trees? Is Furion supposed to attack those ghouls while he is talking?
furionattackingghouls-png.316411

Also, just before that cinematic, I found three orbs on the ground close to Cenarius Horn: one Orb of Fire, one Orb of Ice and one Orb of Lightning. The Keeper Protectors didn't drop them. I had never seen those orbs before, is that intentional?

Last edited:
Level 3
Seems like BlzSetHeroProperName makes units stuck, if they were acting (like moving somewhere) making them unable to response to player commands, and only reselecting these units fixed that things. It's even affected enemy units somehow, they were unable to do a thing. Or maybe its just my retarded code caused a problemView attachment 299168

@Kolladan Stormrage that's an old bug that went undocumented for long; I've reported it only recently. To my surprise, it had gone unnoticed outside the roleplayers' community.

The bug has been well known among those players (of maps such as DoBRP, CotMRP and the likes) since 2005. It was known as the selection bug. The bug's effects are as you describe: units becoming unresponsive to player commands, and/or sometimes actions performed over unit groups enumerated from a player's selection affecting units that were not actually selected by the player. Interestingly enough, the latter case was not limited to 12 units.

It was never clear what caused it, though throughout the years we noticed two things: 1) less players meant it happened less often, and 2) with later RP maps scripted purely in JASS the bug was mostly absent. I suspect it might have something to do with BJ function GetUnitsSelectedAll, which is used when you call “Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units currently selected by Player X)”
I believe that what I've reported is still not fixed, so I will leave it here, hoping that one day it will be fixed :D

Also it seems like cloud-based (dragonhawk rider) abilities are strangely bugged, strangely reacts and even affect friendly units, instead of enemy, as it supposed to be, like I even found some old quote from 2014 year, yeah [Spell] - Cloud Ability: Solving the mystery once and for all. I just wanted to say that I've encountered the same issue today in one map, ability, based on cloud ability, which is supposed to affect enemy units, affects your own and allies units instead

"I made a spell based on cloud to affect only enemy units. when I use it "when i am Player 1" it works fine it only affects units but when I am player 7 and above it affects my units and neutrals but not player 1's units. this is not used on a dummy spell but used by the hero itself and the hero is owned by their respective players. it's like no matter who the player is the allowed target only chooses player 1."

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-24_20-59-36.png
    upload_2019-2-24_20-59-36.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 80

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 34
In my map, there is a dungeon where all units are all set to a very high altitude (~2000 height z). And all sound that's coming from animations (i.e. death animation sound) have very low volume. It also happens for sound effects coming from "DamageUnit" function (combination of units armor type and weapon type). I use 1.30.4. I tested on 1.27 and sounds from animations were fine (normal volume) so I'm sure it's a bug with newer patches.

In case it's necessary to know, I don't set unit fly height using trigger, but instead I place a big invisible platform object (walkable destructible) on the middle of the dungeon.

(dungeon like this)
upload_2019-2-28_14-46-28.png

Last edited:
Level 19
In my map, there is a dungeon where all units are all set to a very high altitude (~2000 height z). And all sound that's coming from animations (i.e. death animation sound) have very low volume. It also happens for sound effects coming from "DamageUnit" function (combination of units armor type and weapon type). I use 1.30.4. I tested on 1.27 and sounds from animations were fine (normal volume) so I'm sure it's a bug with newer patches.
how do you bind anything to 1-9 on the skill panel? oO

Level 20
The problem is that before .mp3 and .wav files worked quite perfectly.
No, the problem is you posted that it works for some and not for others. What YOU needed to figure out was what the difference was between one file and the other one because Warcraft 3 doesn't selectively choose which ones work and which ones don't.

This is going to come as a shocker, but not every mp3 or wav file are made the same way. "It doesn't work!" isn't good enough because you're the only one who has the files in question, and without being able to compare what you have against something that is known to work you're only consigning yourself to the whole "Blz plz fix" meme and everyone knows you won't fix anything that way.

And before you smart off about "it should work anyway!" even iTunes can't handle every kind of mp3. There are such things as non-standard files.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
No, the problem is you posted that it works for some and not for others. What YOU needed to figure out was what the difference was between one file and the other one because Warcraft 3 doesn't selectively choose which ones work and which ones don't.
I had no troubles importing sound files on 1.27. I rarely edited them if only to make them take less space, so lowered the kbs to 128, that's it. I kept the Hz to 48k. And that only for music but if you're saying I was lucky enough not to need to do anything myself on all other sounds for them to work...

Level 11
In the editor, the time of day is stuck to night for some reason. Whatever I do, I can't set it to dawn, noon or dusk, and therefore the whole map is darker. Of course I can deactivate the lighting, but then terrain reliefs and shadows are less perceptible.
Edit: Nevermind, it's my fault. I didn't know time of day was locked in Scenario > Map Properties > "Fixed - Midnight". I changed it to "Use Editor Preference" and now it's working properly.

I'm not sure whether this counts as a "bug," per se, but it's a mysterious change that bothers me. I noticed yesterday that in the end credits cinematic scene recreating the one found on Warcraft 2, the grunt has been replaced with a bandit:

War3 Credits Change
I tried to cheat my way to the end credits to check about this footman/bandit bug, so in the last NE mission I used whosyourdaddy and destroyed the undead base at the bottom left of the map. If I recall correctly, when you had destroyed the undead base (with or without cheats), you would win the game. But now it doesn't happen. So I'll have to wait 45 minutes until the game is finally over... I'll let you know if I encounter the same bug as you.

Edit: Yep, got the same bug on 1.30.4: bandit instead of footman.

Last edited:
Level 11
In TFT NE 7th mission ("The Ruins of Dalaran"), everytime I try to research Nature's Blessing in the Tree of Life, the cost is withdrawn (150 gold and 200 lumber), I hear "Research finished", but the research doesn't even start and my Ancients get no upgrade. If I have enough resources, I can click on the research button several time in a row, I'll lose gold and lumber and hear that the research is finished, but nothing else would happen.

It seems to happen only in this mission.

I'm playing on 1.30.4.

Level 11
In TFT, Blood Elves secret level ("The Crossing"), the final wave was glitched: one pandaren got stuck in Garithos' base, preventing me from winning the game since that one last kill was needed to complete the mission (thankfully he was close enough so I can snipe him off with my heroes, but it could have been worse)
Screenshot attached:
tdpandarenbug-png.320156
I'm playing on 1.30.4.