• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Cloud Ability: Solving the mystery once and for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Okay, after 4 hours of searching, I have seen many posts, help, etc. given in the Internet, but what I don't get is how it is solved. People have posted that they solved it, but given that post, I don't know how to start it even. I just also wanted to make sure. They said the Cloud ability bugs up, and some people would say it should never happen. What's the deal here?

The cloud spell, they said, gets bugged on player number.
The cloud spell, they said, silences the caster completely even if not in Targets allowed.

I don't know anymore, and so I have posted this thread so that someone can enlighten me of what is going on in the spell, and what I should do so it does not bug up.

Level 9
"The cloud spell, they said, gets bugged on player number."

elaborate on this please

"I made a spell based on cloud to affect only enemy units. when I use it "when i am Player 1" it works fine it only affects units but when I am player 7 and above it affects my units and neutrals but not player 1's units. this is not used on a dummy spell but used by the hero itself and the hero is owned by their respective players. it's like no matter who the player is the allowed target only chooses player 1."

He based a spell off of Cloud ability, it's not a custom spell, @elm0.

@blancfaye7, I have never heard of such a bug, but I haven't used the Cloud ability a lot either. The only thing I can point you to is to check your alliance settings. That's the most probable reason. People have been using this ability a lot, I'm sure I'd have seen something, if it was bugged. Plus, it wouldn't work in ladder either.

Level 9
He based a spell off of Cloud ability, it's not a custom spell, @elm0.

@blancfaye7, I have never heard of such a bug, but I haven't used the Cloud ability a lot either. The only thing I can point you to is to check your alliance settings. That's the most probable reason. People have been using this ability a lot, I'm sure I'd have seen something, if it was bugged. Plus, it wouldn't work in ladder either.

Alright, I shall check each of the fields and if I come up to a problem, I'll post again.

Also, What do you mean by ladder?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45

The cloud spell, they said, gets bugged on player number.
The cloud spell, they said, silences the caster completely even if not in Targets allowed.

I don't know anymore, and so I have posted this thread so that someone can enlighten me of what is going on in the spell, and what I should do so it does not bug up.
I have had some small experience with (re)using & modifying Cloud... And indeed, regardless of the settings, it Silences the caster (I think, permanently). Nasty stuff.

For this and other questions, I'd highly suggest the excellent Warcraft 3 Ability Guide and the ensuing Warcraft 3 Weird Ability Guide.

Ladder is the official War3 matching system used when paring people against each other on b.net.
The name Ladder is an analogy for ranking.
The better ranking you have, the higher up the ladder you are.
Yeah, and by extension "Ladder" is often used to describe the basic, already existing game & it's normal play (TFT, 4 factions, normal races & settings, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.