• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Plague Cloud issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Rather than me explaining it,
Fullmetal_09 had the same problem.
What he said: I tried to change the buff for disease cloud from disease to sumthin else, but when i made my unit run up to some enemy units they had the disease buff instead of my custom buff, so i was wondering if there was a way to change it? I need disease cloud specifically because it still hurts the enemy for awhile after they leave the disease cloud gy's aoe. Hope to get a response soon :grin:End message
Rather than leaving the Disease Cloud spell(or Plague Cloud) in my case, is there a way to make this work with triggers and can a map be posted, if possible?
I tried the same things Fullmetal_09 did, but no luck.

Level 11
Disease Cloud's buff is hardcoded. You have to use the original buff, though you can still modify it. I used it in a tower defense of mine and just gave it a generic name and description that worked for everything.

Level 14
It doesn't fix that unfortunately. I generally recommend not using things like Spellsteal in maps anyway, as it massively limits design space for things like debuffs but with negative values (eg. Cripple that has negative slow / damage reduction) being usable properly at all.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It doesn't fix that unfortunately. I generally recommend not using things like Spellsteal in maps anyway, as it massively limits design space for things like debuffs but with negative values (eg. Cripple that has negative slow / damage reduction) being usable properly at all.
Hum. Well that's all well & good, except when someone is trying to mod stuff to fit into the standard game. :<

But good to know, for my eventual total conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.