1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is the original version of Darky's map. No changes were made and it is not playable with the new version of Warcraft.

IMPORTANT
For those playing on 1.29+ game versions please download BizzaroFukuro's fix in his post here: click
Contents

Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon (Campaign)

Reviews
17:13, 26th Mar 2013 Vengeancekael: Fixed version - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2261221-post64.html
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm afraid the patch broke it. It's a JASS problem:
    Nature'sCallPatchBreak.png
    I tried saving a map on the latest patch and that's the error I got.
    Same on 1.29.2.

2. Ahman

Ahman

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see. And there is no way to go back to the earlier version 1.27 to play this campaign other than downloading a pirated 1.27 version?

3. Michael Peppers

Michael Peppers

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If that's the only problem it's an easy fix, just rename that variable
    local group selection
    wherever it pops up in that trigger, it's a 5 minute fix at most.

EDIT: Actually... that's weird, that local is declared twice? That would've never compiled even in older versions... is there something wrong with WE's Jasshelper version?
    Deleting one of those two variable declarations should still fix it if they're both actually present in the code I guess.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You need Warcraft III CDs if you've bought the game like that before this post 1.27 shenanigans. I mean, instead of pirating. And you can then install the 1.27 patch:
    Latest 1.27 patch | HIVE
    I don't know JASS. If you can fix it (do what needs to be done and test it, see if it works) then do tell us how to do it or upload a fixed version here so we can replace or add it alongside the original. But, all maps have to be tested that they don't have that or any other error.

5. Michael Peppers

Michael Peppers

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'd love to help, but I'm not on my pc until the holidays end. :(

6. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know there is a tool for Wc3, that allows you to start it with whatever version you want. I used it about 2 years ago, and must admit that I have utterly forgotten what it is called, but that should help you.

7. Ahman

Ahman

Resources:
    Resources:
    chapter 3 contains a bug that triggers losing the mission for no damn reason at all. Tried reloading times and times again, and it always happen. Look to the uploaded file.
    Chapters are soooo unsatisfyingly long, full of massive large flipping creeps that provide an unrewarding experience on Hard difficulty. I'm disappointed.
    The music is so annoying and I can't disable it because it's mixed with the sound effects volume! un-ticking Ambient Sounds doesn't disable it either.
    Despite all of this, the voice acted conversations were hilarious:ogre_haosis:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't remember having come across such an error.
    Do a backup of the campaign file you're currently playing on and then replace the non-backup one with each of these and see if the map doesn't bug anymore:
    Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon

9. Ahman

Ahman

Resources:
    Resources:
    I gave up on it. It's one bug after the other, sadly.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, maybe you don't like it that much. I tried all I could to play it and finally succeeded.

11. BizzaroFukuro

BizzaroFukuro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I made the fixed version for Warcraft 1.30: [Uploaded in this post]
    Basically I opened every map in World Editor and re-saved them, then it prompted some errors in the code, and I fixed them. Also fixed a few other bugs, which were not present in older Warcraft versions.

This is playable with the current Warcraft 1.30.4 version. I tested all maps, got to Chapter 10, everything works.
    WARNING: Old bugs are still present, so save frequently and save in different slots!!!

Full list of fixes:
    Spells / Metamorphus / Shape Shift Meta
    Code (vJASS):
    local group selection               -->     //local group selection

Spells / Metamorphus / Spawn Egg
    Code (vJASS):
    exitwhen i > 15                 -->     exitwhen i > GetBJMaxPlayerSlots()-1

Spells / Nozdramus / Lightning Strike
    Code (vJASS):
    local effect lightning                      -->     local effect lightning2
    set lightning = GetLastCreatedEffectBJ()    -->     set lightning2 = GetLastCreatedEffectBJ()
    call DestroyEffectBJ( lightning )           -->     call DestroyEffectBJ( lightning2 )

Spells / Nozdramus / Charge Up
    Code (vJASS):
    exitwhen i > 15                 -->     exitwhen i > GetBJMaxPlayerSlots()-1

Abilities / Goblins / Airstrike
    Code (vJASS):
    // disabled "Airstrike" trigger  (contains usage of old "return bug")
    // enabled "Airstrike Copy" trigger

Map 5 / Labyrinth generation script
    Code (vJASS):
    // Removed plus signs for some real arguments, otherwise wasn't compiling, weird
    "+3.0" --> "3.0" // etc.

Map 1, Map 3:
    Code (vJASS):
    call DestroyMultiboard(...)

-->

call MultiboardDisplay(..., false) // otherwise the game would crash the next time the interface is shown after cinematic, this is something new in Warcraft 1.30, this 100% didn't happen before.
    call DestroyMultiboard(...)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome!
    Hey, please upload the file in your post so it will be here on the site (forever hehehe).

13. BizzaroFukuro

BizzaroFukuro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, totally forgot about that. Uploaded here, too.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you very much! Just updated the map thread description and referred to your post.

15. Maltazar

Maltazar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great! I can finally play this campaign, i've been trying for years but never could get past the 3° mission glitch on the end cinematic. Thank you very much BizzaroFukuro. :)

I'm on mission 5 right now and i gotta say, the dungeon maps (the one where you are underground) can be really frustating, and not in a fun kind of way. The big level 10 golems can be a really pain in the ass for the two puny level 3/4 inteligent based heroes. The only way i find to kill them is by kiting the bastards straight to some mines.

Other than that, i'm having fun with the campaign so far (there are a lot of bugs but nothing game breaking). The voice actors do a really good job so kudos to them!

Edit: So, i finished the campaign recently and i hate to say it, but the game gets considerably easy in the latter missions (not going to say why for spoilers reasons) and so as a result, less fun and honestly, a bit of a hassle to play.

Of course, it's not fair to criticize a custom campaign that old, but that's how i feel about it gameplay wise. :p It still does some very interesting things for its time so i recommend this campaign for the novelty concept alone!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019