• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Nature's Call - The Spiderqueen & Return of the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everybody!

You all must heard of legendary Nature's Call campaign - that is The Spiderqueen and Return of the Dragon. For me these two are pure gems and true legends of modding community, just recently (today) I finished The Spiderqueen campaign and it was still fun, playable and fresh. Thing is, in a sense these campaigns got old, and some things in them were never fixed.

I've got an idea of making a tribute to this two great pieces of modding art, and by a tribute I mean making and releasing updated, fixed versions of them. There are sadly two things that I struggle with:
1) Is there any way to contact with Darky27, maker of this campaigns?
2) How do you think, is this appropriate, or perhaps I should leave these alone?

Level 16
Last I seen or heard of Darky, he has completely left the Warcraft III Modding community, although it might have something to do with him working and raising his kids.
(I think he just had another one back in January)
Although I was recently wondering how to get a fixed version of his 2 campaigns, and possibly find a copy of his old rpg maps Natures Call 1 & Nature's Call 2. The copies I have were beta maps, but still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.