Nature's Call - Return of the Dragons

Level 18
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
580
Nature's Call - Return of the Dragons

It is release time. After one year and four months the campaign is released and open for the public.
Here I like to thank all the people who helped me making this campaign. Wthout you this Mod would never have seen the light of the day.
I also like to thank all the numerous fans who suported me over that long period of creating RoTD.
The campaign file is 105 mb big and features more than 100 unique icons, hundreds of models, hundreds of voices and dozens of unique music tracks.
The Campaign has 15 playable maps, 1 cinematic map and the credits map.
My favourite maps are Map 3 and 8, which takes hours to complete.
I really hope you enjoy playing the campaign and have some funny hours with it.

Fetch the file here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=730

Greetings and happy downloading

Chris aka Darky28 & his modding team
 
Level 2
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
34
I encouterned a bug or maybe sometime else but, on map 2 when you are told to go into the cave. when I send metamorphus in, nothing happens and meta disspears.
 
Level 2
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
23
NICE and I mean it its just a complettly new game with only a few little bugs (In the map were you must build a base in the quest menu it says buil a barac it supposed to be barack you forget the k)
I really like that golem guy its a nice hero greatest map ever
 
Level 1
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
6
I found one bug, not a major one, but a little irretating. When i mate the tauron that brews the potion of restoration, he gave me 2 empty vail and when u cant drop them, it becomes a pain in the ...
One more thing, the music, its cool to see new music, but not when its the same song over and over and over and OVER again!
btw the music is higher than the speach, so sometimes it hard to hear what the diffrent units are saying.
But all these complaynings are just minor things that just cross ur mind when u play the campaign.

it is so ... .... goooood!!!
 
Level 2
Joined
Jun 30, 2004
Messages
13
:shock: Nice campaign but... -.- I don't know where to go to the dragon eggZ @ map 3 plz help ^^ I searched 3 h's or more and I'm searching atm -.- but i don't find any ways... >_<
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
2
Here is my thought on this map. I spent over 10 hours waiting for this map to download, and when it was done i found it was a complete waste. :evil: The map %&@$ing sucks!!! The whole year and 4 months was a waste. One thing that makes me even hate it more is the gay voices that you use for the characters. GEEKS!!!! :idea: I got an idea! Never make a map agian!!
 
Level 12
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,248
Yes, I can understand that there are a few bugs such as incorrect dialogue and voices and gameplay issues. I wonder if Darky would ever update this campaign. I'd be surprised if he did. :shock:

@l7iabIo: Please, if you really hate the campaign that much, then I suggest helping Darky out instead of complaining like a little kid how retarded you think the campaign is. :evil:
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
1
l7iablo, i dont think u can make a campaign a tenth as good as this one, so dont complain and dont come to this site if u dont like it.
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
4
i think there is a big bug, because some buildings (like the toxic pool and the zigurat) can be build everywhere (like in trees, water, cliffs and i can even build them on the same place). and kazaaaam does splash damage to allied units too, thats a bit stupid. and if the jetpack is over and kazaaaam is over water he dies, but may it possible that he will be moved to the nearest land?
the rest is very cool and the campaign makes alot of fun.
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
6
I`ve found a bug with "displacement":

When you cast displacement on a non-fyling unit while your hero is floating over ...e.g... trees the targeted unit won`t be teleported to this location though the dragon did... that wouldn`t be a problem if the unit wasn`t invurnable forever then.

Some critics:

The storyline is interesting and the sidequests are wellmade... I also like the custom heroes/icons/modells/skins... (I`ve only played the first 2 missions so far) but I noticed that the terrain seems to be a bit "lonley" sometimes. For example: there is a canyon in the 2nd mission where you can walk for 3 minutes without encountering anything, not even creeps. The ziggurats in the udneadbase (2nd mission) look like you`re tired when you placed them. Uhm, another thing: why should I build Crypt Fiends when I`ve got Toxic Spiders (which got more skills, more HP and cost the same amount of Gold/Wood)

I`m not the one who is able to rate it but overall the campaign is well done. *thumbs up* keep it going (I can`t wait till the next campaign is released)
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
4
MaturanTheRed said:
I`ve found a bug with "displacement":

When you cast displacement on a non-fyling unit while your hero is floating over ...e.g... trees the targeted unit won`t be teleported to this location though the dragon did... that wouldn`t be a problem if the unit wasn`t invurnable forever then.

Some critics:

The storyline is interesting and the sidequests are wellmade... I also like the custom heroes/icons/modells/skins... (I`ve only played the first 2 missions so far) but I noticed that the terrain seems to be a bit "lonley" sometimes. For example: there is a canyon in the 2nd mission where you can walk for 3 minutes without encountering anything, not even creeps. The ziggurats in the udneadbase (2nd mission) look like you`re tired when you placed them. Uhm, another thing: why should I build Crypt Fiends when I`ve got Toxic Spiders (which got more skills, more HP and cost the same amount of Gold/Wood)

I`m not the one who is able to rate it but overall the campaign is well done. *thumbs up* keep it going (I can`t wait till the next campaign is released)
yes but this maps still look good, also when they look a bit lonley but if you think this is the only map, play to map 7 and you will see the worst mapdesign ever, sorry but map 7 looks damn stupid and has a trigger bug, whenever i build a zigurat the "build up a base" quest starts again. and the abilty whirl wings has a bug too, it makes 0 damage and crashes warcraft. and the labyrinth has a worse cameraleed and i can walk trough the walls. and one more bug is: i got the spellbook from the 6th map and opended it, but then the end cinimatic started and when map 7 was started, the whole inventory of the dragon wheelp was away.
sorry 4 all the critics but i think an update is very important, because there too many bugs.
 
Level 1
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
6
Map is good, and would've been perfect had the simple mistakes been fixed. There are just so many small errors it greatly detracts from the campaign.

People need beta test their maps more. :(
I've only played the first map but, so far, here's some ways it messed up:

- Simple mismatching of voice/text in cinematics
- Spelling errors
- Metas's voice is so ... not a cool voice for a main character. I guess this is subject to debate but I think many people agree with this.
- Terrain looks the same after a while - it's hard to tell whats water and whats walkable.
- The underground movement is dumb - all it is is guessing where you're going.
- Some of the units stop attacking you when you move away from them - they just sit there, awake, but not attacking. Example: Wolves, murlocs, and gnomes in the first map.
- Some quests are much too vague an annoying. The "Find the Coin" quest that you have to do for the goblin took me forever. Like, 1 1/2 hours.

Otherwise, the map was good with nice models and skins and cool interface. Good job! ;)

-nathanmx
 
Level 2
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
30
l7iabIo said:
Here is my thought on this map. I spent over 10 hours waiting for this map to download, and when it was done i found it was a complete waste. :evil: The map %&@$ing sucks!!! The whole year and 4 months was a waste. One thing that makes me even hate it more is the gay voices that you use for the characters. GEEKS!!!! :idea: I got an idea! Never make a map agian!!

man. Go play with child.

This campagn is great and awesome, even if there is some minor bug and 1 major ive found witch i describe in the download webpage.

it is the best War3 campaign i ever seen. and believe, me, i've seen a lot of campaign, war3, and starcraft.

by the way i am wondering if the other is or not a blizzard member... i wonder.
 
Level 2
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
30
bugs, Bugs, BUGS!!

I have HUGE bugs. In map 2 I get 3 Metamorphus' One Dragon Form in the bottom right corner and one Spider Form in the top left corner. The third one disappears around 2 seconds into the game and i'm stuck with the other one. Dragon Form is screwy because of it because when I do Dragon Form the other one switches places with me and I turn into the dragon but get moved up the top left corner where the other one was.


Also the hotkeys are screwed. You can't use hotkeys to do Dragon Form and Burrow because Dragon Forms' Hotkey is 'P' which is the same for patrol and Burrow's Hotkey is 'O' whic is to bring up the Hero Menu (where you choose the abilitys you want to learn)

If you want, I could send you the replay so you can see what went wrong.

Hope you release a patch soon.
 
Level 14
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
1,257
TimeMachine said:
lol, i see that brilliant campaing, and it make's me wanna make one of my own, and i try and i try, and i suck! haha
wow! That campaing is amazing better than blizzard's :)

LOL!!! This campaign isnt a inch better than blizzard's campaign...this campaign is very good indeed and i know i can't make a better map than this for sure :lol: but it's not better ok? ok!
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
5
nah...i think it is better. it just needs some bugs fixed. the most major one that i have found is in the second map. when i go into the island submap and back again i no longer have my dragon and meta in spider form is stuck up in the corner of the map. a similar problem happens when i load a saved game in the 2nd map, i get both my dragon and the spider, but once again the spider is stuck up in the corner. map 3 i havent found any bugs so far apart from a couple of gramma mistakes and buffs saying things like they are doing damage when they are actually healing. also, in map one i get the potion from the tauren before the cinematic starts, it doesnt affect anyting it just looks a bit weird. the only other bug that i have found is the devour skill. when in dragon form you devour a target, then you switch back to spider form and the devoured unit is not released or killed, its removed from the game. this made it so i could get past a group of creeps easily coz i would just devour and then switch forms (and repeated until i ran out of mana, but i still killed about 5 of the creeps.)

srry about saying all these negative things but i just thought that a lot of people seemed to have noticed bugs and it would improve gameplay a fraction if they were fixed. as for things such as the goblin dying when it lands over an unpathable area, though annoying, it does make sense and i dont think it is a bug.

otherwise BRILLIANT campaign. ive played 3 1/2 hours last night and 4 1/2 tonight. 1 problem though, its to addictive, stops me from doin my homework :D :p
 
Level 1
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
6
I have one thing to say about the campaign, other than my previus bug report. I'm and it seems like Ppl are irretated on all the small bugs. Many small bugs is probably more irretating than a major bug.

One advice from me, call the campaign back and start testing it, then when many of the bugs are gone, u can releas it again!!
Ppl have waited 16 mounth for it, they can wait some more!
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
6
I`ve got a "small" problem in the 2nd mission, I`ve searched the whole map and couldn`t find it... or in other words:

WHERE IS THE CAVE?!

btw... it`s a dragon QUEEN (in the video) and a dragon LORD in the quest log... but that`s not a problem (finding the cave seems to be one...)
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
4
MaturanTheRed said:
I`ve got a "small" problem in the 2nd mission, I`ve searched the whole map and couldn`t find it... or in other words:

WHERE IS THE CAVE?!

btw... it`s a dragon QUEEN (in the video) and a dragon LORD in the quest log... but that`s not a problem (finding the cave seems to be one...)
the cave is in the east of the map and you must enter it with both heroes.
 
Level 2
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
23
THIS MAP SUCKS pathetic peace of shit it corups my entire war 3 directory and has sooooooooooooooooooooooo manny bugs in it my grandma makes better maps than you do adn thos gay voices jech DONT MAKE ANY MORE MAPS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
6
You`re right... in one point: too many bugs for 1 year and 4 months (even in the first two missions I`ve encountered simply too many bugs [e.g.: I`ve got 3 spiders after loading a state in the 2nd mission])
... anything else you`ve said (shit map,...) shouldn`t be discussed, it should be ignored.
 
Level 3
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
50
i have a question: how do you get the teleport orbs in the 3rd level? i have the one that you get from the brood queen but i can't get the other ones even though i know where they are(iseedeadpeople)
 
Level 12
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,248
You have to place the teleport orbs on the purple circles (I think). If it lights up to be light green, take your heroes on it, and they should teleport to one of the locations. Remember, you need to put the right crystal on the right circle of power.

And from all the angry people, I think darky's gonna have to update the campaign a whole lot more like I said before. :wink: :wink: :wink:

@Omegaweapon: You really need to calm down. It's bad enough that you say you could make better maps and perhaps voices. Why don't you try it you fool? This campaign wasn't pow-pow done like you think.
 
Level 5
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Messages
70
To Darky and team: You've done a great job! There's sooo many funny little things in this one.. and 'till now I've only played the first 2 maps... Choosing what to say in the goblin camp.. walking through caves in the map.. funny goblin voices.. nice models etc etc VERY GOOD....

There is a BUT though.. I really have to agree with most of the people here.. for a campaign taking such a long time there are really way toooo many bugs.. little ones and big ones.. indeed like people say you get multiple meta's, prolly because u use a hide trigger or something for the morphing or something I guess.. Not obvious enough where to walk to when walking through those caves (textures do show it a bit but not enough I think)... So many spelling errors.. little mistakes. It breakes the campaign down. You should have beta tested it way more with more people.. you have a great community here.. why not use it for a small beta.. numerous bugs would have been fixed that way.

Still there are many many good things about this campaign and I will keep playing it.. though I keep my fingers crossed you quickly open a bug list in a sticky or something and get some patches out.. would be great. Other than that.. thanx for the hours of entertainment!
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
5
Sundance said:
To Darky and team: You've done a great job! There's sooo many funny little things in this one.. and 'till now I've only played the first 2 maps... Choosing what to say in the goblin camp.. walking through caves in the map.. funny goblin voices.. nice models etc etc VERY GOOD....

There is a BUT though.. I really have to agree with most of the people here.. for a campaign taking such a long time there are really way toooo many bugs.. little ones and big ones.. indeed like people say you get multiple meta's, prolly because u use a hide trigger or something for the morphing or something I guess.. Not obvious enough where to walk to when walking through those caves (textures do show it a bit but not enough I think)... So many spelling errors.. little mistakes. It breakes the campaign down. You should have beta tested it way more with more people.. you have a great community here.. why not use it for a small beta.. numerous bugs would have been fixed that way.

Still there are many many good things about this campaign and I will keep playing it.. though I keep my fingers crossed you quickly open a bug list in a sticky or something and get some patches out.. would be great. Other than that.. thanx for the hours of entertainment!



TOTALLY agree wif ya Sundance :D
 
Level 4
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
69
after playing the 3rd map for about 5 hours i stepped on a purple circle and it teleported Meta back to where i got the crystal and the brood mother and then Khazaaammm Died cause i had to take meta back up there and i lost the mission so i quit
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1
teleport!

i'm french so my english is bad...
YOU CAN TELEPORT!!!
take metamorphus and send him somewhere in the map
then type teleport and he teleport!!!(I tried only on metamorphus and khazaam)
 
Level 9
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
594
i was kinda disappointed with the first few maps

I was kinda disappointed by the entire campaign. It had the potential to be really great, but it was ruined by an avalanche of bugs.

@Darky28
Can we get any official word as to whether-or-not you plan to update the campaign?

~The_Raven
 
Level 2
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
30
Yeah I have soooo many bugs that I am not going to start. HOW WEAK ARE THE HEROS!! Have you guys noticed that Metamorphus and Kazzzzaamm are based on exactly the same unit? Just around 4 things changed.
 
Level 1
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
4
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
This is abit spoiling, but there will be one more campagne again, if you finish the last mission it will come a text which says "to be contiued". but maybe the next campagne will be better and not so buggy. and i hope it will have better beta-testers.
 
Top