1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.1

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Is there an ETA on when we can have the updated Editor with unlimited doodads and TESH highlighting? Because right now, there is no way for me to continue working on my map now that WEX is no longer supported and my map by far exceeds the doodad limit.
    Also, with no syntax highlighting, it's pretty much impossible to code anything without a headache.

Don't get me wrong; I absolutely appreciate the idea to get an official editor that is capable of everything that WEX could do; but I feel this update should have been delayed until the primary features of the new editor are fully functional.

I am forced to downgrade to 1.29 every time I want to work on my map, then update back to 1.30.1 whenever I want to do a testing game on bnet.

2. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    The ability 'AIsb' (Orb of Slow? I don't know exact name for it in English), is an item ability. It has changed from passive(1.27) to active(1.30). Is that intended?

3. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    A suggestion on reddit also is to run the launcher with net connection disabled. Worked for me previously.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm waiting for a workaround free suggestion.

5. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fuck this error, cant even play
    Even the slightest update would nearly kill my pc
    If you got PTR i would say goodluck uninstall PTR cuz mine is colliding with the live version and trying to find a solution other than completely purged my pc

6. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You can have two separate installations. It's as simple as copying and pasting your wc3 folder.

The PTR shouldn't interfere with the original game unless you installed it to the same folder. Delete the folders, and reinstall. If there's an issue specifically state what the issue is.

7. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Also getting stuck at 65%, none of the suggested solutions have worked so far. I really, REALLY, feel like Blizzard aren't properly testing these updates, and most of all not assessing their consequences for WC3 players. It's one thing to break all community tools without offering a replacement, but to make the game nonfunctional for a significant amount of players, or make them unable to play two custom maps in a row without a crash... ugh.

8. Lahey

Lahey

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I got the same issue. Like half the sound variables are not being played.
    Also I notice that some floating texts are not being displayed but for others they are (it's some local display issue I guess)

Edit: I just did a little test in a small test map. I play a 3D sound attached to an unit by a chat message, I wait until the sound is done playing, then I do it again, suddenly the sound is like at only 10% volume. Gosh...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  9. OutsiderXE

OutsiderXE

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think everything Blizzard related under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software... but I didn't need to do that.

10. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    I read that one of the objetives is to: "bug fixes to numerous aspects of the game, including ones for custom maps. There are many more bug fixes and balance changes than what is shown to the left, in which you can read the full list of changes..."

two weeks a go (video uploaded the 5 of september)

In this video the youtube user Orange talks about the new maps (he did many competitive melee videos and also he reviewed all the maps of the first melee contest). I didnĀ“t see the whole video but I saw the complete review of the new Blizzard map Swamped Temple

In the video, he explained some bugs like:

AOW creeping for merc camp was unbalanced (walking distances were not equal, called as spawn bug).
    Platforms wood was with no simetry (north platform with wisp scout posibility, south platform with no wisp scout posibility).
    Turtle level 10 eated his only bear, he chased it with a quimera and the bear was released in some island, he explained that he hated the map (in a funny way of course) because of that bug.

My point is that if in this thread the topic is to talk about balance the custom maps.

I sugest to watch his video (maybe he is not that serius but he do explain well many points of competitive melee play and balance)

hope this may help.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  11. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've had issues with custom sounds and music not playing. Some work and others don't. The issues were present before all the new patches but became more prevalent in patch 1.29 I think? (when they introduced the new sound engine). I did lots of research into this and I found the problem was caused by the following:

1. Special characters in the filename. ! , @ ( ) and so on.
    2. Audio file's meta data (artist name, track number, etc.). I suspect it might have specifically been the special characters within the meta data?

To fix my problem, I rename my files with simple letters and spaces and remove all meta data. Meta data removal can be quickly done by encoding files without writing meta data with some programs like LameXP. I haven't had any issues with custom sounds since. Will inform if I do encounter an exception. Have only tested on client 1.30 and below

Other things to try are using constant bit rate for .mp3 files instead of variable bit rate. This may or may not help.

Can someone flag this as it may help Blizzard diagnose the issue with their sounds.

12. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is it possible that only 3d-sounds are affected? Can we do anything to fix the problem with the not working sounds?

13. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, also normal sounds are affected. We fixed a couple of issues in the Gnoll Campaign by moving the Sound - Play Sound trigger action after a 1.5-second wait. I do not know if placing waits in triggers helps in other cases.

14. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Has somebody found a solution on the opengl issue? Can't play Wc3 anymore since the recent patches (not even on PTR), just starts and stays black (or doesn't show window at all).

15. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What setup are you using?

16. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks like i need to reinstall the PTR cuz i have uninstall the warcraft 3 but for some particular reason the goddamn app is still show up at the control panel

edit: sigh, im afraid what my bro said was true
    this thing became a virus

edit 2: i've done it, all instruction outsiderxe said i've followed except the last one which is crazy

also is Warcraft 3 took long enough to download?

17. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
  18. 4rum_Arts

4rum_Arts

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not a bug, but the "worldeditstrings.txt" file contains a lot of typos in the Korean language.

For "WESTRING_UE_ATTACKTYPE_SPELLS", it has been translated like "WESTRING_UE_ATTACKTYPE_MAGIC".

"WESTRING_SUBANIMTYPE_SPIKED" has been translated as "spiked hair".

"WESTRING_SUBANIMTYPE_SECOND" has been translated as "seconds of time", not the second one.

If these things continue this way, users using Korean may be confused. :(

19. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Imported mp3 sound datas also don't work anymore. I had never problems with this before the actual patch.

20. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What do you exactly mean?