1. Let's participate in the Texturing Contest #28 - Swamp Dwellers instead of sitting around getting covered in moss!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cast a vote for the best warrior in the Concept Art Contest #11 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don't be stagnant - embrace change! The time has come to evolve and join the Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice
  5. I have disabled the media section until further notice. The latest downtimes on the site has been due to severely inefficient coding on the addon developer's part. Want it back? Register here and like my post.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join us in our custom games night on Saturday, June 2nd. We'll see you on Battle.net and Discord!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The Cinematic Contest #7 results are up!
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III - Patch 1.29.2

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, May 1, 2018.

1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Patch 1.29.2 is LIVE on Battle.net

The Battle.net ladder has been completely reset, and a flurry of more bugs have been squashed. 13+ player bugs, World Editor mini-map bug, and a few changes to some ladder maps and natives have all been implemented.

The Blizzard post also includes a list of known issues.

Stay tuned for more updates and make way for 1.29 projects utilizing things like the new natives, increased limits, and 24 players to come forth!

Path 1.29.2 (PTR)

You guys know the drill :]

The 1.29.2 PTR includes an even longer list of bug fixes than the previous 1.29.1 patch, including fixing the World Editor mini-map, fixing arranged team for ladder, some changes to a couple natives, a couple 13+ player fixes, and various changes to things like ladder maps and other technical aspects.

There also includes a statement on improving the process and expanding communication.

Full patch notes, statements, and download links to the PTR are located here on Blizzard's forums.
    1.29 Megathread - 1.29.1 Thread

~Will edit this thread when the patch leaves PTR and goes live on the main Battle.net servers

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Man, it's starting to get hard to keep up with them (in terms of making a Hive post whenever they update Warcraft 3).

Remember when Warcraft 3 was patched once a decade? Pepperidge Farm Remembers. ; )

3. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks like Windows XP support is being phased out for good this time.

I see no mention regarding the current status of Windows Vista support for Warcraft 3.

Now, I would suggest Blizzard to please at the very least:

- make sure that the campaigns / stock maps do not crash.
    - program a clean error message box that looks professional, for XP / 98SE / ME / W2000 users.
    - provide a standalone downloadable installer, so that one can enjoy the latest and greatest version of the game which is compatible with his / her OS *and* works as intended (this might require a few more hotfixes?).

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  4. Maxwell

Maxwell

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Minimap, finally.

5. MyPad

MyPad

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Insert the *chocolate guy from SpongeBob*

Ahahahahahahaha.... Finally!

6. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is still 0 info about one of the most, if not the top, important priorities: HACKS.

7. MyPad

MyPad

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    What kind of hacks? Does it have something to do with manipulation of streamed data in maps or maphacking in general?

8. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Hope you're joking with the 98SE ME AND 2000 users...

9. Maxwell

Maxwell

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now.. Can we have multiboard moved to the right side? Would be.. nice.

10. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maphack, loadhack etc.

11. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It is my way to point out that much OS compatibility and support has already been dropped. Before Patch 1.27a, Warcraft 3 could run on any of these OSes. When Blizzard switched from VS 2005 to VS 2013, it is obvious that compatibility with W9x/ME was also dropped in the process.

Fortunately, Warcraft 3 does not require to be online to enjoy the game. There are official downloadable standalone installers to patch the game, even for (semi-decent) compatibility with W10. But now, if XP support has to be dropped, I fear it will not be possible for XP customers to update their game to v1.29.0 anymore, since it requires to be online on Blizzard's servers. Even worse, this version is known to have game breaking bugs which prevent the player from enjoying the entire Rexxar campaign.

I therefore very much hope that Blizzard will enforce its QA even more before officially dropping XP support, and also make it possible for their customers to enjoy this game on every OS to the fullest allowed, and any way their customers see fit.

12. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I mentioned it a couple of times in the threads of former patches^^ Full changelog mentioned they'd drop support for XP. It's an obvious blackmail to force you to get Windows 10, to the point posts denouncing this have been deleted in the official thread. :croll:

Now I imagine maintaining an artifact as complex as a game for several operating systems is a pain. But I am against dropping it when the game is unstable, moreover on a version that's broken as @pyf just mentioned. When it was said support for XP was being dropped, I could swear they meant this major patch.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  13. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sup Rui, anyways to the point...

I never said anything about XP, I said I hope you're joking about 98SE, ME AND 2000 users because those operating systems weren't supported already, now about your point that they're forcing us to Windows 10, that's a lie. 7 is still usable (even Vista), they brought back Mac support and game runs on wine too (linux), XP is honestly an operating system that its own Creator does not support, Blizzard already had warned people at 1.29.0 that they wouldn't support it anymore, maybe one of the fixes was easier to do (took less time) utilizing the library of a newer operating system that didn't exist in XP, who knows?

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  14. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When updating Warcraft 3 directly through Battle.net, users of any unsupported OS should see a clean and informative error message box. It should offer them the possibility to update the game to the latest supported version for their OS. The imho most convenient way to do so is by providing them a link to download a standalone patch installer.

Because Blizzard does not provide any such patches anymore since v1.27b, I am wondering what the availability of any future intermediate version of the game will be.

I very much encourage Blizzard to concentrate on fixing all the major issues of Warcraft 3 throughout the 1.29.x line of patches (especially for the *gamers*), before deciding to move on if that is their wish.

I don't think so. Even though Windows 10 *is* the future, for better or for worse.

Yes... and *no*.

The lack of built-in TLS 1.2 support should not really be an issue afaik, for tech-savvy users.
    One of the viable reasons to drop OS support could be related to the deprecation of the SHA-1 hashing algorithm for the Microsoft root certificate program? Who knows?

... but if this is indeed the case, then *only* online play through Battle.net should be deprecated imho. This is what Blizzard did with StarCraft last year:
    - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20754505576#post-6
    - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20754466871#post-5

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  15. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dropping old OS support and adding support to more modern ones have done wonders with game load times.

16. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  17. TheSilverWolff

TheSilverWolff

Resources:
    Resources:
    That was fast, time to wait for bots to update I guess.

18. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can you please post your benchmark results for Warcraft 3 please?

19. BobOfficialPando

BobOfficialPando

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've completely lost track of what works and what doesn't just hoping .29 will settle soon. Is there a dedicated topic for the state of new natives?

20. Zephyrius2412

Zephyrius2412

Resources:
    Resources:
    Multiple custom values for 1.29.3 ? :p
    Also a correction of the Dependency Equivalents - Hero in the custom game constants ? :D
    Oh and, I'm gourmand but, something to create a new race, like a race editor ? Or just somthing to add a new choice when choosing the race in a game ? Just a suggestion :p

Thank you Blizzard for all your works to update the awesome Warcraft III !

Last edited: May 5, 2018