1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Participate in Blizzard's Public Test Realm to give them feedback on the upcoming patches. Info is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. You love Warcraft 3? You love drawing? Than You mustn't miss Icon Contest #16! Display Your skills, have fun and win awards!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Traverse to a whole new location by voting for the best music pieces on the Music Contest #7 Poll
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Sneak, pickpocket and assassinate! Create a stealth map in Mini-Mapping Contest #14!
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III - Patch 1.28.1

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Apr 27, 2017.

1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

[​IMG]
    Warcraft 3 Patch 1.28.1 is live
    Link to Battle.net post
    Launcher / Patching / Installing Issues (1.28 / 1.28.1)

The expected minor followup to 1.28 is here. The only thing missing from the patch notes on the left, is about the order IDs bug. It has indeed been confirmed fixed, meaning maps broken or partially broken by 1.28 should also be fixed. We expect for the mention of the the order IDs fix to be included in the patch notes after Blizzard updates their thread.

We'll add more information here and in Patch Discussion if / when new info surfaces. Stay tuned!

Previous patch: Warcraft III - Patch 1.28

Update 2:
    @MindWorX reverse engineered the functions that control the artificial latency in network games, both for LAN and Battle.net games. Previously, the functions returned 100 for LAN and 250 for Battle.net. But as of this patch, both functions now return 100, which means Battle.net latency has been reduced.

(Single player) NetProviderLOOP = 100
    (LAN) NetProviderLTCP = 100
    (Battle.net) NetProviderBNET = 100

Update 3:
    So since we got reports that the battle.net delay feels the same, we've concluded that while the code has changed, it's probably not fully implemented yet. That could explain why it isn't mentioned in the patch notes. The good news is that the code being changed probably leads to it happening for next patch, may it be 1.28b, 1.29, or something else.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  2. Kam

Kam

Patch Moderator

Please post any issues you encounter.

3. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Hm.

Glad they got that ID stuff fixed.

Looking forward to less anemic patch notes. : )

4. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Next up, 1024x1024 .blp files? Anyone? :D

5. Frotty

Frotty

order ids not fixed?!

6. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough. I edited it to stress even more so that it has been fixed, but it's not included in the patch notes as of yet :)

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

They really need to improve their patching process. Currently every patch redownloads pretty much the entire game which is about 500-1000 MB of data. Before the patches used to be at most 70 MB.

Why not move to CASC and be done with this nonsense?

Tested and it appears >512 dimension BLPs are still not supported.

8. klemen

klemen

I don't understand it either. It is as if the new patching system can't even do differential updates, unless something was so messed up in 1.28 that they had to replace the whole game.

They are even replacing war3.mpq and war3x.mpq which used to never change. All mpq changes used to be done via patch mpq. From 1.27 to 1.28 to 1.28.1 we are essentially downloading the whole game every time.

9. Strikest

Strikest

Finally... I'm really glad they fixed the order IDs, but I can't believe they let them stay broken for a month. Killed a lot of games during that time I imagine.

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

I am guessing they lost the ability to support the patch MPQs. WoW, SC2 and D3 before migrating to CASC used a different kind of MPQ patch system in the form of patch blocks which were applied to the main MPQs and archived in folders to allow for replay support. The solution now is to patch directly to the main MPQ files by copying them from a master copy.

Not sure why they do not move WC3 to CASC rather. CASC would only need to download the files that change so patches would be 20 MB odd at most.

11. Strikest

Strikest

Anyone else having trouble applying patch? I'm stuck at 76%:

[​IMG]

12. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

It has to download a few hundred megabytes of data. Depending on connection speed this could take a long time. It took me 4-5 minutes at 10 MB/sec (80,000 kbps download speed).

13. Strikest

Strikest

Well it was fast, took me like 5 minutes to reach 76%. Now it's been stuck there for an hour. Besides, I think I already downloaded the patch via B.Net. This should be the patching menu where they apply the patch, no?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  14. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Nope. You just download a launcher from BattleNet that starts the Blizzard update agent which then downloads the entire game MPQ archives again. The process involved 5 minutes of 10 MB/sec download for me which is at least 1,000 MB of data.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  15. VakarlanS

VakarlanS

The patch is completed for me, but it seems to have the classic warcraft 3 side black bars, even after editing the resolution in REGEDIT, it still did not change. Would like to have some help in this field.

16. DarK.DooM

DarK.DooM

Okay I'm having major issues with the patch again just like I did when 1.28 came out a couple weeks ago. Can anyone help for a sec I think I might know a solution?

17. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

I'm not sure if that's how it really works, i think it says it's downloading everything but it skips files you already have.

At least that's how Hearthstone works, you see a 1.4gb update just for some text and then it's finished in 2 seconds.

18. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Given the usual speed of my connection, I probably did not download a full gigabyte of data.

If it's true that it diffs what you have to what's available, it'd be nice if it gave accurate download predictions instead of worst case. A quick diff shouldn't take long at all and it's nice information to have before committing to a download.

19. A Void

A Void

Btw, it's "known issues" not know issues.

20. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Code Moderator

Awesome! Patch downloaded easily for me. I haven't checked for any WEX issues.