• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.28.3 & 1.28.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Yes it has always been like this. Last year, before the recent patches, someone reported their map having strange path finding behaviour and other bugs. Turns out too many unit enters region events was the cause then as well.

I do not see any reason to have more than 1 unit enters playable map area event anyway. You can get that trigger to execute other triggers or simply call other functions.

I am guessing it is because the way the event works has some huge internal complexity which is shared by other systems such as path finding. The trigger systems stopping working is likely the result of the op limit as you may find that either binding the event or creating a region of that size uses a lot of the op limit.
I can't even imagine what would cause this issue. The naive approach of iterating all units and then all regions for those units would result in a worst case complexity of O(N^2) which isn't great if you have lots of units and lots of regions, but it wouldn't matter how big any regions are. I wonder if they tried to reduce the complexity below O(N^2) but in the process added some other problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The naive approach of iterating all units and then all regions for those units would result in a worst case complexity of O(N^2) which isn't great if you have lots of units and lots of regions, but it wouldn't matter how big any regions are. I wonder if they tried to reduce the complexity below O(N^2) but in the process added some other problem.
Quad trees are probably being used as that is really the only way to do efficient positional searches. Regions natives reference "cells", which is probably how the game internally manages area. I would not be surprised if the problems are caused by some performance optimization which starts to break badly when the system is heavily stressed (eg lots of enters region events).

Level 1
does anyone know how you get Ghost One to work with this patch i get the following error.

[ BNCSUI] unable to open [E:\Warcraft III\war3.exe]
[ BNET: Asia] logon failed - bncsutil key hash failed (check your Warcraft 3 path and cd keys), disconnecting
[ BNET: Asia] disconnected from battle.net

HB.

HB.

Level 3
Battle Net ladder is destroyed by hackers.

The creator of the hack is charging 50$ for a copy and these maniacs are willing to pay:
[Release] [1.28e] NeoN Maphack v3.3.6

The delay reduction is pointless as long as every 2nd game is against a maphacker.

So, to sum things up:
- there is a big number of players who still can't get 1.28 running;
- /whisper, /users, hostbot commands don't work;
- some legit accounts got randomly banned;
- replays aren't saved anymore;
- maphackers are still there, the hack creators are making money;
- the AMM system remains outdated and horrible.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
- there is a big number of players who still can't get 1.28 running;
Almost all are with non US/UK locales.

- /whisper, /users, hostbot commands don't work;
Good?

- some legit accounts got randomly banned;
Did these legit account use a host robot? Or maybe some cheat program long ago? Also possible they had their keys stolen and abused by advertisement robots, after all they sit around the install folder.

- maphackers are still there, the hack creators are making money;
They should still be banned as usual, in huge waves towards the end of ladders.

Level 3
Every time I launch the game through Frozen Throne.exe and hit battle.net, it goes through a quick patch process, tabs me out and gives me a CD-ROM drive error. I close it, it patches the game, launches and I get into battle.net. It repeats this process every time I do a fresh launch of the game and try to log online.

If I launch the game through Warcraft 3 Launcher.exe instead, it simply gives me the "update successful" window, launches the game proper, and when I log onto battle.net, it doesn't start the patch download and lets me in just fine.

So on one hand it's a problem, but on the other hand it's not a problem. It works, but it obviously doesn't.

Peculiar.

HB.

HB.

Level 3
Almost all are with non US/UK locales.

And the point of that is?

Did these legit account use a host robot? Or maybe some cheat program long ago? Also possible they had their keys stolen and abused by advertisement robots, after all they sit around the install folder.

90% BN users use hostbots, shouldn't all of us be banned then? It doesn't even look like a regular ban, because I remember hackers getting banned in the past and their accounts would have stats removed, yet the icon would stay. In this case, an account of my clan shaman, who happens to be as legit as possible (unless using hostbots is considered cheating lol, which would be ridiculous considering the lack of alternatives) has both the stats and the icon, yet Battle Net still calls this account "closed".

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
And the point of that is?
The way localization was done in WC3 is not very developer friendly. The maintainers have openly admitted there are likely issues with some locales as a result. If you have update problems it is recommended to mention both the locale of WC3 you are using as wall as the locale your OS is set to.

90% BN users use hostbots, shouldn't all of us be banned then?
People join games hosted by them, I recon well under 1% actually use their CD keys to run a host robot. Technically running a host robot could get the used keys banned as it does violate the ToU, however Blizzard does not seem to punish people for doing it last I was aware (generally no harm is being done).

CD Keys brought from third party sites can also be banned at will. Such sites often obtain their keys from dubious sources which might have stolen them. If Blizzard, or any game company for that matter, finds out a range of keys was stolen they will blanket ban the entire range. It is then up to you as the consumer to get a refund or legitimate substitute from the third party distributer.

Account closure does not mean that the CDKey was banned as accounts are not tied to CDKeys yet. This will change if they migrate to Blizzard account support.

also broke jngp, can't even reinstall it again.
JNGP is past end of life. Please switch to sharpcraft which is mostly a 1:1 substitute for JNGP with the added bonus of being a lot more maintainable and actively developed.

Level 2
I understand that there are issues which pop-up because of the major changes, natural process of game development.

My question is what's the expected date of release for a slightly stable patch (fixes to all the issues which are reported etc.) ?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work !

Level 5
I understand that there are issues which pop-up because of the major changes, natural process of game development.

My question is what's the expected date of release for a slightly stable patch (fixes to all the issues which are reported etc.) ?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work !
probably about four-six months

What bugs and glitches are you having?
none of them, cus i still on 26a :)
i m just readed this post

Last edited:
Level 11
EDIT: Solved by updating WEX to the newest version.

Just updated today and all of a sudden some of my triggers are full of errors... so confused???

Fortunately I can still save, however WE won't let me enable any of the triggers with errors making it impossible to test.

Appreciate any help and advice in resolving this.

Last edited:
Level 11
You will need to post the errors and preferably the map if people are to help. It could be possible that syntax involving preload or type casting has changed slightly and now throws errors.
Thanks for the feedback. You may be right, most of the errors all have the same words in the JASS code. Should I post the map here or on a seperate thread on another forum?

Level 4
1.28.5 is live. I can't comment on it because I am getting an updating error (which I didn't for the other patches). Here's the official Blizzard forum thread for it: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20757486286?page=1

EDIT: I was trying to update again while I wrote this and this time it worked, so... there's that. I think it was because I had WE opened the first time I tried.

Level 2
As with earlier bnet patches, 1.28.5 disables some special effects created through the "create special effect at point"-trigger. Seems like they fixed it with a stealth patch the last time. Feel free to do so again, blizzard! :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
As with earlier bnet patches, 1.28.5 disables some special effects created through the "create special effect at point"-trigger. Seems like they fixed it with a stealth patch the last time. Feel free to do so again, blizzard!
Restart your computer. This is commonly attributed to the graphic driver getting into a bugged state.

Level 2
Restart your computer. This is commonly attributed to the graphic driver getting into a bugged state.

Thanks, it worked! I'll just add what you also wrote in the thread for 1.28.5 (in case somebody using this thread for guidance doesn't know):
On windows 8 and 10 one has to actually restart the pc for it to work. Shutting it down and turning it on will only restore the bugged driver state.
Cheers

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Shutting it down and turning it on will only restore the bugged driver state.
Technically if you actually order it to shutdown it will also work. However unless you use hotkeys to modify the shutdown button, what Windows 8 and 10 calls "shutdown" will default to a "hybrid shutdown" rather than an actual shutdown. Hybrid shutdown writes out all driver state to hibernation files so that it can be restored from the files very quickly on the next startup. An actual shutdown discards all current state, so that on next startup all drivers are reloaded from their appropriate files.

Status
Not open for further replies.