1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.29.1

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Fixed the link in the main post.

Patch is out now!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. Jocker

Jocker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is this it?
    Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2018
  3. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    ^Yes.

Just as a heads up to anyone reading this thread, patch 1.29.1 has been released to the wild. We'll update the news soon. Not all the issues have been fixed--they will release another PTR shortly with a new round of fixes and iterate accordingly:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762157875?page=1

4. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have an idea for general quality of life feature....Something like Black Box era Need for Speed games had....EA Trax or simply Jukebox with game's soundtrack and option to turn it on and choose where to play it. For example for Main menu to choose other track, like in TFT to have Reign of chaos theme and on bnet ability to turn on RoC's music and such, and maybe even ingame music too. Something like this would be probably very welcome feature to many people especially those who want to customize their game. Someone could for example use Wc3 Orc theme 2 remake and use it instead of tft theme added, add Arthas's theme to main menu, or use Night elf Defeat theme from RoC on TFT battle net menues.......Just a thought....

5. Wrath-Boy

Wrath-Boy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi,

1.29.1 is out. Dark Deeds Final map is fixed too :)

6. darwin

darwin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've discovered a bug/feature of the new patch that is going to be a big problem for me. I'm running version: 1.29.19160.

I'm using a custom UI that worked fine before, but now looks like this:

wc3 custom UI.jpg

Note that the bricks are not part of the custom UI of course. The custom UI is there in its entirety; it's just no longer stretched to the side of the screen. It looks like Blizz added an extra section to the UI.

Is this fixable? I don't even know where these brick UI textures are in the game so even if I could make a new greenish texture that matches, I wouldn't know where to upload it.

Anyone got any ideas here?

EDIT:

There's a similar problem with my Battle for Tatooine map which places the multi-board toward the center of the screen rather than on the right side:

BfT multiboard.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  7. 4rankie

4rankie

Resources:
    Resources:
    there is now two more Blp files to edit for the sides of the UI can get them out of the MPQ and edit them

8. HB.

HB.

Resources:
    Resources:
    They've managed to kill 1.29 replays already, so whatever replay-base was built within the last weeks, it joins the pre-1.29 replays in a trashcan.

Horrible.

So far I've been trying to stay neutral towards them despite their shockingly poor work, but now I can clearly see every next patch they release destroys the game more and more.

Also, their choice of priorities strikes me as a provocation.

9. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    In time game will get better, how long will take no one knows, but its better than no update. 15 years old game. Old devs are long gone like Rob Pardo and Cris Metzen.

10. MooNek

MooNek

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^This!!
    I don't get it how people don't talk about this more. Also same goes for in game messages, but on left side of the screen. Multiboards look awful right now, and this has to change asap.

11. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cris didnt work on programming he was artist so war SamWise. Plus even they wouldnt really be super familiar with it from the get go if they didnt work on it for over a decade. Just be patient, new team learned the engine and coding for it already and they fix stuff fast now, not slowly like 2 years ago. Just report the issues and be patient

12. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why people seems to ignore the slow battle.net download map speed? I can download World of WarCraft with 11MB/s while 5MB map in Warcraft III battle.net i have to wait like 40-50 seconds with 40-60kb/s. This makes no sense. I hope they get rid of that slow dowload at battle.net. Also even the map size is changed to 128MB or 160MB(I truly do not know) the slow load while you wait for game to load is god awful, but no body pay attention to this. We still have to use optimizer's to increase load speed.

13. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^ This... I can't download the patch at all.

14. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    well I believe you require some redistributables to make it work. I use windows 7 and windows 10 downloading patch without problems. But I have these files. Maybe it could work for you as well?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    im sorry but how does "15yo game" can have any "patience"? Each day of unfixed trouble leads to another drop off from online, the more you wait, the less it worhy. I can't see any points in those.

16. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Were you waiting for update you didnt know would ever come with features noone ever expected for 15 years straight? Putting in such scope is idiotic, We wait here and now and only for 2 months from first time we got 1.29 in ptr. First issues were fault of people not testing fully the PTR, other issues are constantly being fixed and worked on and in far faster response than before.....with 1.27 we had to wait a year for any kind of reply or info to fix other stuff, plus it was also getting through with some changes like migrating all stuff to Documents, and fixes for Wc3 running on win10. Now we get vast improvements we wanted for editor and they are ironed out. It is worth no matter if we wait extra week or 2 for it to be fully fixed, so just stop with that stupid attitiude.

Depends on various things.... in best case scenarion you will get 1-3mb/s, cross realm with bots always caps at 100kb/s and think it's bot's that do bottleneck it with it there. Lower DL than that... hmm i really dont know why you get it as slow......
    About map sizes....reasonable map makers will rather stick to keeping the weight as low as possible as i do. I really didnt see any maps that exceed 60mb(titan lands KoT and LoP are 20-30-ish rn, before KoT was 51mb for some time) Using out the limit with maps now is rather hard and only could happen with excessive import of music or audio. So dont worry. However you're right DL should be faster seeing it at solid 3-4mb/s as limit would be good enough. Cross realm could be also natively supported like cross realm whispers and friends and so on.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hasn't that been the case for literally every single Patch ever? Replays don't travel across Patches. Yes, it's annoying to lose them, but nothing has changed from the way things have always been. So why the anger now?

18. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    maybe because the roll back patch tool no longer works with 1.28+ So then you're unable to roll back patch and to watch replays.

19. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    There was a roll-back tool?

20. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.