1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.28

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    "Fixed various bugs and exploits" doesnt tell me anything. They have to state exactly which bugs and exploits got fixed.

2. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Won't help.Most will avoid it,and those who post would have no knowledge on the topic.In my eyes,@DracoL1ch isn't a pessimist,he's a realist.I've lost faith in Blizzard and hope for a good patch.When the first patch was announced,I was excited,now I'm just like "meh,more things that won't affect me".They may still release a good patch,heck I wish that they would as I won't only a bright future for this game but it just doesn't seem realistically likely at this point.

3. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can't you just speak to them directly? I thought Hive had been contacting and communicating with Classic game team for quite some time.

4. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Again, maybe not, but I think thats the correct. Blizzard is trying to see some hope to Warcraft 3, don't forget it a frinchise 'lost' a long time ago, it's never a sure step to just dive in to it fix everything and invest everything in a game that can, maybe, just a waste of money, we can't forget that, but even if this patch doesn't add anything usefull, the change to the patching system means they have biggers plans. It wouldn't make any sense to improve the way to update the game to not update it.

5. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @A Void
    got an official response about the bugs & such

6. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    He basically said "give up, we won't tell you".

7. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    God I don't want to start a futile argument, with you people but I must just say this. Nothing said in that Blizzard statement is unreasonable....

8. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not saying that they don't have good reasons to not do it, just pointing out what Pete said.

9. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Good job posting the question; lol @ the answer.

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Wonder if it will enable >512 dimension texture support... They laid the foundations last patch but the game could not use the larger low level mipmaps.

11. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can actually use > 512 textures in Warcraft 3 since the beginning. The image format has to be .tga for it to work however.

12. SMBComix

SMBComix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still better than 7.2 for WoW. I'm in. :D

13. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Guys if you're reading this thread, ask yourself: do I have something better to do?

14. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm just having fun in the train.

PS: the thread in bnet forums is interesting.

15. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Hotwer: he kind of did it already. Please see here and here.

16. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    A voice inside tells me: at least they are doing something... but it sure isn't much (yet) :/

17. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Except tga lacks mipmaps so cannot be used for model textures. When the game tries to display mipmap levels other than full size it will show as black. It works for UI elements and terrain since they do not use mipmaps but not for models which do.

BLP files larger than 512*512 are supported but it uses the lowest mipmap level that is at most 512 in any dimension, discarding any lower mipmap levels.

18. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You have no idea what you're talking about, I use .tga for models. It works. Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

19. fenix140

fenix140

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now the Classic group is giving improvements for a new platform, for the warcraft 3. Apart from that we know that in the future can appear a remastered Warcraft 3, this brings many improvements in the community itself. As for the modding aspect we do not have to be very demanding, everything will come in its time, so a little patience. Meanwhile, we have to be aware of the information provided by PurgeandFire, Kam, Ralle and Eat_Bacon_Daily, since they have the facility to inform Classic of any mistakes that have been committed with the next patch, so all beneficial bugs like Location of the icnons X, Y (-11) can be included again in future versions. In my case it seems to me well that Classic first is dedicated to fixing and improving compatibility things, this means a benefit to the community of War3 as it is more encompassing the game towards new generations of computers and operating systems.
    Greetings...