1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Music Contest #8 - Hive Soundtrack is up! Create the soundtrack for the upcoming videos of Hive Workshop's YouTube Channel.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the entries of the latest Mini-Mapping Contest: Stealth! Cast your vote for here!
    Dismiss Notice

Launcher / Patching / Installing Issues (1.28 / 1.28.1)

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, May 1, 2017.

1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you have any issues with the launcher, patching, or installing, please post here. Blizzard will read them.

Before reporting any issues, check off the following first:
    1)Have the Blizzard App installed and fully up to date.
    2)Be logged into the Blizzard App
    3)Launch the Warcraft III Launcher.exe and ensure it gets to "Update Complete"
    4)Launch the game using Warcraft III.exe and Frozen Throne.exe

Note that the launcher will also repair bad installations.

There are also these threads from Blizzard about troubleshooting the issues, but it may not cover everything. The threads are for 1.28, but likely have some of the same solutions for 1.28.1.
    - [WC3] Frozen Download Troubleshooting
    - [WC3] 1.28 Mac Troubleshooting

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  2. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Solution for my issue:

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  3. EdwardElric

EdwardElric

Resources:
    Resources:
    my problem:
    "Warcraft III Launcher.exe" update progression run till 64% then jumped to 100% and said it was finish & started Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne automatically. in game i still had old version 1.27... even by clicking on "Battle.net" in game, i had to restart the game by confirming the in game popup. after that the "Warcraft III Launcher.exe" started automatically & update progression run till 64% then jumped to 100%, etc. (see above, endless loop).

my solution (i'm on Windows 8.1 64 bit & i have german Warcraft III):
    - completely uninstall & remove left files in folder of Warcraft III
    - log into battle.net account on the web & download game clients for ROC (= Reign Of Chaos) & TFT (= The Frozen Throne)
    - download ROC installer by running game client "Downloader_Warcraft3_Reign_of_Chaos_deDE.exe"
    - download TFT installer by running game client "Downloader_Warcraft3_The_Frozen_Throne_deDE.exe"
    - turn off all firewalls, especially KIS (= Kaspersky Internet Security)
    in fact i like kaspersky, but over the last years they added much too much options, so you can never be sure whether it is kaspersky blocking anything and from my experience, most time it really is kaspersky doing something annoying...
    - run ".../War3-1.27-Installer-deDE-ROC/Installer.exe" as administrator & exit setup when finished
    - run ".../War3-1.27-Installer-deDE-TFT/Installer.exe" as administrator & exit setup when finished
    - open "Warcraft III" folder & add "Run as Administrator" under "Compatibility" tab to every EXE file but "BlizzardPrepatch.exe" which shows no "Compatibility" tab
    - run "Frozen Throne.exe" or "War3.exe"
    - click on "Battle.net" to download update
    - when "Warcraft III" gets closed automatically after confirming the popup, do not run the update, just close the update window!
    - add "Run as Administrator" under "Compatibility" tab to ".../Warcraft III/Warcraft III Launcher.exe"
    - run ".../Warcraft III/Warcraft III Launcher.exe"
    - the update progression bar should continously run until 100% (after 64%, you still should see some percentage progress!)
    - Warcraft III now is on version 1.28.1.7365
    - turn on desired firewalls again

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  4. severed

severed

Resources:
    Resources:
    Custom Hotkeys no longer work since patch 1.28 they are stuck on default. I can go back to previous patch 1.27 and they work again. Really hope they stop breaking this game, the new launcher is annoying, still no true widescreen. I guess I'm forced to stick with w3arena now :( thanks blizzard I also tried posting on the official blizzard forums but for some reason they won't let me, I tried creating 2 accounts both verified still cant post there...

Custom Hotkeys No Longer Working patch 1.28??

5. Strikest

Strikest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It updated to 82% and then I got the "Whoops! Look like something went wrong. Please try again". I've tried like 10 times launching that Warcraft Launcher like they said, and it didn't work. I tried running as administrator.

Somehow the patching process got more and more painful and annoying with every patch. I understand they made it easier for them to deliver patches, but what's the point of these past 3 patches and all the inconvenience they caused us? They added a sum total of zero new content or features to this game. All they did was fix some very minor arbitrary bugs/fix major bugs that they themselves introduced with these new patches.

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They are making WC3 follow modern program standards. No more running as administrator.

It needs to download ~1 GB of data to patch. If you are using wireless, try an Ethernet connection.

7. Strikest

Strikest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Still getting the same error. I am on ethernet, and I sincerely doubt it's my internet that's the problem:

[​IMG]

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If you are in the USA try downloading from Europe. Some tier 1 networks in the USA suffer quality of service issues when routing packets around resulting in a unreliable connection.

9. Strikest

Strikest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, but I got it to work. It seems that I had to exit the Battle.Net app, I think it was interfering with the patch somehow.

10. Nordmar

Nordmar

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I have the same error but I am not using the blizz ap :((((((( why do I get problems everytime when there is a new patch

11. Strikest

Strikest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think everybody is getting problems with each patch. That's kind of been the general trend.

12. SubSub

SubSub

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, since 1.27b a row of effects don't appear when you use the trigger "create special effect at point" (but appear if you use "create special effect on unit").
    And since 1.28.2 some effects don't show even with "create special effect on unit".

Thanks for updating warcraft 3!

13. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Would be helpful to provide a listing of the triggers being used to create the effects as well as a video capture of the problem in game.

14. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've got a problem with patch 1.82.2 being stuck at 83%... and not moving for hours. I had the "Something went wrong ..." error before that.
    I'll try downloading the patch from the asian servers while running as admin after a complete reinstall. Keep you posted if that works.

By the way, which "Warcraft III Launcher.exe" is the patch notes referring to? The one in Appdata, or in the Warcraft 3 folder?

Edit:
    Does anyone know how much data needs to be downloaded for this patch, exactly?
    If it's 1GB, then 2 hours would be reasonable at my 120KB/s download speed.

... and 1 hour in, "Whoops! Something broke ..." Got it to 84%, though!

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  15. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    ~1 GB. It redownloads all the game data MPQ files. Took me roughly 2 minutes at 10 MB/sec download, hence why I say ~1 GB. Might be more or less depending on your localization.

16. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright. I got it to work after reinstalling, running it as admin, and disabling my firewall and antivirus.
    And yes, even after that, it still took another hour.

17. Su7VdeR

Su7VdeR

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I had a similar issue of the download being stuck at 84% and then getting the "Looks like something broke" error message. Launching RoC instead of TFT and updating through going to battle.net there fixed the problem for me.

18. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Possibly you downloaded from a different region as the result?

19. Su7VdeR

Su7VdeR

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That sounds really plausible, I think I connect to europe on RoC and America East on TFT.

20. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yup i did the same.

I downloaded both ROC and TFT from Blizzard. But since updating through TFT was giving me headaches, i decide to only install ROC and update from there, and it worked like a charm (it took 5 minutes).