• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Self-fix for JNGP on Patch 1.28

Level 5
I am also having trouble with this, so I installed the NewGen editor and have the shortcut on my screen. However, when I click it it asks me to "Select directory warcraft 3 is installed to" the problem is it cannot find warcraft 3 at all. No matter which folder I pick (ive tried all of them) it says warcraft 3 could not be located. can someone point me in the right direction?

Level 12
I still get the "Could not locate warcraft" when trying to start JNGP. Is there a new version that doesn't look for worldedit.exe anymore?

JNGP doesn't work with 1.28 version or other versions above in terms of editing/making a map. If you have a copy of 1.26, JNGP will work with that. Maps made with JNGP using the 1.26 version of WC3 work in the latest version of 1.29. (So far that I've seen with my own maps.)

It's left to the viewer to decide whether this video is a joke or not, but supposedly you could like this video 100 times and then download Patch 1.52 and it would include JNGP, then you could run your creations in 1.29.

I heard a rumour that their "missile natives" embed themselves in the map so that it plays on 1.29 as well as 1.52, haha