• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Hotkeys No Longer Working patch 1.28??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Nevermind I figured it out... not sure why the CustomKeyBindings folder was missing, kind of annoying I had to figure out which folder was missing and create it to fix this. Why couldn't they just leave it in the original location :eek:

OP: I've been trying to find help with my question, but for whatever reason it is impossible for me to post on the official blizzard/wc3 forums even though I have a registered account... UGH

I am very angry because I am not able to get my Customkeys.txt to work ever since the latest patch 1.28 does anybody else have this problem? All hotkeys are set to default even though I have enabled them. They work on any previous patch, just not 1.28 no matter what I do

I have tried copying my customkeys.txt over to my "new" warcraft folder that was created in my Documents since patch 1.28 zzz there were several new folders so I placed customkeys in all of them (scripts, strings, etc) and tested it but no luck

Last edited:
Level 6
You have to activate this running WC3 in options menu. I don't have WC3 ATM, but you could try.
Ive been playing wc3 since it launched in 2002, Ive been using custom hotkeys for many years. I know they have to be enabled in the options. I have been playing on w3arena recently using patch 1.26 and occasionally switching to 1.27 to go on bnet.

Today I discovered that bnet patched to 1.28 so I played a game and immediately noticed my hotkeys had reverted from my custom setup that I have been using in every game and now suddenly they are back to the default setup.

After the game ended, I went to the main menu and under options I went to enable custom hotkeys but it was already on, so I tested it in custom games, I turned it off, tested it, turned it on, tested it again, restarted the game, tested it again, its always stuck on default no matter what I do.

I'm going to go test again and see if they work with 1.26 like they used to... yup I was able to load up warcraft on 1.26 or 1.27 and my hotkeys worked... now I'll try 1.28 again and sure enough default hotkeys

This patch is busted why do I have to click the stupid launcher tool everytime, I'll just stick with w3arena for true widescreen stupid blizzard. The hotkeys are the main reason many people cant play this game it should have had QWER as a standard option not requiring some silly editing code because then more people would have enjoyed playing the game! now they broken custom hotkeys :mad:

My Custom Hotkeys Setup for QWER

Last edited:
Level 6
does anybody know why I cant post on the official blizzard forums? I can view the forums where the listed the patch notes, I can log into my account, access my account settings, and I verified my account. It says I need a BattleTagID which I created but it still says the same thing. I even went and created a new account and its the same thing, I tried chrome and iexplorer... why does blizzard suck these days :(

Level 6
Oh i just found this on the other thread...

(Windows/Mac) Missing Maps/Campaign/CustomKeys

Missing Maps/Demo Campaign/Custom-Keys

Blizzard pruned a few files away in the recent patch. CustomKeysInfo.txt and
CustomKeysSample.txt may be missing on both Windows and Mac. A few maps
as well as the DemoCampaign.w3n may be missing on Mac installations.

Solution:
You can download the files here:
Custom-Keys (Pastebin) | Custom-Keys (Google Drive)
Maps (Pastebin) | Maps (Google Drive)
Demo Campaign (Pastebin) | Demo Campaign (Google Drive)

CustomKeysInfo.txt, CustomKeysSample.txt and "Maps" can be placed in your
Warcraft III directory. Place DemoCampaign.w3n within a folder named
"Campaigns" in the Warcraft III directory.​
What does this mean though?? I already have my customhotkeys.txt I dont need to download the default ones I want mine to work like they do one previous patches

I have now tried copying my customhotkeys.txt over to my "new" warcraft folder that was created in my Documents since patch 1.28 zzz there were several new folders so I placed customhotkeys in all of them (scripts, strings, etc) and tested it but no luck

Last edited:
Level 6
Nevermind I figured it out... not sure why the CustomKeyBindings folder was missing, kind of annoying I had to figure out which folder was missing and create it to fix this. Why couldn't they just leave it in the original location :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.