1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The SharpCraft World Editor Extended (WEX) has been updated for the latest Warcraft 3 version: Forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders has begun! Artists group up and struggle! May the best team lead the run.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. 'The Icon Contest #15 has started and Melee units await for their new abilities!
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III - Patch 1.28

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Apr 4, 2017.

1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

[​IMG]
    Warcraft 3 Patch 1.28 comes out on April 4th
    Link to Patch 1.28 battle.net post
    Current status: Patch is live
    Help with specific, detailed feedback here: [Feedback] Compiled List of 1.28 Bugs & Issues

The publicized patch notes by Blizzard is to the left.

As stated in previous posts on Hive and Blizzard forums, patch 1.28 would not be about any drastic gameplay or modding changes. One of the most significant things patch 1.28 does bring, however, is a new modern day patching system which paves way for those major changes to come at quicker and more efficient rates. It's basically the equivalent to fixing the old broken road (Windows '98 road -> 2017) before getting to the destination. What is desired by many is priority and will come.

Important: If you are one of the few modders that has modified any of the official game files, make sure to back up your files so they are saved as they will be erased without warning when applying the patch. The information about this is here: Warcraft 3 1.28 Pre-patch PSA

We'll make sure to keep the thread updated when more info arrives, especially at the time of release. Happy classic gaming!

Recent statements from Blizzard:
    - On patching system and bug fix patch notes
    - On alt tab issues
    - On matchmaking issue and resolve
    - On loading screen issue and resolve
    - On broken order IDs breaking some custom maps
    - [WC3] Frozen Download Troubleshooting
    - [WC3] 1.28 Mac Troubleshooting

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Hey folks. Last patch thread, we know most of you were abiding by the site rules. However, this needs to be said regardless:

Follow the Site Rules.
    They apply to everyone, no matter your status, your opinion or stance on something, everyone. You can be passionate, but do not let that lead to harassing other users in a toxic and nonconstructive manner.

We will not be deleting posts for having an unpopular opinion. But we will delete posts if you are clearly breaking the site rules, more so severe and behavioral rules. Repeated offenses will result in infraction warnings, and ultimately a ban. We are for free speech, but we aren't anarchists.

This is about Warcraft 3. The favorite game of nearly everyone on this forum. Stay on topic, respect the rules and each other, and you will be fine.​

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  3. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Another day, another patch that no one cares about since it adds nothing interesting.

How surprising.

4. Kam

Kam

Patch Moderator

Good to see the foundation for new battle net services being placed. =)

5. MyPad

MyPad

Reporting an error in the thread:

It should be April.

Error Fixed!

Anyway, this is good news :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  6. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Can't even get the date on their own post right

7. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Code Moderator

Yeah because being able to hide icons again isn't interesting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Hah. Thanks for helping me realize why I initially put March as well.

9. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Whats native full screen? Is it anything similar to true widescreen or is it more like windowed?

10. Drayen

Drayen

I figure it's the current resolution we've had, so basically we get windowed and windowed fullscreen as new features in-game rather than manipulating the game to do it.

11. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Not sure about Native Fullscreen,have never been able to find a definition of it or what it actually does,but I assume it's a sort of 'true fullscreen' only in your native resolution.Ill try and find something online

12. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

"Fixed various bugs and exploits"

Right... Since they don't mention them then most likely yay more fun for us modders to be disappointed at and saddened by. Besides that, it is looking good. Maybe Blizzard will be different and hopefully better this time around... The ability to hide command card while retaining control over multiple units/heroes again is a nice feature to have back.

13. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

[​IMG]
    totally worthed another 6 monts of development
    totally not a shame for a group of developers
    totally make sense to put "fixed various bugs and exploits" line just to make mapmakers wonder what else did they broke this release

what now, 18 months to add a new native?

14. Chaosy

Chaosy

Feelsbadman

It worked before, there was no patch needed for this.
    Considering how long it took..

15. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Code Moderator

Yeah it worked, but it also had the potential to crash the game. Ergo get rid of the thing that crashes game.

It would be pointless to have a hotfix patch just to whitelist some values. Given how shitty the WC3's patch system works, it would be stupid and pointless.

16. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

FeelsDisappointingMan. That Lannisters send their feels.
    Yeah, to add on to KILLCIDE's point, here's brad's post that briefly mentions and explains it (one of the Blizzard employees)

17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Whew! I missed all the hubbub in the Pre-Patch Notes thread (thank goodness), but when I went looking for it lo and behold, I find this!

Better go backing up my custom Troll-filled MPQ, it seems. xD

Since I have drunk the Kool-Aid, I'm totally on board for these "do-nothing" (emphasis on the 'quotes') which pave the way for faster & more responsive patching.

Don't forget, guys; the same "classics team" that is working so diligently on this is also the same team working on pumping out Starcraft Remastered (and possibly some other stuff; IIRC), so I fully expect things to slow down until the release of SCR. Take a breather & keep on modding.

18. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

wrong, 0,-11 had issue, whie big numbers have 100% success rate, no exceptions at all. but nobody ever asked those who used this feature, as usual

19. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

He wrote March? xD

20. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Code Moderator

@DracoL1ch Cool. Now we have 2 coordinates that we know for sure work. Thumbs up from me.