1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The SharpCraft World Editor Extended (WEX) has been updated for the latest Warcraft 3 version: Forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders has begun! Artists group up and struggle! May the best team lead the run.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The long awaited results for Mini-Mapping Contest #13 is here! Congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Vote for the best Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter entry!
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III - Patch 1.28.2

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, May 10, 2017.

1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

[​IMG]
    Warcraft 3 Patch 1.28.2 is live
    Link to Battle.net post
    Launcher / Patching / Installing Issues (1.28 / 1.28.1 / 1.28.2)
    State of the Union (Warcraft III) (General info, remaster rumors)

All publicized patch notes by Blizzard are to the left. It's a quick followup patch to 1.28.1 that mostly fixes some bugs, including the World Editor test map function.
    Mappers, the SharpCraft & WEX World Editor extension is now compatible for 1.28.2.

UPDATE: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20754965441

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Damn, wasn't a lie when they said this new patching system will allow them to implement patches faster!
    Good news! Wonder if test map works now

BTW what is the "known sound bug"

3. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

You heard it from Hive's PSA first :]
    I think it should. Report back if there's still issues.
    Basically when tabbing out of Warcraft 3 into desktop, the sound still plays.

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Worth noting that this patch is another 1GB odd download.

Test map does mostly work. Testing user made maps with saved or unsaved changes works perfectly, which is what 99.9...% of people do. Testing a newly made blank map does not.

Newly made blank maps do not count as having unsaved changes but are themselves unsaved so trying to test them does not cause WorldEdit to temporarily save the map or even start Warcraft III. In such a situation the button literally does nothing. I mention this because MindWorX apparently uses blank map testing to test his third party editor plugins and such.

5. severed

severed

I still cannot get my customkeys.txt to work on 1.28 but i can go back to 1.27 or 1.26 and they work :( Iv used customkeys for years, i put them in my wc3 folder and also in my documents but no luck on 1.28 any help?

Nevermind I figured it out... not sure why the CustomKeyBindings folder was missing, kind of annoying I had to figure out which folder was missing and create it to fix this. Why couldn't they just leave it in the original location :eek:

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  6. Kam

Kam

Patch Moderator

Welcome to the new patch process!

7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Neat-o.

8. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

This patching speed caught me by surprise!

Keep it going.

9. anufis

anufis

Is logging to battle.net with cyrillic windows username not fixed yet?
    I get "Error when trying to determine game version" when I press "Battle.net" in main menu.

Update: Also apparently PreloadGenEnd doesn't work with cyrillic windows username.
    Update2: PreloadGenEnd works, you just need to specify file with .pld extension.
    Update3: Preloader() still only preloads files in Warcraft 3 directory, ignoring specified path [Feedback] Compiled List of 1.28 Bugs & Issues

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  10. Chaosy

Chaosy

Yay they fixed what they broke.
    [​IMG]

11. HB.

HB.

Hello,

I am the headadmin of the Reign of Chaos website rocarena.com.

I'd like to thank Brad, Kam and others for all the work you do to improve the Warcraft experience and the valuable insight you share here. I've been following hiveworkshop for a few months now.

I do have a question - is there a chance for some balance changes for RoC as well?

It needs some more than TFT does. I do understand that TFT was released partly also to fix the main issues of RoC (the lvl 6 creeping, the madly overpowered archers and dryads, the fortified armor of the towers), but please remember that we, RoC players, still exist.

Our competitive scene can't be compared with the professional TFT one, since our community is smaller and so are the tournament prize-pools, but it is attractive enough to regularly bring the interest of numerous TFT players (including one of the best NElf players in the world - Sonik or HLA), tech world sponsors (e.g. Steelseries, Living-Bots.net) and popular casters (e.g. Crotagaming).

I've been organizing and funding RoC tournaments for almost 7 years now and no matter how hard I tried to fight the imbalance with map selections, tournament formats and player-pools, the overpowered Elf race turned out to be impossible to nerf in a significant way. Trying to boost the extremely weak and difficult Undead race was equally hopeless (the RoC Undead is way worse than its TFT version).

I do understand that RoC is not a priority for the Classic Team, but even 2 or 3 changes regarding unit statistics (e.g. equalizing the RoC Archer and Ghoul with their TFT versions) would mean a world to us. I strongly believe that it would bring many players back and TFT would benefit from it as well since many RoC players regularly participate in the TFT competition (tournaments, ladder, custom games) and support TFT initatives.

If there is a chance for it, I will gladly consult my suggestions with the best RoC players and provide a short list of necessary balance changes.

12. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

I had no idea...

13. Himperion

Himperion

Hope they're going on their goals on a good pace.

In all fairness apart of see if is posible to DE-hardcode passive buff in skills like Volcano,Cluster of rockets, or Frost Nova i don't need much of the newer functions and 1Gb of download is too much for my banana country internet speeds.

14. Kam

Kam

Patch Moderator

Please gather any feedback you and your team think are relevant. I will make sure Blizzard sees it.

15. TheBronze

TheBronze

As the guy above said, they are fixing what they broke. Why is anyone giving them credit?

That is like me smashing into your car, then paying to fix. Sure you're happy I fixed it, but I only wronged a right, I didn't improve your situation, and I created a lot of headaches along the way.

And apparently, testing maps still doesn't work properly. They literally aren't play testing these patches well.

16. brad_c6

brad_c6

Blizzard Developer

It should still work in the game installation folder, but we are working to move all the user defined data into your home folder in order to prevent people from needing to run as an administrator.

17. Blackcat

Blackcat

My patching process is stuck at 64%.... Any ideas?

18. Laachax

Laachax

Do you have fairly slow internet? The patches right now are basically the full game download, ~1.3Gigs I think?

19. M1ndK1ller

M1ndK1ller

Stuck at 64%, log file is saying this:

[I 2017-05-10 18:37:12.0316] Changing Request for handle 01AA4438 to http://eu.patch.battle.net:1119/hero/blobs?nocache=199534199 [I 2017-05-10 18:37:12.0320] Proxies resolved for eu.patch.battle.net:1119: [I 2017-05-10 18:37:25.0003] Proxies resolved for us.patch.battle.net:1119: [W 2017-05-10 18:38:00.0450] CurlError 7 from "http://eu.patch.battle.net:1119/s2/blobs?nocache=1094891847" with message "Failed to connect to eu.patch.battle.net port 1119: Timed out

20. HB.

HB.

@Kam
    omw, thanks.