1. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Pete_Stilwell_Headshot.png

Pete Stilwell, Senior Producer for Classic Games at Blizzard Entertainment

Noone can give the mass feedback, that we as a community can compile. Please post your thoughts and general feedback about Warcraft III Reforged on the links provided below. Comment about the things you have liked so far, things you didn't like, your concerns etc. Blizzard is listening. Please be constructive but also as clear and concise as possible.

Keep the feedback in the Patch Discussion forum and use the tag "Reforged". We also encourage users to create specific topics if they feel they are distinct and important enough.

Feedback Threads in Patch Discussion:
    General Community Feedback (This Thread)
    Visuals/Art/Textures/UI Feedback
    More on the way, please contribute in patch discussion!

General Threads:
    Announcement News Post
    What We Know So Far

Blizzard:
    WC3 Reforged Forums

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2018
  2. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Someone said cross-platform will be a thing. So players of both versions can play with each other.
    If so, better support low-res / high-res versions of custom models, so maps made for the reforged version does not become unplayable for classic-version players.

Maybe even 'dynamic' model quality down-scaling on classic-version. So we don't get the 'poly-fiesta' that sometimes happen when too many vertices is present in 'classic' wc3.

Also shaders (custom ones too) in the reforged version. To give map makers even more power over the feeling of their maps. And to make old models look acceptable in the new version.

3. item

item

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really hope that linux gets officially supported - got doubts though, especially since opengl has been dropped... probably I should hope it (still) works at all with linux m(

Also, I hope that playing offline will still be possible.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  4. HateCrew

HateCrew

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I for one really like how they redesigned Stratholme to fit in with wow lore and look, can't wait to see how Silvermoon will look with wow styled elven buildings(tho i'd still like to keep hay roofed elven buildings for outskirts of silvermoon). Really looking foward to see if Captain Falric and Marwin will be present in the ROC human campaign :D

Really liking the new artstyle and proportions, but there are some unit model parts that could be changed a bit to resemble more their old counterparts (Spellbreaker mask, palading beard and hair come to mind)... Yes most of Hiveworkshop custom models will become obsolete in the Reforged version, but people can adapt (i hope)... And anyway a lot of really good looking custom models are "simple" geoset merges, which can in time be remade with new Reforged assets...

While i like the voiceacting of wow characters, i think some wc3 versions of voiceactors sound "better" and an option to chose between wc3 and wow voices would be cool.

The UI... The new UI is cool, modern and all, and i like it a bit... But idk, i really miss old styled UI that for humans looked like castle walls, and i miss the border for the unit portraits... Also with that change some of EPIC custom UI's on the Hive would not look the same. So, really mixed feelings on this one

5. maxxxus

maxxxus

Resources:
    Resources:
    i hope blizzard designs a better world editor and wow style characters and maps, with new maps and campaign series. i don't like the characters and map design of reforged, and i think blizzard should create a new wc3 expansion, or WARCRAFT 4 instead "remaking" the old one.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  6. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'm concerned that I can't squander my savings on a collector's edition to drool over.

7. PrincePhoenix

PrincePhoenix

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thank you Blizzard, you r awesome!

It`s wish list for WC3 Reforged
    Customizable:

• UI (Spell/Inventory/Unit bars. Also adding to each UI variotians for choose);
    • ENB Presets (If it`s possible);
    • SLK files and tables (with objects data, for simple customize adding new objects, classes and etc.);
    Support:
    • 3D-models (popular formats: fbx, obj, etc. May be by addition tool)
    • Video files (for custom campaigns)
    New content:
    • New campaign story (It`s really need for us, new story, new examples of great work)
    • New custom maps by Blizzard (Grand Prix, Hunters, Candy Wars and etc.)
    • New models (from other Blizzard games, for example and addition versions of units, it very useful for creating new maps and campaigns)
    • New icons / arts
    • New music and sounds effect

8. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I would ask to tonne down the animations, in the Culling cutscene there is so much pointless gesticulation and the lip sync could do more work. It really looked liked some anime series, I didn't get as emotionally impacted as I did when I first played through. Funnily enough the units in the old cutscene had more character than the new one.
    I would advise to keep dialogue much the same while redesigns of the maps is most welcomed.

9. TheGoldenGoblin

TheGoldenGoblin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love what they are doing. I have waited for this since forever so it feels amazing. I like the artstyle and I know it will look alot better when finished.

Units:
    • Footmen shoulders need to scale down, as someone previously said in another post they look like a hero and not like a normal footmen unit.
    • I love the Mal'ganis model, it looks so amazing and so does every other model! I do agree with Grubby tho that some units have to be more recognizable to the original game.
    Cinematic:
    • WHY does the Infernal in the cinematic look so happy? He looks like a happy snowman with his face! It's like he came to Azeroth and was happy that he found life not that he was going to kill everyone and take over the planet.
    UI:
    • The placements on the abilities in the UI feels really off, they should put the abilities on the bottom instead of the top.
    World editor wants:
    • Native mouse support to make first person camera games
    • Full native keyboard support so that you can use more than arrow Up/Down/Left/Right
    • More than 16 tiles and cliffs, preferably unlimited
    • Not having to start off by making the map completely in water in order to make it look good and being able to use water anywhere you want.
    Also if you change the models like the footmen to a more casual footmen look PLEASE KEEP the current model available in the World Editor for future maps, all models that you make can be used by someone in the future for their specific map.

Thanks for doing this Blizzard and thank you for giving the community the tools to be able to make models/reskins/textures easier in the new editor!

10. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I love the new models and look for units and heroes. But for buildings they look kinda weird, now buildings look too small! :p
    Because now buildings have a lot more details packed into such a tiny entity it now looks smaller then ever before.
    I'd love to see larger buildings so those details on them can actually be looked at.
    I mean a Tauren warrior is about the same size as Human's Keep lol. Or at least do something with them to give us the illusion that they are bigger...

11. Imperator

Imperator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My main concerns are optimization, readability, art style consistency and keeping the editor as simple to use as it is now.

I've noticed that in the gameplay trailer that the Paladin hero didn't have hero glow, but in the Culling mission that Grubby played, both Arthas and Mal'ganis do, so I'm not sure which way they'll go, but I hope they keep it. It's good to be able to clearly see team color on units and buildings, as well as recognize them easily ingame, and I think some human units could use work in those departments. In culling, units with dark grey armor (footmen and knight) are too
    I especially like how they did Gryphon Aviary but, from that screenshot, it looks like it need more team color.

I also hope they keep system requirements reasonable so people who play it now can run it.

Since they've decided to change up the campaign maps a bit, I'd suggest avoiding gimmicks and making sure that they are fun RTS maps, first and foremost. If they'd go as far as remake the maps, I'd suggest making most micro maps marco, or at least making micro mission more engaging, and not a-move fests we have now.

12. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here are some things I hope they implement onto the game.

- Making the world editor the same as it is but add more doodads and all the new things towards it.
    - Make the races more balanced for melee maps and bnet.
    - Make new melee maps instead of having the same old ones on the game, the old ones are nice but there over played.
    - Keep the same game mechanics but adding 4k hd on all models and skins and such.. I don't want it to be a whole different game, then it wont feel like Warcraft anymore..
    - Capability to import models and icons easyly into new editor instead of importing model and then you have to change the file type and type in or edit the text area.. not sure why you would have to do that anyways.

Just some thoughts.

13. P-Exodus

P-Exodus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In an article on a german site, they said something about maps should mostly still work in the new version, except "complex" ones like DotA. So ... what "complex" things do not work anymore?

Since I want to try an idea I have for a new map, should I wait until Reforged is available or can I start right now?

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And no long hair :p

15. tlstkwjr

tlstkwjr

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is my personal wishlist.

1. Custom game makers should be able to choose old modeling or new modeling.

2. Unit pathfinding ai must be improved. mass unit moving lag is Warcraft3's Valkyrie missile bug.

3. Who are out of the game must be able to rejoin the game.
    (NetEZ server is known to support this.)

4. When many units on screen, unit graphics breaking bug must be resolved.

5. Make it possible for multiplayer to change the map during gameplay like the Rexar campaign. It would be awesome.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  16. Giantr

Giantr

Resources:
    Resources:
    The most important thing I can imagine it would be to fix the unit lag when enough stuff are on the map. It makes some maps pretty much unplayable after a certain point (Eras Zombie Invasion, some types of Risk, etc)

17. AlwaysAndForever

AlwaysAndForever

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here's the things what I like they can change. This post is going to update so check this out.
    I'm trying to make wc3 real, not modern.

In the editor
    1-Edit the quest section, Because the messages are in the middle.
    [​IMG]
    2-Add section above Gold Bounty Awarded called "Experience Bounty Awarded", Because it easier more than trigger that we used for every one of them.
    [​IMG]
    3-Add section like building "Upgrades To" to unit and hero, But we now can make unit as building then make it unit again.
    [​IMG]
    4-Add section under Unit Sound Set called "Unit Sound Birth" and "Unit Sound Death".
    [​IMG]
    5-Add section under Export all files... called "delete all files" on the Import Manager, So we can remove all files at once it's better than delete one by one.
    [​IMG]
    6-Add Data of "Strength-Agility-Intelligence" to Upgrades.
    [​IMG]
    7-Add protection of the map on the menus.
    [​IMG]
    8-Add section under Use Imported File called "Use Upload Screen" so we can upload some screen of our pc then that tools make it to 4 part with hd thing.
    [​IMG]

9-Add one "Dummy things" to every section like dummy unit, dummy hero, dummy building, dummy item, dummy doodad, dummy ability, dummy buff, dummy upgrade, So everything is default as none or 0.

10-Make jass read easier like jass newgen tool.

11- Add "Limitation" Example, When I build something that building built other thing, so limitation isn't working, the limit only works if the worker builds it.

Units
    - Add Death Arthas without horse.
    - Add Electro Tower.
    Doodads
    - Add something for halloween like "Scarecrow" and "Pumpkin".
    - Add something for christmas like "Santa clause".
    - Add something for new year or celebrate like "Fire Ball".
    - Add Raven.
    - Add Eagle.
    - Add roseflower.
    - Add the clown.
    - Add Horse Chariot.
    - Add Railway track.
    - Add Statue of every hero.
    - Add Statue of jesus.
    - Add Ghost of human.
    - Not sure I saw walls and towers in the gameplay video of Campaign if its has to doodads, But if not add it.
    Abilities
    - Add radar.
    Weather Effect
    - Add Rainbow.

In the game
    1-Edit minimap section it's too small, and use the arrows to minimize or hide it.
    [​IMG]
    2-Add under Always show Health Bar called "Always show Mana Bar".
    [​IMG]
    3-Also Add to every Options called "Restore Defaults".
    [​IMG]
    4-Edit Allies section that you can type amount of gold or lumber to transfer, it's better than clicking .

5-Add whispers to chat section.

Tools for wc3
    1-Add warkey tools for warcraft, as we like to use standard and original things.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  18. Abovegame

Abovegame

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would like to have new natives as far as creating and moving trackables goes. Perhaps some natives as well for creating custom inventories among other stuff.

19. titans_zealot

titans_zealot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My view/opinion over the general development
    -I am worried that WoW will influence this game too much
    -The art style isn't the worst, but it feels too much like Hots/Starcraft. I think many people prefer the cartoony look over the realistic?
    -I hope this is will be a one time buy, without a shop or anything of the kind

What would be cool (in the future)
    -If this game could expand on the Warcraft story but separate from the WoW story line. I would pay for another expansion (like frozen throne)

Melee area

-Keep the Pitlord a level 5, don't let that big butt level 6
    -I hope the way the unit feels, such as weight and collision would be similar to Warcraft 3's, and if not, better! (The AI movement especially)

Thank you for working on my favorite game of all time !

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sadly, they are modifying the story to connect it to WoW so this kind of wish becomes invalid, at least from an official perspective. From a modding perspective, however....
    ?