• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Warcraft III Patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
A new year has begun and with that a promise was made to get the next Warcraft III patch out to our fans. During this process, I also hope I can shed some light on how the patching process works. On this thread, I will leave updates and announcements which will hopefully give you more insight into the status of this Warcraft III patch.

Warcraft III Patch Status

Gathering Community Feedback: Done
Gathering E-Sports Players Feedback: Done
Internal QA Testing: Done
Development Feedback: Done
Patch Development: In Progress
Final Internal QA: N/A

January 7th, 2008 - Met with the producer and was assured that the Warcraft III patch completion is to be brought up this week during their priority tasking meeting. The outcome of the meeting will be brought to my attention and then added on this thread. All estimated release times will also be added on this thread.

source
hmmm.......:con:

Level 8
January 15th, 2008 - The producer has gotten back to me and the patch for Warcraft III will be moved up on the priority list. They also have intentions of including a no CD patch prior to the gameplay patch. The no CD patch could be finished as early as January 28th. I should also be getting an estimated time of completion for the gameplay patch shortly. In addition, at the convenience of the development team, I also hope to interview one of the producers on the process of patch creation.

-Karune

Level 16
Don't know why people are always so excited about patches :p. It's not like we will be getting a new expansion to wc3 or anything. They will just fix some crap that isnt even noticeable.

Rao Dao Zao said:
"Fixed an exploit that could occur in mulitplayer games."

Though the no-CD patch is music to my ears.

Aye.

Level 22
Maybe it doesn't matter for some of you, well unless they create something better for the editor but if it they screw up the races - bye war3. Btw my maphacker thread and the things I hear about how many of them are unpunished shows how they don't do anything about that game, almost abandoned it, no one to make anything good for it. Well better fix a crap like - an error to occur.. than scew up the races.

"Fixed an exploit that could occur in mulitplayer games."

Though the no-CD patch is music to my ears. Soon I won't need ANY discs in my drive! :O

I created an img of my tft cd and use daemon tools to mount it when mounted all the time, I don't need to start war3 or worldedit with a cd. But if a patch makes original cd keys = no need of image cd or anything, that would be even better ofc.

Give me 1.17 again, new hero(s).

There was a rumor 2 years ago about a last hero to be added after the FL and alchemist that would be chosen as the best among the best. I wanna see smth like that, there are quite good models here but it better be completely different than another goblin. Maybe a dwarf, a golem, a low tech robot?

One question: im gonna install war3 and if the patch will be soon, I will want to download the new one instead of 1.21 . Are you sure that the release date is gonna be 28th Jan?

Last edited:
Level 14
would be nice to add a few new units to balance some things out and new models to edit. but anything new to wc3 is big news. there will always be imbalances in the game, its up to the skill of the player to overcome the problem.
what if pro players lose to far worse players because they executed gryphon/tank or some other strategy no one found good counter for?

Level 12
They need to make a Warcraft 4. Or atleast another expansion telling what happend between w3 and WoW maybe another war?

I want them to support following features (or at least some of them):

- MID, OGG, MOD, IT, XM, S3M extensions for music. OGG should be a must.
- No-Limits-like function without using any third party softwares.
- One new unit (not hero) per race just for some gameplay extra.
- All the alpha and beta models available through hidden paths.
- New useful trigger functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.