• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.29.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Guys, how do I download and patch the game without getting this stupid Public Test Setup? It's ruining the singleplayer. I have already tried to install it and I did, but it required me to crack the .exe so that I can enter the game. But do I have to crack it with a simple game crack or with a 1.29 patch crack? I don't want to play on Battlenet, just wanna patch the singleplayer so that I can play some existing and future custom campaigns that are to be made with this latest patch, as well as the game itself. Thanks in advice and sorry for being a bit newbie :rolleyes: :D That's why I'm asking for assistance :)
You should be able to update your game to the latest version through Battle.net.

After one adds his/her valid CD-Keys to his/her Battle.net account, then the installers for the game should appear here:
https://us.battle.net/account/download/?show=classic

Warcraft 3 requires valid and legally bought CD-Keys. Even the PTR version.

Level 20
Has the way the game generates Neutral Hostile/Passive units changed?

The Neutral Hostile/Passive Units and Buildings appear to be created as functions in war3map.j in your map (such as CreateNeutralHostile and CreateNeutralPassiveBuildings). However, it seems in older War3 versions those functions don't exist, so where are the Neutral units coming from?

I'm asking this because this seems to be the difference between whether a current map can be run in older versions of War3. Not that this should be done at all. I have a campaign map which saved in 1.29 that didn't work in 1.26, but once I simply resaved the map in the 1.26 editor it started functioning again (and worked just fine in 1.29), with the presence of those functions (or rather, the lack thereof of said functions in the 1.26 version) appearing to be the only major difference.

Level 6
Has the way the game generates Neutral Hostile/Passive units changed?

The Neutral Hostile/Passive Units and Buildings appear to be created as functions in war3map.j in your map (such as CreateNeutralHostile and CreateNeutralPassiveBuildings). However, it seems in older War3 versions those functions don't exist, so where are the Neutral units coming from?

I'm asking this because this seems to be the difference between whether a current map can be run in older versions of War3. Not that this should be done at all. I have a campaign map which saved in 1.29 that didn't work in 1.26, but once I simply resaved the map in the 1.26 editor it started functioning again (and worked just fine in 1.29), with the presence of those functions (or rather, the lack thereof of said functions in the 1.26 version) appearing to be the only major difference.

For sure there are incompatibilities in maps between 1.29 and below; I had to resave a few roc melee maps with WE in order to have the 24 players feature f.e.

Level 20
Yeah ok there must be some other unseen voodoo involved because I compared another pair of maps I found this happening and there are no notable differences between the maps at all. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it even if you never touch the new functions, perhaps because in some under the hood way some functions do call something now that didn't exist before.

ED: Never mind the garbage musings, I found out what happened. It assigned all the Neutral Players to NO Player ownership so they didn't even appear on the map.

So it's still an issue about how Player slots are handled, but it wasn't in the way I thought.

Last edited:
Level 2
Can I get the 1.29 on XP? Because it's I have a 1.26 and it doesn't update I don't know what to do it says that a connection to battele.net failed and stops updating so what's the problem?

Level 1
Guys, where I should put custom campaigns (.w3n) in this version 1.29.2? I bought Warcraft 3 on Blizzard official site...I do not even have Campaign folder....

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Can I get the 1.29 on XP? Because it's I have a 1.26 and it doesn't update I don't know what to do it says that a connection to battele.net failed and stops updating so what's the problem?
I think you need to get 7 or 8 at least. Though it's going to be focused on 10 soon, since Microsoft is dropping most OS supports.
Recently, Blizzard hired a Compatibility Analyst named Maydeodence.

@REDON PELLUMBI: have you read this post?

Last edited:
Level 7
Any chances for Patch 1.29.3, 1.29.4, 1.29.5, 1.29.6, 1.29.7 or 1.29.8?

I liked to try updating my maps (Editor Only ones) with the new patch, but i don't think it'll might work.

I haven't tried logging in my BN account since i got the game with CD key registration and game installation in March.

I'll try updating my WC3 by logging in to my online account on there until Patch 1.29.3, 1.29.4, 1.29.5, 1.29.6, 1.29.7 or 1.29.8 comes out and live?

THANKS FOR ADVANCE. :cgrin:

Level 7
By default, you should already patched up to 1.29.2
Further patch is TBA
I know, Daffa. I get bored without newer patches of WC3.

1.29, 1.29.1 and 1.29.2 definitely might have badder bugs and issues, specially the Founding of Durotar might have bugs with 1.29 versions.

But i'll try logging in to my BN account if i want to or not. We'll see.

Level 21
Reducing ability cooldowns dynamically is pretty high on my wish-list right now!
(it's already in, but needs a fix to work properly)

Level 4
did anyone run into a problem where you have to re-download one and the same map each time you join a match with it? :confused:

I host my map and when a player joins, downloads it and leaves after that he will have to download it again after joining. I can reproduce that problem with different players but only with my own map so far :(
I am writing here because I think that is related to the recent patches, i only changed a small trigger recently and saved it with the new editor :eek:

Now I also changed sth about the player numbers to fix some units going red (player 13) instead of black, but i had that problem already before changing that. It's a problem that occurs with the new patches, because units that were colored for player "Neutral - hostile" - black will now have the color of a new playernumber that sits in that place now. This can be ugly on some old maps.

Attachments

• Battle.net TD 1.26e.w3x
    5 MB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Level 4
I have figured the problem out: It currently appears when you change a map, but don't touch the file name. The game realizes that it is not one and the same map and will download a copy of the map. Even if no more changes are made to the map, players will download and save additional copies each time they join said map, possibly creating dozens of copies of the same file. It happens because the game only checks if the file with the same name is exactly the same and not if it already has an exact copy of it. Will you fix this little issue? :)

I doubleposted because I think it's an update post. Even though now I think its not directly related to the patch. In the past Warcraft handled that problem in a different way though, I just don't know when that was.

Level 9
How do you update custom campaigns to the new patch content? I modified the ROC and TFT campaigns, so I don't know if that was the problem or not. I thought all I had to do was save the campaigns again using the editor, but the changes don't apply. For example, Divine Shield is still 45 seconds instead of 35 at level 3

Level 2
So, i'd like to thanks to you BLIZZARD for ruining on of my favorite game aka Warcraft 3 by doing the patches beyond 1.27 and also i want to thank to you Map Developers for updating ESPECIALLY for patches 1.28 and beyond.
Now please enlighten me, who's gonna play your map now? don't lie to me you got lots of people on your Battle.net 'cause that's pure BS. Now i can't even enjoy my favorite map on War3 anymore, 'cause Blizzard and YOU made that happen, i won't update my Client game to 1.28 and beyond to play a map for 2 reasons.
1: the quality of the game became SHIT, PURELY SHIT, can't even log in on Battle.net anymore.
2: i have no idea why in the world did they UPDATE Warcraft 3 patch more than it should?
Their best patch was 1.27. thanks for everything so far Spas.
Here's my reaction to "your' Updates since 1.27.

Attachments

• Muie.jpg
    Muie.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 245
Status
Not open for further replies.