1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.29.1

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HB.

HB.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Converting replays between 1.26 - 1.28 using a converter app was a 1 second task (not referring to the patch switching tool, which required a lot of effort). Therefore there was an easily accessible replay database built from 2011 to 2018.

1.29 has turned replay files upside down, killing the aforementioned database.

Now 1.29.1 killed 1.29 replays. And it's not the end for sure.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  2. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ReplayKit is a third party tool. Blizzard is not involved in its development afaik.

3. HB.

HB.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Who cares about Blizzard?

This game is alive thanks to the community and its leaders who have dedicated their time and funds to organize tournaments, set up hostbots, edit the archaic maps, develop apps and handle the problem of hacks on their own.

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If there was a 3rd-party tool allowing us to use old replays, then it's really not Blizzard you should be upset at but rather those 3rd-party-tool-creators; they need to get on the ball & fix up those programs. Or new people need to remake them.

And anyway, my point still stands: Blizzard has never done anything but invalidate the replays of a previous Patch. I get the frustration, however, of that process happening so much faster now than it has in the past (because of the relative frequency of Patching).

Top kek.

5. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh u better stop right there bruh, I got banned for a while for speaking like that too actively. People here claims blizz gods and ready to wait for their words of wisdom forever. Who cares about lost souls like we, who believe that community defines the game, not vice versa.

6. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    After patching any video game, it is quite common that both their current replays and savegames now are incompatible.

Maybe you are using the wrong tool for that?

The current version of ReplayKit (v1.28) supports all TFT patches from 1.10 to 1.28f.
    Previous ReplayKit versions with support for WC3 versions down to and including v1.00, are also still available for download

Support for v1.29.x replays in ReplayKit is hopefully only a matter of time, since Blizzard is not involved in this project afaik.

ReplayKit is indeed a third party tool. Blizzard is not involved in its development afaik.

This.

7. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    dota2
    supports every fucking replay made from 2015 till today. How they did it? m i s t e r y
    meanwhile wc3 can't even support the very same balance-wise version or at least provide official tool for converting

just for the record: replay contains jsut a block of bytes with game version, which doesnt affect anything. It should allow to "ffs just run it now, IDC what version it was then" option to ignore that value. Completely. But hey, let's wait till another universe heat death for it

8. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dota2 is build in Unity? Warcraft III is 15 years old and its not easy to rewrite the old code used by old machines and programs. But I agree the change should happen. Maybe someone can suggest it on the classic forums?

9. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I mean, I agree with you in an ideal world. But:
    upload_2018-4-24_14-32-59.png
    vs.
    upload_2018-4-24_14-33-15.png

I think it's a disingenuous comparison, at best.

10. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You'd better consider that wc3 isnt all-in-one exe but rather a launcher with datasets which can as well be used as legacy holders, allowing to watch 1.21 on 1.25 or higher. Ok, forget about MASSIVE chances like pathfinding, for instance, but I can't see how changed UI/balance/natives can ever be impossible task to support by.

11. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I... don't get how that's a reply to me (if it indeed is).

12. fang24

fang24

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well good to see they fixed all that but it looks like they still left out the "make the game fit your screen" option.

13. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Same way a DVD still works. They store the frames of state into the replay, and not the player commands. Difference is likely a 10-100 times file size.
    Minor changes in game engine result in subtle state variances. The result is that old replays will go out of sync.
    That is still a work in progress.

14. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    they also have whole story of player's input, including camera movements, and it only affects replay size, nothing else. You aint said anything.
    I dont care, just let me do that, if there will be desync - alright, but most likely there won't be any between minors

15. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I keep seeing the fact that the Team Color glow of (IIRC) Brown keeps showing up as Red instead...

A small part of me hopes they'll never get around to fixing that. xD

16. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Brown is just a shade of red. I wouldn't be wholly surprised if it ended up just looking "red" to people due to the alpha transparency.

17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol. Have you seen the screenshots? It's... Pretty stark.

18. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    The good thing is ever since Patch 1.29 update. Blizzard released couple of patch fixes like 1-3?(I'm not sure about the actual number) And they release them faster than 1.29 patch which was delayed. I don't understand one thing. Why they don't want to release the stretched screen and instead they give us awful black bars. Is it because they are still working to bring better widescreen or there is another issue that prevents stretched screen.

19. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Still can't pan the camera on the minimap in the editor, hope they'll find a fix for that.

They allow us to make bigger maps but moving camera takes forever, how sadistic was that x)

Not so much of a big deal but oh well.

20. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Has anyone tested the maps with bigger size how they load without optimizer? I mean download speed in battle.net and loading screen load?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.