1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.1

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I mean that imported mp3 datas just don't play anymore since patch 1.30.
    This is my map with the imported mp3 datas that don't play anymore. They don't play in the editor and in the game:
    Labyrinth of Nightmare (v7)

2. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I cannot remove PTR using the standard uninstaller either.

3. opium911

opium911

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes I had the exact same problem.
    It all started with the Windows 10 Version 1803 - Build KB4457128 update.
    After that Windows build update, the PTR would not work and I would be getting an "Error 0".

So I decided to uninstall the PTR and guess what? It conflicted with the main Warcraft 3 application.
    Therefore, the main Warcraft 3 application would not work anymore and I was also not able to uninstall it from the control panel.
    I had to use the program CCleaner to remove it from my computer.

After that I felt my computer considerably slower so I re-installed Windows 10.

By the way, the PTR and the main Warcraft 3 application were installed in completely different folders from the beginning and this issue still occured.

4. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    In my case, I only had the PTR installed. Then, 1.30.1 was released so wanted to remove it and install the standard version. Didn't work, the uninstaller just got stuck.

I installed the standard version without removing the PTR and seemed to work fine.

5. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I looked at the imported mp3 sound datas again. In the sound editor the informations about the mp3 datas (double klick the data) are now unknown. And the time lengths of the datas are completely wrong. The editor seems not to consider them as mp3 datas anymore. And so they can not be played anymore. So what would a map maker have to do now? Must the paths in the import manager be changed to something new? Or must the mp3 sound datas be imported again? Before patch 1.30 all imported sound datas were working perfectly. I have read somewhere that the sound data types and the sound system were changed in 1.30. So i assume that this is causing all the issues with the wc3 standard sounds and the old imported mp3 sounds. Here is an example map with affected imported mp3 sounds (musics):
    Labyrinth of Nightmare (v7)

6. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is getting better and better...
    Neither Wc3 launches nor the editor, I wonder if they even mind testing their own patches before releasing.

7. Lahey

Lahey

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah I got the same issue. To get around this you have to disable your internet connection, start up War3 / WE, then you can enable it again.

8. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Are you installing the PTR and standard clients to the same directory?

9. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I use two separate folders, actually even have separate WINEPREFIXes.

I've tried reinstalling with PTR and latest patch several times to no success. The 1.28 patch was the latest that worked.

Is there anything else I can provide to you that may help identifying the issue?

10. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is this issue occurring on install or launch?

11. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yes, the issue persists on both new installs and launches. It's always the same result.

I tried adding a lot of variations (-nativefullscr, -opengl, -window) but no success, always resulting in the same non-working result.

Edit:
    To specify:

Launching NON-PTR using the Launcher-Command:

Logs/War3Log.txt --> Empty
    Errors/ --> Whole directory empty

There is a window launching, but no content inside (stays black, sometimes weird green lines).

Top diplays 100% CPU usage from a "Warcraft" process.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  12. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  13. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yep, I'm running it on Linux. I'm aware Blizzard doesn't officially support the OS but I've heard that openGL doesn't even work on windows for latest patches anymore.
    There are several people on both Windows and Linux not being able to play the game anymore with openGL which is the only option for some people.

That is probably my issue as well, I am not quite sure but it looks like it since the game starts but there is nothing else I can see.

14. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Guys i am trying to install warcraft 3 from version 1.21...I upgrade to 1.26 or 1.27 succesufully using wc3 version switcher.

My cd keys are original and they work well. But when i login to bnet i download very small patch and then it sends me to launcher which always get stuck.
    Also i tried download manually launcher and same things happens .

I did it several times,i literally unnistaled game,used search option to delete from local users-app data,even cleaned temp folder xD....

Anyone knows how to install a game with no problems to 1.30 latest patch???

P.S why warcraft 3 can not be found in ,,classic game,, on us blizzard page ?

New info : I succesfully installed using official installer app. When runing game gives me error
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  15. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why is OpenGL the only option for some? Do you mean the game does not run without OpenGL, a performance related issue, or something else?

I'm not sure what the program is doing in it's process but it's not software we support. It's possible the install is bad.

It is, located here: https://us.battle.net/account/download/ Make sure you're logged in.

16. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Regarding OpenGL, It is/was the only option for some mostly because there was no mouse delay. Others because they use Linux.

17. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -nativefullscr is a supported feature, provides 200+ FPS, and near perfect sync between hardware and software cursors: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/nativefullscr-gif.305493/

18. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, but nativefullscreen was bugged in previous version ;).

I'm using nativefullscreen myself now and it's going good. I still feel the mouse is not 100% good but I have to make more tests.

The bad thing is the background sound being played while minimized and the really slow transition between desktop and w3 when alt+tab.

19. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    For Linux it's the only way how to play Warcraft 3 afaik. Plus some people have experienced weird mouse issues when playing without OpenGL that even -nativefullscr does not seem to fix.

Is there a reason why support has been dropped? Can it be reverted to support OpenGL again? If that's not possible you destroyed the game for me and many more people.

20. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Hi, I thought this would get fixed in 1.30.1, but it didn't.
    All hero models in the map attached don't show and a good bunch of the music doesn't play (there should be one every round).
    This map used to work totally fine.

e: And another map with the same issue. Only the shaodws are showing
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018