1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That I support. I am also tired it tetris regions.

No it doesn't

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What the Founding of Durotar lacks is original music. I mean it's the same OrcX over and over again apart from the Warcraft II orc theme from time to time.

3. MatiS

MatiS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I was mostly talking about the models. High elf use beta mage tower for barracks and normal human buildings. Giving them unique buildings would really help the feel of the undead campaign and belf campaign. Also, their footman uses the same model as the human captain. A new model would be nice.

But that archmage screams placeholder. He has no backstory, no quotes, no lore, nothing. He could be replaced with pandaren brewmaster and nobody would notice. They should give Silvermoon a unique hero who can use a reskinned blood mage model with a few tweaks and archmage abilities.

4. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • Uh uh I almsot forgot: terraining: creating mroe then 2 cliff levels without creating more cliffs on the sides!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  5. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    Stability improvement for Jass APIs:
    1. fewer hackness and better error handling for Jass APIs would be awesome. Some unusual usages and interaction with specific abilities wouldn't bring a game crash hopefully.
    2. a string table recycler is really needed, since maps with huge string handling always suffer from being slowed down and unstability due to accumulation of strings even though they are never referenced.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  6. CyfoxTelar

CyfoxTelar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyone know if Ujimasa Hojo's models will work with the new models since the majority if not all of them use "vanilla assets?

7. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes!^ Dark themes should be made for every modern application

8. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Remove delay in Goblin Merchant.

I would like to see something like this:
    When u select peasant (not carrying any lumber) and you right-click on lumbermill (not damaged) peasant will automatically go to cut woods. Same with Townhall (go to goldmine).

9. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good point! This is definitely a campaign that needs to be fleshed out a bit.

10. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There's absolutely no reason to remove the delay in shops.
    What if for some reason people want to right-click on lumbermill to gather some peasants for something else? (Same for townhall)
    If one wanted to cut woods, he would just have to right-click a random tree.

11. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why? It's actually weird... No point in delay.

12. Captain Bacon

Captain Bacon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    What about multiple themed "sections" to color with RGB in the editor for every unit, like for example shield/armor or skin/armor/weapon separately, instead of coloring the whole unit at once which looks awkward? Combining 2 or 3 colors could allow for a lot more variety when creating custom units.

13. Arkth

Arkth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks Blizzard for the great work on this project! I will gladly pay for it.
    Thank you because Reforged is not Remastering, but a new creation. It's time for a fresh air and not just a "graphic update" of a previous game. For that there is the classic game

*Wish list*

Editor
    - Option to choose between Classic / Simple Editor and Advanced Editor
    - Range and reach separated in Attack 1 and Attack 2
    - Add attack 3
    - Missiles that do not always hit the target (In the classic game, arrows shot always damage the target, even when the arrow has fallen far from the target) At least one option to enable / disable this
    - Option to add "autcast" flag to any skill
    - Customizable UI to add more item slots and skill slots and option for select more than 12 units.

Camera
    - Option for closer / farther zoom, without restarting with each movement of the scroll wheel. Or at least good easy option in editor

Regions
    - "Draw your own region" Literally have the freedom to draw the shape of a region

Models
    - I love everything but the the Shoulderpads... More realism in the size of the armors, please guys. A bit of exaggeration or caricature is not bad, but the giant Wow-style shoulder pads are abominable. Please Blizzard, new art yes, but attached to the "reality" of Warcraft 3, and not to Wow and his exaggerated and ridiculous armors :)

Gameplay
    - Effects and sounds of "Revives" personalized by race. (It is strange to see Undeads reviving with sound and effect of Angelic Light)
    - Snow in buildings in snowy areas

Campaign
    - Units / buildings graphically personalized with unique models / icons and according to the corresponding faction
    (It is boring to always see the same soldier model with another color, knowing that they are from completely different cultures) like:
    +Humans: Dalaran, High Elves, Blood Elves, Kul Tiras, Lordaeron, Dwarves, etc.
    +Orcs: The different orc clans
    +Undeads: Scorge, Forsaken, demons
    +Night Elves: Sentinels, Watchers, Druids, etc.
    Simple enough to see that it's the same type of unit, notorious enough to know it's from another culture / faction
    - The Wow story in Reforged Campaigns. I will gladly pay more for each episode if it is full of content: factions and / or sub-factions
    (commanders maybe?) more story, models, etc. By the way, There you can fix all the mess in history and give a face and a name to the heroes of Azeroth; perhaps an "official" retcon without the meddling of unknown "adventurers", but knowing who was on time and place, as in the previous Warcraft stories. Or at least one "alternative timeline", please!

Business (Because Blizzard is a company that must pay employees and make money)
    - A "Community Market" where Content Creators can sell / share their creations, something like Dota 2 does. Blizzard is left with a small commission, cheap prices and small commissions, to continue encouraging the market. Anyway, there will always be someone who will share for free (thank you!) and there will be talented people who can make this their living or an extra
    - The expansion campaigns from Wow! Not for Free but not very expensive

Remember: that if the community is very divided on a hot topic, then add both options so that both parties can create their content freely! so everyone will be happy!
    Love for you guys; love for you Blizzard!

14. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:

That's cool idea

I vote for this too, but I don't think they will make it.

Yes, this adds variation.

I support all these, but I am sceptical if they will implement them.

15. Imperator

Imperator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you sure about that?

16. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It is remastering + reimagining. Did I solve the argument? :D

17. Dr. Benevolent Guy

Dr. Benevolent Guy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really love the DOTA 2 idea but not for Blizzard.
    Slowly blizzard is becoming the next EA and Ubisoft who only cares for profit and not the fanbase. Mark Kern was definitely right. He even said "I hate to say it, but what you are seeing is Blizzard not understanding gamers anymore."
    So I say this is impossible unless Activision Blizzard realizes their mistakes. One of them happened at Blizzcon 2018 with the Diablo Immortal announcement. For me Blizzard died after Blizzard was renamed Activision Blizzard.

For Every expansion lets say they will release "The Burning Crusade" expansion as a form of DLC. I would definitely pay for it even up to Battle for Azeroth expansion.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  18. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

It seems a few people around here support Blizzard adding micro-transactions for extra content like model packs, campaign packs, etc and now I'm seeing paid mini-games.

For: It would be nice to have extra content to work with. Also, paying map makers money for their work could give higher incentive for higher quality maps.
    Against: Many people, including myself, do not want to see advertisements in a game they already paid for, nor have features locked away by a dollar sign.

All things considered, I'm generally against micro-transactions. If Blizzard implement a "store" which is a small button containing benign purchases like cosmetic skins for players or custom model packs for map makers (provided model fees wouldn't affect everyday players) then I would be okay with it. Do not put any "featured" "On Sale". bulls**t on my home screen or main menu please.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  19. Nicekun

Nicekun

Resources:
    Resources:
    World Editor :
    Would be great if models that are not in .mdx format are accepted too. This will encourage more foreign modelers to help custom map developers.
    Alternatively, direct modelling software to make .mdx content or whatever the new extension in the reforged would be, will be great.
    As a new GUI map developer, I face difficulties in repetitively having to rely on mouse/ spamming Down Arrow key to choose an option. If there are more subsections, then i can quick search with starting letter and complete Actions quicker.
    Importing content from multiple maps into a single map has been hard, as some object data overwrite on the previous. It will be great if this is addressed, by letting us choose if we want to overwrite or append to existing data. This should also reflect on the triggers imported from the same file, by changing what the object pointer on the previous map meant , to mean what it currently should after getting imported in the new main map. This saves a lot of time, and unnecessary recreation of the same content from our test maps to main maps could be avoided.

20. RG00

RG00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It would great if all the types of triggering unit like "attacking unit", "killing unit", "target unit of ability being cast", "last replaced unit" and all others could become local variables like "triggering unit". This would probably remove the need of mui triggers and it would make creating/reading some triggers easier.