Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - What we know... so far.

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    whatweknow.png
    • Warcraft 3 Reforged will be released sometime in 2019. Estimated Nov 2, 2019. (US LAW, if you preorder the release must be within a year from the prepurchase date.)
    • Players who own the original Warcraft 3 will be able to play against those who own Warcraft 3: Reforged, and vice versa.
    • Players can switch back and forth between the old graphics and the new ones.
    • A new expanded and improved version of the World Editor we know and love i.e. the same editor but with upgrades.
    • Warcraft III: Reforged includes fully rebuilt models for every unit, building, and environment—all with distinguishing variations—as well as new animations, and high-fidelity music and sound to bring the original game into the modern era.
    • Map makers will get more options and tools for creating custom maps (including the tool that was used to create the models for Reforged)
    • Old/Classic Warcraft 3 maps will work with the Warcraft 3 Reforged Editor (some code and 3rd party additions to old maps may affect compability however)
    • Maps and other community created content made in the original Warcraft 3 are also compatible with Reforged.
    • All ingame cut-scenes and cinematics will be remastered.
    • Re-worked campaign locations/terrain to heal up the story between Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft (Stratholme got a rework with the iconic city entrance)
    • All audio will get a quality update.
    • Some audio will be re-recorded.
    • Warcraft 3 Reforged are built with the same engine as Warcraft 3 Classic.
    • Launch on Battle.net platform
    • Warcraft 3 Reforged will contain a remaster of Warcraft 3 Rain of Chaos and The Frozen Throne.
    • Warcraft 3 Reforged is still a work in progress, much of which we've seen so far is not final.
    • Along with all the art updates, Warcraft III: Reforged now features female versions of male heroes and female versions of zombies.
    • The game will be fully voiced and translated into multiple languages, more than it was originally.
    • Support for the Classic Warcraft III and Reforged will continue after the release of the Reforged.
    • Campaign cutscenes will be edited and tweaked to fit and fill in the storyline from WoW.
    • Spoils of War: Upgrade to unlock four unique Hero skins in Warcraft III: Reforged.
    • Option to use a e.g. Jaina on horseback instead of the Archmage in melee.
    • Available in 13 Languages: English, German, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish (Latin American), Spanish (European), Polish, Italian, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Thai.
    • In-game benefits include rejoining in the event of disconnects.
    • Hundreds of new triggers, LUA support, new tools for importing models, and a slew of other enhancements are in the works.
    • The UI is decoupled to allow the map makers to customize the UI in a way that they could not in the past
    • Generic units and portraits will get a unique look (e.g. Death Kinghts dont look like Arthas) too add more variety.
    • Warcraft III: Reforged Beta Access

Please comment if you have more info and I will add it to the list.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 1:33 PM
  2. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  3. loaitbcpitw

loaitbcpitw

Resources:
    Resources:
    rest in piece warcraft

4. Astromen2009

Astromen2009

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is very exciting, and important for calling more old and new players back to wc3.

7. PrincePhoenix

PrincePhoenix

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    DH Female, oh this awesome!

8. oklagija

oklagija

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maps and other community created content made in the original Warcraft 3 are also compatible with Reforged

Will fan made custum campaign work in WC reforged, like MalfurionsQuest ?

9. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i would say signifciant issues are a guarantee especially when the game patching updates becomes a weekly occurance and an automatic things you can't opt out of when you upgrade to reforge.

The will probably test a few basic custom maps.

Custom Campaigns will more then likely break or have their custom models be borked or overwritten depending on unit path and any changes made.

All the recent patches the last few years since the first 1.28 hit can tell you what to expect. For legacy content. THe outlook is a major headache. Hopefully there is a classic and Reforged versions and not simply classic vanishing once you upgrade to Reforged.

All we have to go by is the patching constantly breaking everything last 2 years. Outlook isnt so good for legacy mod content surviving when patch updates become a weekly occurance considering SC1R weekly launcher updates.

10. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Some more info:
    "Available in 13 Languages: English, German, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish (Latin American), Spanish (European), Polish, Italian, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Thai"

"In-game benefits include rejoining in the event of disconnects --"

"--Hundreds of new triggers, LUA support, new tools for importing models, and a slew of other enhancements are in the works."

"The UI is decoupled to allow the map makers to customize the UI in a way that they could not in the past." -MMOChampion Panel Recap

11. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dammit, this sounds really good!
    Especially the World Editor part!

12. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Added: Generic units and portraits will get a unique look (e.g. Death Kinghts dont look like Arthas)

Source (great interview with Robert Bridenbecker)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  13. Pueblo

Pueblo

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is awesome why exactly? Because current year?
    I thought this was a remaster of an old game, keeping units' appearance as close to original as possible.

14. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Possibly because it opens up new options for many map makers, possibility to create more female units (which were lacking in every other race than the Night Elves) and the other way around. I'd also aspect female players (why not male too) would prefer to sometimes play with a different stylized hero than normally. Overall it adds variety to the game, which equals in more options and choices. Can't really imagine this being a bad option to have.

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe it was just supposed to be a cultural thing as in the tribal women of the horde were not warriors but took care of the young and household. But I agree, some units like Witch Doctor and Shaman (+Far Seer) could be women.

16. Pueblo

Pueblo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't mind having choices and additional skins for melee and custom maps, but I hope default army composition stays the same as it was. In campaigns, too, because they are supposed to be the same campaigns as 16 years ago. You could always have male sentinels and female druids, as well as night elf mages and human shamans in wow and wc4.

17. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    • Along with all the art updates, Warcraft III: Reforged now features female versions of male heroes and female versions of zombies.
    I think it is pretty clearly stated that the female variants are on-top of the male variants, so it is your pick which you'll use.

18. berato

berato

Resources:
    Resources:
    that awesome i hope they add more function with editor like make cooldown when takes damage (kelen's dagger dotA mechanic) instead replacing item.

19. LiSen冯

LiSen冯

Resources:
    Resources:
    One important project is HD character/Text
    I hope to add them

20. Destroyer117

Destroyer117

Resources:
    Resources:
    I read in an article that Pre-ordering the Spoils of War Edition gives you 4 Custom Skins for Warcraft heroes? But nothing on the actual site package description seems to indicate any such thing, my question being, does Buying the Spoils of War Edition grant me anything extra for Warcraft 3 Reforged? If so, great, i'll get it, if not, don't care i'll just buy the Standard Edition.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018