1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III: Reforged Beta is live!

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Sabe, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Sabe

Sabe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This just in...

Warcraft® III: Reforged’s Multiplayer Beta Begins This Week!

"The multiplayer beta for Warcraft III: Reforged begins this week with limited access to the orc and human races within 1v1 and 2v2 matchmaking. The undead and night elf races, and more game modes will be added in the weeks ahead.

Invitations to the multiplayer beta will be sent out over the coming weeks. Initial invitations will go out in waves to those who have pre-purchased the Spoils of War edition of the game and subsequent waves of invitations will go to additional players, such as those who have pre-purchased the standard edition of Warcraft III: Reforged."

The hype is officially up!

Edit:
    Turns out the Beta is already live. Check Twitch for live streams.

In case you are chosen for the beta, you will be notified via an e-mail. Just in case, make sure you are opted-in here: https://us.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.html

Edit 2:
    If you get access to beta, you may not receive an e-mail after all, instead the Reforged Beta will just appear on the Battle.net Launcher. Choose "Warcraft III: Reforged Beta" from the dropdown list, that is above the grayed out Play button and under "Region / Account".

Reforgedbeta.PNG

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  2. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    My bet is that it starts next monday, November 4th, week after BlizzCon, but Blizzcon attendants will be able to play at BlizzCon.

3. Sabe

Sabe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well, they said "this week", so it could go live as soon as BlizzCon starts or when the Reforged panel begins.

4. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    They won't release anything during the con. They don't do that, ever, for a number of reasons.

5. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They released the WoW Classic Demo with the Virtual Ticket last year, so I don't see why they couldn't/wouldn't release the Reforged BETA this weekend.

Pretty exited for this, but the editor will probably not be available, even if you luck out with BETA access in the first place.

6. Sabe

Sabe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Really? Wonder what the reasons might be...

7. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was still before the con, not during it.
    Warcraft 3 Reforged (post #843) the guy, @MasterBlaster pretty much said it all.

8. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It was literally released during the event.

Bring Home the BlizzCon® WoW® Classic Demo With the Virtual Ticket - WoW

"Shortly after the BlizzCon opening ceremony on November 2 (on or around 1pm PDT), players will be able to download the same in-development BlizzCon WoW Classic Demo that will be playable on the show floor. Players will have a chance to explore and enjoy a limited questing experience through a pair of classic early-level zones—one Horde and one Alliance—and experience firsthand our recreation of the original Azeroth.

Once the demo is live, you’ll be able to play until 10am PST on November 8, giving BlizzCon attendees a chance to check it out again once they get back home.
    "

9. Sabe

Sabe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well okay, he has some good points.

10. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Nevermind, the BETA is already live, so not sure why we're arguing about the release.

11. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where?

12. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Those first few people who have got access are currently streaming it, Twitch

13. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    You guys are talking about me without pinging me... shame on you :p

14. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I swear this site should be renamed The Hype Workshop during the WC3R coverage, I can't wait to test the good stuff!

15. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Apologies, I've edited my post :D

If this is real Beta, then it was real all along. I'm quite disappointed, though it still looks a lot different than "The Culling" from Blizzcon 2018.

16. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was just being playful, my dude :)

I've watched some Grubby games in max quality and honestly, it looked better than any of the leaks or previews I've seen before. Some things like the portraits and hopefully the UI are unfinished, others are... well, there are things that I like and things I don't like. I mean - I don't think it's bad, but I'm not entirely satisfied either.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What about the campaign gameplay? Is it still the same? Are we looking on a graphics enhancement patch or not only?

18. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Campaign isn't available in the Beta, it's only 1v1 or 2v2 with Orcs and Humans, other races and modes (probably only multiplayer) will come in the next few weeks.

19. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know, I was kidding, duh.
    No Campaign maps on Beta, yet.

20. Sugi

Sugi

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess no world editor yet?