• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Reforged Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Warcraft III: Reforged build has appeared, these are the first two images! (Source: Back2Warcraft)

72353128_3071121326234660_7218098312258256896_n.jpg

72942223_3071121352901324_6113667697092853760_n.jpg

MORE (unverified!) REFORGED SCREENSHOTS!

- Enhanced Tooltips
- HP bars only for damaged units
- Team colored HP bars
- Status bars for Heroes
- Hero Level indicator
- Shows Cooldowns in seconds (?)
- Blood filter
- HOTKEYS CHANGABLE INGAME

71913709_3071807629499363_1187201949288628224_n.jpg

72779437_3071807616166031_883904488560132096_n.jpg

And New Icons:
72400889_3071814236165369_3291856196297818112_n.jpg

Here are all the Wowhead leaks:
Warcraft III Reforged Beta Client Screenshots
Warcraft III Reforged Art Assets - Loading Screens, Portraits, Campaign Screens

Last edited:
Level 1
Holy crap... They are updating all the old icons... And the new ones look sexy. I wonder if WoW will get the new icons?

Level 13
You can look at every single icon here

commandbuttons
Is it just me, or has anyone else fail to notice male melee Demon Hunter or Deathknight(not counting Arthas/Illidan)? I mean I'm OK with them being female, but the only thing is that now all melee Night Elf heroes are female(Keeper of the Grove is not really a Night Elf).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
They made the Wisp a female or it also has gender skins?
There's not too much difference between the Tree of Life upgrade icons.
Tranquility looks like a lightning storm.
Tichondrius just ate and didn't clean the face.
Some of the staves are a bit confusing at first.
Spirit Wyvern looks like a lion.
Spirit Walker's ethereal form icon is an edit on negative, come on.
Sludge looks like the Venom from the recent movie.
Shandris doesn't have a cape anymore.
The Shade has no smoke anymore and the icon makes it look too fleshy.
The Shadowdancer Satyr is a woman now. Nice since all were male or at least appeared that way. However most of them now don't have the colours as in the original game.
Sasquatches are too similar to the Wendigos in what the hues are concerned.
Furbolgs now have armour? Wonder how they made it with those claws.
The Pheonix egg looks like an orb. The unit, also strange but I guess the changed the model as well. I mean, it's less fiery.
Not much difference between the owl scout icons.
The Runner seems to look more like the archer now.
Nether dragons are too fleshy. Basically, that's all they are now.
Nothing royal about the naga royal guard. It's just a green myrmidon.
Summon level icons should not be confusing. Misha's has various facings over the levels. Same with the Alchemist.
Phew, there's also a blind DH version.
Ah, I see, they made Furion and Tyrande have green hair the PotM has blue. That's OK, I guess.
Glad they made the Jungle Beast a swamp beast since sasquatches were already just skinned Wendigos.
Good, they made one centaur female.

It's really nice that they made versions for summon levels.
Generally, the icons really nice.

Level 9
I like most of them, the only thing that i don't like and i dont understand is why they changed some iconic icons? Like townportal scroll,tranquillity, unholy aura etc
But overall i like those

EDIT: oh and taunt too, it seems like another ability, like if someone pissed off the mountain giant and he is mad at him

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You can look at every single icon here

commandbuttons
Oh my effing goodness, that's awesome. They created distinct icons for every creep, and even night elf buildings. Icons that were gone in the transition from RoC to TFT are back, like the glyph of purification. It's very, very pleasing to see they added real eyes too. I just hated the glowing or white sclera. The only thing that doesn't look so good is campaign hero icons -- Tichondrius and Mannoroth are sorta anticlimatic.

EDIT: Oh my, there's an Anasterian Sunstrider icon!

Last edited:
Level 16
They did some unexpected icons. Jennalla Deemspring, Magroth the Defender, Nicholas Buzan, Gregory Edmunson... Perhaps more screentime for them?

Garithos is a bit disappointing.

Anasterian Sunstrider has his own icon too. High elves have a lot of icons, like their own archmage now.

Reactions: Rui
Level 13
They made the Wisp a female or it also has gender skins?
They are female in classic as well. It's just not shown that explicitly. Their voices are female:"We can't build there!"/"Our sacred grove is being desicrated!" etc...
Tranquility looks like a lightning storm.
Green lightning, healing rain.
Tichondrius just ate and didn't clean the face.
He's a bloody monster.
They are Wendigos who don't live in polar regions.
Furbolgs now have armour? Wonder how they made it with those claws.
i guess they bought it from the Night Elves, their allies.
Not much difference between the owl scout icons.
Same type of owls for different purposes.
Nothing royal about the naga royal guard. It's just a green myrmidon.
Like in Classic.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Garithos is a bit disappointing.
Yeah, some bandits look like dwarves.
They are female in classic as well. It's just not shown that explicitly. Their voices are female:"We can't build there!"/"Our sacred grove is being desicrated!" etc...
Lol, that's the announcer. Who said it has to be the Wisp? Wisps don't really talk, they mumble some sounds. The night elven announcer voice is that of the huntress.
Green lightning, healing rain.
Are you trying to be recklessly defending? I'm comparing to the original, since this is what it's about. And green lighting? Really!?
Same goes for the other replies, sorry, nothing personal.
Like in Classic.
You are right. The point was, they could have made it look royal.

Level 13
Lol, that's the announcer. Who said it has to be the Wisp? Wisps don't really talk, they mumble some sounds. The night elven announcer voice is that of the huntress.
Human: "I can't build there!"-Peasant;
Orc:"Can't build there!"-Peon;
Undead:"I can not summon there!"-Acolyte;
Night Elf:"We cann't build there!"-Huntress?? that doesn't make sense. They may have the same voice actress as huntresses. Besides in WoW Aesinna and all the wisps are female, and they "originate" from Warcraft 3 so....
Are you trying to be recklessly defending? I'm comparing to the original, since this is what it's about. And green lighting? Really!?
Same goes for the other replies, sorry, nothing personal.
I'm not trying to defend anyone or anything. I'm just having a hard time keeping my opinion to myself and I'm stating it. I guess it's what forums are about. I just stated my opinions on some things(about the furbolg was a joke on my side though). And green lightning is as logical/real as turning people to sheep. We can just agree to disagree.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Night Elf:"We cann't build there!"-Huntress?? that doesn't make sense. They may have the same voice actress as huntresses. Besides in WoW Aesinna and all the wisps are female, and they "originate" from Warcraft 3 so....
Play the Wisp sound files and the huntress. Tell me which sounds more like the night elven announcer. Also, I'm not following WoW lore. In my book, which makes sense, Wisps can be any gender since they are night elven spirits.
I'm not trying to defend anyone or anything.
OK, since you quoted specific stuff, I thought that... you know?
Yeah, no prob. Even if the sasquatches and wendigos are related, they shouldn't look so similar since in the original game their skins were pretty evidently different even if the model/form of the units were almost if not identical.

Sorry, didn't mean to be impolite.
Fair if you like the green lightning stuff. I don't remember any lightning in the spell FX so I don't think it should be there in the icon as it's not representative. That looks more like Monsoon now.

About Tichondrius but we don't see the character devouring anything. The zombies are turned to spirits or something.
And the owls, since they made the other summon icons much more different than each other, why not here as well?

Level 13
Play the Wisp sound files and the huntress. Tell me which sounds more like the night elven announcer. Also, I'm not following WoW lore. In my book, which makes sense, Wisps can be any gender since they are night elven spirits.

OK, since you quoted specific stuff, I thought that... you know?
Yeah, no prob. Even if the sasquatches and wendigos are related, they shouldn't look so similar since in the original game their skins were pretty evidently different even if the model/form of the units were almost if not identical.

Sorry, didn't mean to be impolite.
Fair if you like the green lightning stuff. I don't remember any lightning in the spell FX so I don't think it should be there in the icon as it's not representative. That looks more like Monsoon now.

About Tichondrius but we don't see the character devouring anything. The zombies are turned to spirits or something.
And the owls, since they made the other summon icons much more different than each other, why not here as well?
Yes, lore wise Wisps can be both genders.
Tranquility is obviousely recolored Monsoon.
In chapter 2 of undead RoC Campaign there is a scene with Tichondrious killing the villagers, he might have eaten them(lol).
I meant that you mean PotMs owl aand huntresses Sentinel, my bad, apologies.
Sasquatches and Wedigos have the same model and different skins. i expect the same will be here, with the face identical.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
In chapter 2 of undead RoC Campaign there is a scene with Tichondrious killing the villagers, he might have eaten them(lol).
Ah, wasn't sure about remembering that correctly. OK, then.
I meant that you mean PotMs owl aand huntresses Sentinel, my bad, apologies.
Haven't been attentive to that but if indeed they look too similar, they shouldn't.
Sasquatches and Wedigos have the same model and different skins. i expect the same will be here, with the face identical.
Would be great if they actually put more effort into it though.

Level 34
yeah, many of the stuff is fine (the mortar team, the demolisher, the siege engine and the witch doctor are perfect).

About female wisps, it makes sense, most of the NE units are female, and the two male units (druids) are linked directly to the emeral dream, so when they die don't stay as wisps

Rui

Rui

Level 41
you mean in lore, or in-game? because in-game they only druids, also the classic wisp re-uses the high elf priest / human mage face (because limitations / lazyness)
You guys are working under the assumption wisps have gender.
full-moon-with-face_1f31d.png

Detheroc gained some weight it seems.
No idea why you people think most of these icons look good, really...
Lmao

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well, seriously speaking, I'm not sure a spirit really needs to have one. They are unlikely to reproduce using conventional means.
It's an emotional metaphysical thing, like biblical angels which you do not know if they are male or not but God is called by he or the lord which is male.

Wowhead posted the Pandaren Brewmaster, Chen Stormstout, and Storm, Earth, and Fire models.
Lol Blademaster Earth.
Water looks like a general and Fire like a king or adviser.

I love the hat on the last one, is that the melee brewmaster or Chen?

Level 6
Yeah, the shadow hunter blade looks off.

Why does the blademaster have these enormous amount of armor all of a sudden? Shouldn't blademasters be swift and agile?

Nether dragons are too fleshy. Basically, that's all they are now.
Yeah they look like fish. :p

Glad they made the Jungle Beast a swamp beast since sasquatches were already just skinned Wendigos.

Here's the icon for the new unit, Brocksquatch:

btnbrocksquatch.jpg

btnelderbrocksquatch=.jpg

I was wondering, any one seen the Doomguard and Kil'jaeden icons?

Level 20
I for one think it's an interesting idea to make Detheroc fat, because as far as I remember he was the Dreadlord who mind-controlled Garithos, i.e. it can be argued that he loved working through others, but was a lazy prick himself and hence his lack of physical shape. This change adds a little more characters to the Dreadlords as a group and even though it is a big departure from the original, I think it might actually be a pretty fun one :)

What I'm genuinely happy about is - looking at the paladin models, it appears that these unique named paladin icons aren't just for shits and giggles, they're actually representative of unique models these guys are getting. And not in a way the original did it, i.e. change the team color or beard or slightly edit the models, but actually unique. And that's awesome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.