• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged Leaked Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
That's the point, if he gets his own model because he had a specific role then Rage Winterchill, Ras Splinterspine, Baron Perenolde, Lady Darkscale, Serena Scarscale, Conjuros Rex, Fordred Aran, and the weeaboo Blademasters should have their unique models as well, since they are just as relevant as Azgalor in WC3
lol everybody get a custom model, except u Sen'jin X'D

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69

venombNaga.png

Level 3

LeystTV, as well as BookofFlames, and Arcane have a bunch of these. It'd be easier just to link up to their YouTube profiles guys, especially BookofFlames has BETA playthroughs... and judging by his last upload of 3Human vs. Orcs... I feel like not just the bugs/models are improving (finally the Human Town Hall no longer starts out building, but also the AI is getting, slightly better)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The funny thing about the centaurs is that all archers are women, it's known that breasts aren't really helpful for bow shooting but who cares when these models don't even aim correctly.
They still have to work on the projectile release position.

Reforged harpy death animation is bugged. Attack is weird if it's ranged because it looks as a melee attack. They didn't keep the up-down flying stand animation. Why are they all standing with their legs crossed?

Ogres have red bones on decay animation? All ogres are now right handed. Ogres were supposed to be fat and run with their bellies forward. Now they run with their torso leaning forward.

Doesn't look like the gnoll is placing a bolt on the crossbow anymore. Their walk animations don't have those little jumps anymore. Gnoll Warden's metal ball isn't magical anymore (no FX). They also don't have their black mask anymore.

Ghosts now attack with their hands. They were supposed to scream like banshees. Let's hope the animation is at least kept for spells. Ghost models are very similar.

Revenants should look more like their element, fire, lightning etc. Right now, only the frost one stands out. Their "dress" doesn't have team colour anymore.

Last edited:
Level 13
New screenshots on official site. Really like the humans and orcs. Not really a fan of the Night Elves and Undead, though the Undead are obviousely unfinished. Undead don't look scary at all. There is something wrong with the Night Elves, have no clue what.

Level 14
New screenshots on official site. Really like the humans and orcs. Not really a fan of the Night Elves and Undead, though the Undead are obviousely unfinished. Undead don't look scary at all. There is something wrong with the Night Elves, have no clue what.

Yeah some walking animations are weird. So many units and heroes just lean forward too much, it's like they are doing the Naruto run.

Also Blizzard has still a lot of work to do on some projectiles, like Spellbreaker ones. I barely see where they are aiming.

Level 13
Yeah some walking animations are weird. So many units and heroes just lean forward too much, it's like they are doing the Naruto run.

Also Blizzard has still a lot of work to do on some projectiles, like Spellbreaker ones. I barely see where they are aiming.
Mostly the Undead look far less scary/far more cartoon-ish than in any other Warcraft game(WC3 Classic, WoW, even Hearthstone), maybe cause they're unfinished, idk.
Night Elves simply don't have that vibe they have in Classic, even WoW.

Level 3
Thankfully I got the WC3 Reforged BETA access, so shameless plug here:

1) My first BETA match
and

2) first 2v2 beta victory (
recorded only the end for some reason, my stupid Action! messed up, plus no voice, grrr

Even on my powerful rig with AMD Threadripper with 32 cores/64 threads and RTX 2080Ti, the performance was rather atrocious.

I had to turn off Shadows and Occlusion completely to get playable frame rates (somebody in the chat let me know). Noticeably it looks more washed out not as dark.

Wtii and Grubby as well as others have now started BETA coverage. While I'm not much of a multiplayer guy, more into custom games and custom campaigns, I've been enjoying it so far. Though I do want the stability/performance/glitches to be fixed. It feels very ALPHA, not BETA to me... I'm afraid what Pavel another Russian YouTuber had warned about ... came true... only a bit earlier... it's very interesting how Blizz let the BETA happen BEFORE the BlizzCon... where most others on the YouTubez/internetz were expecting it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  • The Scroll of Town Portal icon looks really different.
  • Every Kobold has a backpack?
  • Mud Golem's icon looks nothing like mud.
  • Troll priests have no more face paint? That's what was representative.
  • Sometimes it's hard to tell which are your grunts and which are the neutral trolls.
  • Healing Salve's fluid colour is too similar to that of the Greater Potion of Healing.
  • I don't really get it. Some icons are really similar to the original while others are not or are totally different. What's the logic behind that? It's confusing.
  • Some icons like the Demolisher's or Watch Tower reinforcement upgrade are almost indistinguishable.
  • Some units like the Mud Golems seem to have bigger selection circles than necessary.
  • Why should the item chest model now be floating?
  • Can't tell what that is that is supposed to be the orc unit inventory upgrade icon.
  • I think the previous Darkspear troll berserker had a more proper aspect.
  • Serpent Ward icons are a bit too detailed or cluttered. It's not that easy to make out the shapes.
  • Wards should have some top FX so that they'd be seen easier.

Level 13
Ok this isn't really leaked, and this thread has completely lost it's purpose by now, but since they're not on BETA, yet. In case someone hasn't seen yet:
Undead base(unfinished obviouely): https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/VM1PGUWS17IM1569433076133.jpg
Humans vs Undead: https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/NPE53H7PK3HR1569433074011.jpg
Orcs vs Undead 1: https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/4HWWVM4D81OY1569433076247.jpg
Orcs vs Undead 2: https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/0H7KFJWPFX5W1569433074176.jpg
Night Elf base: https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/JYDNG40FGFAE1569433074064.jpg

Level 36
I'm seeing a lot of negative energy in this thread, it's a little sad that so many people are dissatisfied with the direction Blizzard is taking with this remake.

I - for one - really like the new art-style, the over-the-top-ness and "herofication" of normal units feels to me very in line with the "big bulky armours and extravagant style" that Blizzard likes to go for, if anything, I think they could've retained the ridiculous proportions with the new art-style, but hey, it's cool as is.

I especially like the doodads and building models, I've been slobbering over Arcane's showcase videos over at youtube the last couple weeks, and I will make a stalwart effort to get my hands on a proper PC so that I can return to terraining when reforged comes out. And hey, we can actually use unit models in scenic terrains now! That'll be dope.

I'm cheering Blizzard on, Reforged is one of the most amazing things that has happened the last year! I'm so glad their doing this.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Corrupted trees shouldn't have the same night elven fairy FX on them.

(comparison video)

Again mud golems are not really mud golems; rock ones are lava ones. Granite golem looks too much like an infernal.
Not one metal golem with a viking helmet and that eerie blank face.
Dalaran rejects look weird as if unfinished.
Sludges don't have any of the weird aura/FX they have in the original. Now they only bite, not use their tendrils at all.
Water/reef elementals don't look like water at all but made of viscous jelly-like fluids.
Lava elementals are OK but they should have more active lava zones.

(comparison video)

Blue eyed centaurs? They were yellow last I remember as the cenarians.
Careful with red ogres; you don't want them to look chaos.
Ranged nerubians should have proper attack animations, not the same as the melee ones.
Nerubian ziggurats look as if RGB coloured in the object editor. They should be gray.
None of the sasquatches have the face paint anymore. Also, avoid those orcish type fangs on so many creatures. Even the Magnataurs have them now.

(comparison video)

Razormane Medicine men hit with their palms but they have the weapon in the other one :D

(comparison video)

Could be that the hydras have their tails too long and might impede fighting visibility at times.

(comparison video)

Level 13
Corrupted trees shouldn't have the same night elven fairy FX on them.

(comparison video)

Again mud golems are not really mud golems; rock ones are lava ones. Granite golem looks too much like an infernal.
Not one metal golem with a viking helmet and that eerie blank face.
Dalaran rejects look weird as if unfinished.
Sludges don't have any of the weird aura/FX they have in the original. Now they only bite, not use their tendrils at all.
Water/reef elementals don't look like water at all but made of viscous jelly-like fluids.
Lava elementals are OK but they should have more active lava zones.

(comparison video)

Blue eyed centaurs? They were yellow last I remember as the cenarians.
Careful with red ogres; you don't want them to look chaos.
Ranged nerubians should have proper attack animations, not the same as the melee ones.
Nerubian ziggurats look as if RGB coloured in the object editor. They should be gray.
None of the sasquatches have the face paint anymore. Also, avoid those orcish type fangs on so many creatures. Even the Magnataurs have them now.

(comparison video)

Razormane Medicine men hit with their palms but they have the weapon in the other one :D

(comparison video)

Could be that the hydras have their tails too long and might impede fighting visibility at times.

(comparison video)
Don't take those comparison videos too seriously. With a different engine they will probably look 100% different. They are just a hint on how different the models are from the original, and most models aren't even finished yet.

Level 13
It's very serious. When do you expect feedback to be given, after the game is released?
I didn't say that. I said it's not feedback, cause that's not how the models will look in game. You can't just put new models in a 15 year old engine(prehistoric in programming years), and expect it to look good. You'll see them when they get in the Beta, most of them aren't even in Beta yet, cause it's only a few maps. That's what BETA is for.
Also feedback to Blizzard is left on their official forums. Here is mostly to filter your unsatisfaction, you know like going to the councilor, without the councilor, telling your thoughts to a person you don't know. Blizzard might read what people write on their official forums, but only MIGHT.
Even if they read your feedback, don't expect them to change anything. Like pretty much in any business, in gaming as well, it's all about the budget, and Reforged obviously doesn't have a lot of budget.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Also feedback to Blizzard is left on their official forums. Here is mostly to filter your unsatisfaction, you know like going to the councilor, without the councilor, telling your thoughts to a person you don't know. Blizzard might read what people write on their official forums, but only MIGHT.
Even if they read your feedback, don't expect them to change anything. Like pretty much in any business, in gaming as well, it's all about the budget, and Reforged obviously doesn't have a lot of budget.
This is a long lasting hardcore fan site. It kept the game alive in various ways. On their forums, literally anyone writes in different threads. Here it's a bit organized.

Level 13
This is a long lasting hardcore fan site. It kept the game alive in various ways. On their forums, literally anyone writes in different threads. Here it's a bit organized.
Agreed 100%. But, as you said, this is a fan site. And companies don't read stuff from fan sites, they are not official forums, and thus not reliable, or even important to them.

I didn't say that. I said it's not feedback, cause that's not how the models will look in game. You can't just put new models in a 15 year old engine(prehistoric in programming years), and expect it to look good. You'll see them when they get in the Beta, most of them aren't even in Beta yet, cause it's only a few maps. That's what BETA is for.

None of the stuff you saw are in the old engine instead they are from the Beta but just cracked to enable play offline button, How do I know it? Not takes time to search for it to google though I have the official beta and also got the tool that enables offline play.

Level 20
Meanwhile - please forgive a little offtopic, but at first I didn't notice the Blizzcon opening ceremony news and thread :) Anyway, here's an album with some art from Diablo 4 - one of the announcements at this year's Blizzcon. Enjoy!

Diablo 4 - all artbook pages

Last edited:
Level 13
None of the stuff you saw are in the old engine instead they are from the Beta but just cracked to enable play offline button, How do I know it? Not takes time to search for it to google though I have the official beta and also got the tool that enables offline play.
For those comparison videos, at least, I'm fairly certain that they use the old engine. Why? They have the same projectile like in classic, projectiles are unscaled, some fire arrows from their legs, and some times animations are wrong. Basically like they are ripped WoW models, look kinda weird.

You got the Beta? What's it's state? How buggy is it? When do you expect a release date?

For those comparison videos, at least, I'm fairly certain that they use the old engine. Why? They have the same projectile like in classic, projectiles are unscaled, some fire arrows from their legs, and some times animations are wrong. Basically like they are ripped WoW models, look kinda weird.

You got the Beta? What's it's state? How buggy is it? When do you expect a release date?

But it is how it is in the beta that's why people are saying it must be fixed.

I got the beta, it is actually stable unlike people thinks,I'm betting on a late november early december release since it is only bug fixing and I'm sure sadly even though we give feedback art is done.

Level 20
I got the beta, it is actually stable unlike people thinks,I'm betting on a late november early december release since it is only bug fixing and I'm sure sadly even though we give feedback art is done.
Well, I rarely agree with you, but here I actually do - I think they might change some tiny things here and there, but overall I also think that art is pretty much done.

Fairly certain that's not gonna happen. It's the exact time when Classic phase 2 will launch, and releasing Reforged a month after, or before next Classic phase would be a really dumb idea.

We will see it in about one and a half hour, I don't think they'll care for Classic WoW since game has 2 months left to be released.

Level 20
According to Back2Warcraft twitter, undead are coming to Reforged Beta next week, night elves in 3 weeks.

Back2Warcraft @ Blizzcon on Twitter

MORE REFORGED NEWS from Back2Warcraft interview (via their twitter):

- Will the game be released in 2019? No answer.
- Ladder won't be out for the release.
- More content will be added to the game after release, but "not necessarily campaigns".
- They are keeping the original voiceovers, but they will add some new music.
- They hear our feedback regarding readability - team colors will be more visible, mountain king will stand out more, silhouettes will be improved, etc.
- They will add the original graphics (I guess so that you can switch between the old one and the new freely), the editor and custom games to the beta.
- Story cutscenes like in the 2018 campaign demo were scrapped, they went back to the original cinematic mode style.

---

Overall, it's not looking good - I was going to buy Reforged, but after this interview I think I'll wait until it goes on sale. The reason is that while I like that they're keeping the original voiceover, but I'm really not happy that, at least from what I understand, Reforged looks like little more than a graphics pack - and one that I'm personally pretty mixed on. That's not enough to make me feel like spending 30 euro.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm legit disappointed, because after the last year's demo the thing I was looking forward to the most was a fresh take on the campaign - you know, the new style of cutscenes, some changes to maps and gameplay and heck, even some story additions/tweaks if done at least somewhat within reason - for example, having Anasterian appear when Arthas attacks Silvermoon or Jaina reckognize Kel'thuzad when they first meet in the human campaign.

And going by the recent info, it doesn't seem like we're going to get any of that.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
- Story cutscenes like in the 2018 campaign demo were scrapped, they went back to the original cinematic mode style.
- They are keeping the original voiceovers, but they will add some new music.
It's over. It's probably going to be a graphics thing.
I don't know why they bother with new music then.
Sorry for the rant, but I'm legit disappointed, because after the last year's demo the thing I was looking forward to the most was a fresh take on the campaign - you know, the new style of cutscenes, some changes to maps and gameplay and heck, even some story additions/tweaks if done at least somewhat within reason - for example, having Anasterian appear when Arthas attacks Silvermoon or Jaina reckognize Kel'thuzad when they first meet in the human campaign.
Reimagined, huh?

Last edited:
Level 20
If there is a chance, it's a very slim one - if they were considering making new campaigns for Reforged, they would have said so openly, because the perspective of potentially getting more story content would be a very strong selling point for a lot of people, myself included. The fact that they didn't means that they probably don't have any plans to add campaigns and the reason why they didn't flat out say "no" is that they don't want to disappoint people and potentially loose some of the preorders.

Level 12
It's over. It's probably going to be a graphics thing.
I don't know why they bother with new music then.

Reimagined, huh?
This.
They said wc3r will be reimagined not just remastered.
Again Blizzard lies.
I bet they thought that it will be easier to redo this game.
Now they know that coding etc takes more time than expected so they just remove cutscenes, voiceovers etc.

Looks like old Blizzard is rly gone.
Now it's just group of random amateurs.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Now they know that coding etc takes more time than expected so they just remove cutscenes, voiceovers etc.
Not sure how the laws work but they have to release the game soon, I guess and yeah, a lot of time is needed for those details.
I guess, first, they worked on the graphics and saw how it went, what the fans thought about it and that.

It's a shame really. Maybe, they can push the campaign further and only release the multiplayer or something like that first.
Now it's as if they count on graphics for ladder and also for modding and that's it. It's to be appreciated that they make so many models but there's a limit to them and they'll probably sell other afterwards and custom models are hard to make for this engine.

Level 20
Reimagined, huh?
That was what I was hoping for - to some extent... but now - just like you said, Reforged really looks like just a graphics upgrade and even then, I have a hard time considering the new art style to be better than the original.

Yeah, no thanks, Blizzard.

Level 12
Not sure how the laws work but they have to release the game soon, I guess and yeah, a lot of time is needed for those details.
I guess, first, they worked on the graphics and saw how it went, what the fans thought about it and that.

It's a shame really. Maybe, they can push the campaign further and only release the multiplayer or something like that first.
But that's not what I paid for year ago when I preordered Wc3r...

Release date was 31.12.2019 for whole new game...

Level 13
You read my mind. If it's legit, I'm really disappointed, and am considering if I'll buy it at all.

They basically scraped everything apart from HotS models, and a slight engine upgrade.

What's the point of new music anyway, if this is the case?

Level 20
I haven't seen a single negative comment about the new cutscene style from 2018 demo - if anything, I think most people enjoyed it. I highly doubt they've scratched that style due to player feedback - I think it just required too much work and too many animations.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I haven't seen a single negative comment about the new cutscene style from 2018 demo - if anything, I think most people enjoyed it. I highly doubt they've scratched that style due to player feedback - I think it just required too much work and too many animations.
All they need is an actor with a motion capture suit and a 3D artist/animator. And some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.