1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged BETA

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    EIEHtMiXkAAM6nJ.jpg

The multiplayer beta for Warcraft III: Reforged begins this week* with limited access to the orc and human races within 1v1 and 2v2 matchmaking. The undead and night elf races, and more game modes will be added in the weeks ahead.

Invitations to the multiplayer beta will be sent out over the coming weeks. Initial invitations will go out in waves to those who have pre-purchased the Spoils of War edition of the game and subsequent waves of invitations will go to additional players, such as those who have pre-purchased the standard edition of Warcraft III: Reforged.

The Spoils of War Edition
    In addition to access to the beta, owners of the Spoils of War edition get a few additional perks.

Beyond the Meat Wagon mount in World of Warcraft; Thrall, Anub’arak, Jaina and Tyrande in Heroes of the Storm, and the Third War card back in Hearthstone, the Spoils of War edition also contains:

DYEQZGAN8FC81571781402789.jpg

Warcraft III: Reforged Skins–Champion of the Horde Thrall, Emerald Nightmare Cenarius, Fallen King Arthas, Daughter of the Seas Proudmoore

Learn more: Warcraft® III: Reforged’s Multiplayer Beta Begins This Week!

2. Wlizer

Wlizer

Resources:
    Resources:
    The sad thing about it is that its 15 years too late.

3. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wut?

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Aw shucks, man, guess Blizz just got the money nowadays to make use of such HD graphics from 15 years ago.

5. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've watched Grubby's stream for a few minutes. A little sad that the pathing appears to have received no updates at all. :peasant-sad: A bit more smoothness would've been appreciated.

6. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They have stated in the past that the pathing will likely be kept as it is due to competitive multiplayer games i.e. surround tactics, unit positioning etc.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's funny that the company calls it a reimagining when it's still just a graphics change like but not as StarCraft:Remastered.

8. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Figured it couldn't be as smooth as SC2 due to gameplay balance reasons, to prevent the same problem that happened from SC1 to SC2. Still, it's sorta uncomfortable to see units get stuck on one another while marching freely.

9. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Spirit Walker is still being trained from the Tauren Totem. Great!! The stupidest thing in the recent patches. What's next? Dragonhawk Riders from Arcane Sanctums, Rifflemen from Workshop, Headhunters, Witch Doctors and Bat Riders from a Vodoo Louge?

10. Wlizer

Wlizer

Resources:
    Resources:
    They also failed the release of SC:R because they didnt fix the svc "bug" when you rally point new svc into minerals it doesnt start to automine them. They maybe dont play the games themself and it makes me feel bad. It could be great game if the right person would tweak it a bit.

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're saying the bug is still there?
    It's SCV by the way.

12. Wlizer

Wlizer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well yeah didnt you try it out? I stopped playing in the third mission.

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dude, I just tested melee on the latest update and none of the workers start harvesting minerals by themselves regardless whether you place the rally point on minerals by using the command or right clicking, regardless.
    It's not StarCraft II, it's Brood War.

14. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As a matter of curiosity, in Reign of Chaos, high elf Dragon Hawks are trained from Arcane Sanctums iirc :p

15. BloodMood97

BloodMood97

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I cant wait to try my custom map and other maps in WC3 reforged but Custom Games arent available for now : only 1v1 and 2v2 multiplayer games are playable. :peasant-neutral:

16. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    I thought they came directly from the High Elven Barracks?

ED: Yep, it is the High Elven Barracks.

17. Feng Shui

Feng Shui

Resources:
    Resources:
    Checked out some streams on Twitch. Old WC3R footage actually looks better.

18. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I'm curious what are the skins for? Are they going to sell custom skins now?

19. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    i see reforged is going to have the same 'accessory creep' like remastered starcraft, with the 'skins' and all.. kinda neat, actually, since we're talking about more models to mashup and take things from by modders

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm positive.