• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III: Reforged Beta is live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This just in...

Warcraft® III: Reforged’s Multiplayer Beta Begins This Week!

"The multiplayer beta for Warcraft III: Reforged begins this week with limited access to the orc and human races within 1v1 and 2v2 matchmaking. The undead and night elf races, and more game modes will be added in the weeks ahead.

Invitations to the multiplayer beta will be sent out over the coming weeks. Initial invitations will go out in waves to those who have pre-purchased the Spoils of War edition of the game and subsequent waves of invitations will go to additional players, such as those who have pre-purchased the standard edition of Warcraft III: Reforged."

The hype is officially up!

Edit:
Turns out the Beta is already live. Check Twitch for live streams.

In case you are chosen for the beta, you will be notified via an e-mail. Just in case, make sure you are opted-in here: https://us.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.html

Edit 2:
If you get access to beta, you may not receive an e-mail after all, instead the Reforged Beta will just appear on the Battle.net Launcher. Choose "Warcraft III: Reforged Beta" from the dropdown list, that is above the grayed out Play button and under "Region / Account".

Reforgedbeta.PNG

Last edited:
Level 13
My bet is that it starts next monday, November 4th, week after BlizzCon, but Blizzcon attendants will be able to play at BlizzCon.

Level 19
They won't release anything during the con. They don't do that, ever, for a number of reasons.
They released the WoW Classic Demo with the Virtual Ticket last year, so I don't see why they couldn't/wouldn't release the Reforged BETA this weekend.

Pretty exited for this, but the editor will probably not be available, even if you luck out with BETA access in the first place.

Level 13
They released the WoW Classic Demo with the Virtual Ticket last year, so I don't see why they couldn't/wouldn't release the Reforged BETA this weekend.

Pretty exited for this, but the editor will probably not be available, even if you luck out with BETA access in the first place.
It was still before the con, not during it.
Really? Wonder what the reasons might be...
Warcraft 3 Reforged (post #843) the guy, @MasterBlaster pretty much said it all.

Last edited:
Level 19
It was still before the con, not during it.

Warcraft 3 Reforged (post #843) the guy pretty much said it all.
It was literally released during the event.

Bring Home the BlizzCon® WoW® Classic Demo With the Virtual Ticket - WoW

"Shortly after the BlizzCon opening ceremony on November 2 (on or around 1pm PDT), players will be able to download the same in-development BlizzCon WoW Classic Demo that will be playable on the show floor. Players will have a chance to explore and enjoy a limited questing experience through a pair of classic early-level zones—one Horde and one Alliance—and experience firsthand our recreation of the original Azeroth.

Once the demo is live, you’ll be able to play until 10am PST on November 8, giving BlizzCon attendees a chance to check it out again once they get back home.
"

Level 20
Apologies, I've edited my post :D
I was just being playful, my dude :)

If this is real Beta, then it was real all along. I'm quite disappointed, though it still looks a lot different than "The Culling" from Blizzcon 2018.
I've watched some Grubby games in max quality and honestly, it looked better than any of the leaks or previews I've seen before. Some things like the portraits and hopefully the UI are unfinished, others are... well, there are things that I like and things I don't like. I mean - I don't think it's bad, but I'm not entirely satisfied either.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I've watched some Grubby games in max quality and honestly, it looked better than any of the leaks or previews I've seen before. Some things like the portraits and hopefully the UI are unfinished, others are... well, there are things that I like and things I don't like. I mean - I don't think it's bad, but I'm not entirely satisfied either.
What about the campaign gameplay? Is it still the same? Are we looking on a graphics enhancement patch or not only?

Level 20
Re: Blizzcon Deep Dive

World Editor is going to be released sometime later in the month along with Custom Games unlocked (after the other two races are unlocked for testing).

Status
Not open for further replies.