1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World Editor and Undead Race NOW LIVE

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    worldeditorlive.png

Warcraft_III_World_Editor.png The Reforged World Editor is now live on the Warcraft III: Reforged BETA!

If you have access to the BETA, start messing around with the World Editor! Let Blizzard know your thoughts. They really need to hear from us, the map making community. We have 17 years of experience with the World Editor, so whom is better to provide feedback on the new editor than us?

Noone can give the mass feedback, that we as a community can compile. Please post your thoughts and general feedback about the Warcraft III: Reforged World Editor in this thread.
    Test your old maps, comment about the things you like, things you didn't like, any issues that might occur, your concerns etc.

Blizzard is listening. Please be constructive and as clear and concise as possible.
    needfeed.png
    Hive Community be like:

speciality.jpg

undeadbanner.jpg

UNDEAD RACE PLAYABLE ON BETA

The multiplayer beta for Warcraft III: Reforged began last week with limited access to the orc and human races within 1v1 and 2v2 matchmaking.
    Today the undead race and more game modes have been added, including the beforementioned World Editor!

Invitations to the multiplayer beta will be sent out over the coming weeks. Initial invitations will go out in waves to those who have pre-purchased the Spoils of War edition of the game and subsequent waves of invitations will go to additional players, such as those who have pre-purchased the standard edition of Warcraft III: Reforged.

2. JaleVeliki

JaleVeliki

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    At last! Hype! :peasant-cheers-back:

3. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
    the model exporter should be a blender pluggin,no one wanna buy another messed up tool from Autodesk.So dissappointed!

4. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hype! Also sonphamthe11H dont troll, even the 2003 War3Art Tools Blizzard released that we had these past two decades required buying an expensive tool to make the models because Blizzard is only focused on making epic content as efficiently as possible at any cost.

If you're disappointed, be disappointed with me for not publishing Retera Model Studio Reforged yet, right? Or maybe with Magos. Where is that guy anyway? Magnus Ostberg? Something something?

Edit: We all want me to make Retera Model Studio Reforged, but there's a half chance that I go home and eat pop CORN instead. What does a matrix eater eat, anyway?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  5. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Resources:
    If anyone looking on how to test custom maps, you can open the map you want to test in the new editor and then use the editor test map button.

6. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    What are these o_O

• Player - Create Ability Button Effect for Animate Dead and Human Peasant - Repair
    • Player - Create Train Button Effect for Peasant
    • Player - Create Build Button Effect for Peasant
    • Player - Create Research Button Effect for Iron Forged Swords
    • Player - Create Learn Button Effect for Animate Dead
    • Player - Destroy Button Effect (Last created Button effect)

7. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Those allow you indicate that the player should do something on the UI.

8. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Make sure you keep backups of your maps from 1.31!

9. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Did you try it yourself? Because, every time I try to test a map, it crashes at the "lion gate". And custom games doesn't seem to be enabled in game.

When I also tried to calculate shadows for a map in the editor it crashed and I got an error message.

Some unit stand animations ingame is laggy. The don't complete the animation cycle.

Some model textures are missing. Realise it's beta, just pointing out any "issues" I find.

Brigdes and other doodads doesn't face the right way when placing them on the map.

10. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you can't test map try playing the game normally once so you login and get a token.

11. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah i tried it myself and manage to open the map i'm currently working. Are you trying to open an old map just to test or one of your projects? I also got a few problems with imports and everythink is just to dark. I'm making a compilation of stuff that i'm finding and will post it here or in the new thread created about the editor. About the lag, i'm actually getting pretty decent performance from the game. My map is pretty model heavy (HD) and i'm getting between 120 - 200 FPS constantly, it feels more fluid, kind of hard to explain haha. The editor itself is much smoother i feel like. no code completion though!

12. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I can play test empty map just fine though. But it does not work when I try to play test embercraft. Looks like it's trying to display an error message but failed (attachment - bottom left).

Attached Files:

13. LazZ

LazZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know if this is too much to ask for blizzard, but I would really like to see multidimensional arrays in the Trigger Editor.

14. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you logged in previously through the normal game client?

15. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yes I did. And again I could play empty custom map, so I suppose it's not a login issue, right?

EDIT:
    By the way, lot of custom models went broke:

[​IMG]

16. Karutoh

Karutoh

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would be nice to be able to change a unit's model from a trigger and Jass/LUA.

17. IamFierce

IamFierce

Resources:
    Resources:
    Issues I noticed when testing my custom map: Reforged Tournament.

1. Sound of units fighting cannot be heard at camera height distance of 3200 that could previously be heard in 1.31.
    2. Map crashes upon saving, but appears to be saving correctly.
    3. Human Battleship model not showing.
    4. Map takes nearly 15 minutes to open with editor.
    5. Set tooltips for abilities does not appear to be working.
    6. Cannot save the map as a folder at all.

18. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Tried making a new basic map with 1 unit, and it loaded seemingly fine. Will try with my other map and test again.

EDIT: Ok, it works now.

19. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I loaded a classic WC map in Reforged Editor, worked well, however, I went to place a custom unit, and the editor crashed.

20. IamFierce

IamFierce

Resources:
    Resources:
    Observation tower model shifts back and forth between observation and cannon tower.