1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World Editor and Undead Race NOW LIVE

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please post the maps, models, or other assets that aren't working.

2. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hi I've pre-ordered Reforged a year ago and I do not have access to the Beta. Is the Editor also restricted only to those who paid extra for the DLC? Damage Engine support will have to wait (if such a system is even needed anymore - can't tell).

3. Drakethos

Drakethos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyone else have this happen to them? I opened up a map ive been working on in classic, and my heroes spells have the wrong icons and tooltips like belonging to other spells, and effects even. For instance i have a custom polymorph spell that is just hex but sheep only but its icon in mass teleport and all the art and tooltip is mass teleport. Is that a weird pathing issue. I dont know how i would fix it tbh. wondernig if its a pathing glitch.

4. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    More testing.

Map worked fine, until I used Thrall's summon spirit wolf ability. The game crashed.

5. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Open Battle.net app and change your game region / account to "Warcraft III: Reforged Beta".

Side note: World Editor won't launch if you directly attempt to execute it from the game folder (x86), but it works from the battle.net app.

6. BloodMood97

BloodMood97

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tested my custom Arena map into wc3 Reforged and there are some visual bugs. So check :

7. KitsuneTailsPrower

KitsuneTailsPrower

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just to be sure I'm not going insane, the "custom games" option is greyed out for everyone else too right?

8. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Resources:
    And here are the thinks that i noticed so far:

1 - Most imported assets are not working (Could not load error)

Classic World Editor
    World_Editor_Original.png

Reforged World Editor
    World_Editor_Reforged_1.png

2 - The game seems too dark, i dont know if its the gama or the custom models lack something that the new revamped engine needs in order to make them look as they should.

Classic World Editor
    World_Editor_Original_2.png World_Editor_Original_3.png

Reforged World Editor
    World_Editor_Reforged_2.png World_Editor_Reforged_3.png

3 - It seems that the terrain texture path overriding is no longer working as well. I wonder if the custom lightnings like the @Spellbound pack will also be buggy. might be a good idea to give it a look.

Classic World Editor
    World_Editor_Original_4.png

Reforged World Editor
    World_Editor_Reforged_4.png

4 - It also seems that the method we use to create custom loading screens is not working as well. Its only using the LoadingScreenBL part.

Classic Loading Screen
    Original_Loading_Screen.png

Reforged Loading Screen
    Reforged_Loading_Screen.png

5 - Icons are not working properly as well, some work, some dont

Some In Game pics

Classic
    Original_InGame.png Original_InGame_2.png Original_InGame_3.png

Reforged
    Reforged_InGame_1.png Reforged_InGame_2.png Reforged_InGame_3.png

Regarding the models, i think i can upload Muradin's and Sylvanas models since they are from Heroes of the Storm, so i should give credits to Blizzard for creating the models and to nerthfill from the Warcraft Underground community for ripping them.

About uploading the map, i could do it, but its a 90 mb file and i would have to ask for permission from @YourArthas and the guys that created the Rebirth Mod to do it since i'm using a few of their models and they have a disclaimer. But if they do i wouldnt mind, because i was already planning on releasing the map, if permissions granted, as a guide to new map makers that want to learn Jass and vJass since i've already written 25000 lines of code on it.

Apart from all of those bugs, if you guys give it a good look at the Reforged In Game Pics, you will see that, for the custom models that are working, the game can create their shadow perfectly!! Thats Cools AF!!

Attached Files:

9. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Been having a look around at some of the ingame stuff for reforged in the world editor, it's looking pretty cool so far, although I kind of wonder if they're going to stick with the same Blood Elf aesthetic for the High Elves in the campaign.
    Also noticed a few strange things, like Naisha's model doesn't exist, for some reason the Ghost unit flies up pretty high while the banshee floats just above the ground despite being at the same elevation (if you set the height of the banshee to 0, it will actually fall through the ground).
    I'm also wondering, will campaign building models be given birth and work animations? Some of them still don't seem to have them, but given it's still a work in progress I'm wondering how far in depth these sorts of things will go.

10. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I just noticed it too. In my case, my custom hero was based on the Mountain King hero, and all of his custom spells had their icons and normal tooltips changed to Mountain King's default ones (storm bolt, thunder clap, etc). The tooltip - learn field is still how it's supposed to be, tho.

11. mf-shroom

mf-shroom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Summary of a few issues I reported on the blizzard forum as well as some new ones I found with maps that I tested attached.

1. Errors with learned hero custom abilities, their tooltips and icons.

When using the editor to load a map with custom abilities, all tooltips and icons used previously look to have transitioned properly in the object editor pane.

However, after having tried several different maps, it seems that while in the ‘learn ability’ pane for a hero, these custom abilities will be given an arbitrary icon not necessarily relating to the base ability. At this stage, the tooltip is still the custom tooltip specified in the editor. Once the ability is learned, both the icon and the tooltip are no longer the custom tooltip, but some default tooltip associated with the icon.

Additionally, when casting the custom ability that has a changed icon, a default effect associated with the ability the icon represents is also played.

Summary:

• In Editor: Custom Tooltip, Custom Icon
    • In ‘Learn Ability’ Pane: Custom Tooltip, Random Icon
    • In ‘Hero Ability’ Pane: Default Tooltip, Random Icon

2. Error with tooltip on non-learned custom abilities on pre-placed units.

• Some pre-placed units with custom abilities that are not learned show a 'tooltip missing' and a random icon when looking at them.
    • Does not seem to affect units spawned with triggers.

3. Error with 'model file extra version' selection in editor

Certain units which have multiple designs based on either RoC or TFT are unable to change from their frozen throne version to the reign of chaos version using the ‘model file extra version’ selection option in the editor.

Some examples for races in beta (RoC/TFT):

• Priest/Priest
    • Sorceress/Sorceress
    • Steam Tank/Siege Engine
    • Catapult/Demolisher
    • Gyrocopter/Flying Machine

4. Error with loading some default models in editor

Certain unit models do not load properly in editor and show up as a green checkered cube, but they do work in game. There are probably quite a few more than this.

Examples:

• Archmonde
    • Kel’thuzad Ghost
    • Shade
    Map Tested: "Nexus 1.13 TFT", screenshot attached

5. Miscellaneous feedback

• Shallow water in editor is almost invisible, deep water is visible but does not look very deep.
    • Abilities that cluster lots of lights in a big burst create big square shadows on terrain. (Screenshot Attached)
    • Loading screen picture very zoomed in for some loading screens (For Example the Default Credits Screen)
    • Default Clawmaster orc model not updated for orcs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  12. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well that's weird, the Shade model works fine for me in Editor
    Actually, so does Kel'thuzad Ghost and Archimonde
    But the Naisha one doesn't, so I'm wondering if that one works for you while the ones that didn't work for you work for me

BTW, check out the Detheroc model for Chungus Dreadlord

13. mf-shroom

mf-shroom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Interesting, I tried naisha, but it doesnt work for me in addition to the three I looked at before.

14. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thank you! I've now downloaded it.

Is there anything NEW in the World Editor besides the Dialogue Editor (which doesn't seem to do anything)?

I've checked the Object Editor/Manager and trigger module, they're all the same.

15. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It might just be me, but so far it looks like it's just World Editor with the ingame models changed to WoW models
    But it's all worth it for Chungus Detheroc

16. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    A severe letdown of my would-be coding expectations, to be sure.

17. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    How did you do it exactly? Can you elaborate? I think I did more or less the same thing, but didn't work for me:

1. Launched the game (I was looking for the launch editor button)
    2. Exited the game (then I discovered the launch button at the battle.net window)
    3. Launched the editor
    4. Opened my map, loads just fine (except for some incompatible models)
    5. Play-tested the map (did not work)
    6. Created a new empty map with some pre-placed units, played the map successfully
    7. Opened my map again, still can't play it

18. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
    just trolling bro,dont be so serious :))

19. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I only prepurchased the standard edition feelsbadman

20. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You can still play the Beta by launching the Battle.net app and change your region to WarCraft 3 Reforged beta.