1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World Editor and Undead Race NOW LIVE

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 5, 2019.

1. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This made me feel so proud. :cute:

My main concern is whether the Reforged WE will include new features such as Damage Detection (and by that i mean simple GUI Events and conditions, like for example Unit takes damage - damage Type equals to Spell) that will allow us to make custom spells way easier.

And If we can use 2 abilities based on the same one, using different buffs (This became doable after 1.30 as long as the 2 abilities have different ID's). But instead of having a limited set of ID's, we can simply allow the user to create ID's.

And do we still have to deal with Memory Leaks?

2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh. Thanks.

3. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Admittedly, I was kind of hoping for new aspects in the Object Editor to make it more accessible, but I'm not sure how that would work since they seem to want to make it compatible with what you do in the legacy WE.

4. Stockton209

Stockton209

Resources:
    Resources:
    So are all those old wc3 maps lost? Things like Spellcraft, Uther Party, Wilderness Survival, Island troll tribes. Because dont the majority have protection on so you cant load them into editor?

Does this mean it will still be a few years before theres custom maps worth playing because the majority will have to be built from the ground up?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  5. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    New functions related to the game:

• Game - Create Save Checkpoint
    • Game - Create Save Checkpoint
    • Game - Start Recording
    • Game - End Recording

These new functions exist, and are called "functions" because one is for a Campaign save checkpoint and another is a map save checkpoint.

• Attack Range
      • Events
        • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Custom script: bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Picked unit)) + ('s Attack Range: + (String((Unit: (Picked unit)'s Weapon Real Field: Attack Range ('ua1m') at Index:1)))))

Getting the attack range of each unit still returns 0.00 .

For some reason, the following ForGroup call to this particular group crashes on my end:

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red).) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Picked unit)) + ('s Attack Range: + (String((Unit: (Picked unit)'s Weapon Real Field: Attack Range ('ua1m') at Index:1)))))

• Unit - Set Unit Skin of (unit) to (integer)

This is quite odd. The function expects the second parameter to be an actual integer instead of rawcode.

EDIT:

A weird glitch occurs with the icons and the unit display. This occurs when the map is in SD mode.
    Preview

Before option changes
    upload_2019-11-6_15-46-0.png

Option Changes:
    upload_2019-11-6_15-47-18.png

Result:
    upload_2019-11-6_15-47-42.png

Extra (Wrong icon for ability):
    upload_2019-11-6_15-49-3.png

(The skin of the archmage is set to lich, and all abilities will display the latter's accordingly, but will reflect that of the former's abilities)​

6. T77df

T77df

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please add a trigger that applies a texture on a model
    For example, I want to make a spell that freezes the target. That trigger apply Ice\snow texture on the model
    Or I want to make units with low HP, covered in blood. With that trigger, I can apply a blood-drops texture on the model.

Does anyone agree with me?

7. azgarol

azgarol

Resources:
    Resources:
    UMSWE support would be appreciated. You cant use GUI without it. For example you can't create i footmans, where "i" is a local variable, in GUI, since unlike with umswe you can't insert custom scripts inside the fields of actions and conditions. upload_2019-11-6_10-36-14.png
    This is pretty much the only UMSWE functionality that is vital. So if RWE won't support UMSWE, it still needs this feature.
    upload_2019-11-6_10-41-49.png
    But if this feature is to be added, it would save people a lot of time if it would also has backward compatibility with the same feature from the custom editors. Sorry for russian screenshots.

Also the conversion to custom text of triggers is made much better, that's great, however the font is unreadable, bring back TESH.
    upload_2019-11-6_10-52-0.png

8. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @azgarol: this is already doable in GUI via custom scripts if you just set the varables beforehand or define global variables as locals in the beginning of the trigger (well, it bites itself with the GUI if/then/else blocks, because of the way these are absolutely atrocious converted in jass)

9. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, if I understand correctly, there isn't really much in terms of new features in the editor beta right now, which is a shame. Hopefully it's just the first version and we'll start seeing some new stuff with future beta updates.

10. azgarol

azgarol

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I am using custom script for every single action what's the point of using GUI anyway? It is doable, but GUI is not viable without custom scripts inside GUI actions like on the screenshot from my previous post.

11. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wouldn't that require individual textures for each unit type? I do agree with the notion of changing between textures on the same model via triggers would be cool, but I think what you're hoping for there may be a little more involved than swapping skins, or at least something else entirely. It's still a cool idea that would be nice to see able to be done in the World Editor, though.

12. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can get a three year trial for it. Just model in blender and then export to Max and then export the model in the format required.

13. ToggleModGoat

ToggleModGoat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am pretty sure that the weapon index should be 0, unless you want to select the secondary attack.. Also there may be another weapon real field that isn't 'ua1m' but try with index 0 first.

14. nighthawk700

nighthawk700

Resources:
    Resources:
    World Editor won't run for me. I'm on the newest version (1.32.0.13594). When I start the editor (in the x86_64 folder), nothing happens. Sometimes it says "Editor running" for a few seconds in battle.net where it would say "Warcraft III is running". Using German locale, tried changing to English but that didn't work either.

15. 1337Smithy

1337Smithy

Resources:
    Resources:
    As specified elsewhere in this thread, you have to launch it from the Battlenet launcher.

16. nighthawk700

nighthawk700

Resources:
    Resources:
    How do I start the editor in the bnet launcher? Nothing here:

EDIT: I found it now.... very unusual place, above all other stuff ("Editor starten" in the top half of the pic, if anyone else wonders)
    [​IMG]

17. Morrowind135

Morrowind135

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its above that video of the cinematic trailer on your picture, top right 'Editor Starten'

18. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    Same, FeelsGoodBadMan

19. nighthawk700

nighthawk700

Resources:
    Resources:
    Found it, ty.
    First thing I noticed is that maps are stored in your Documents folder, I'm really not a fan of that because it clogs up your boot drive. I've accumulated about 2 gigs of maps over the years, really don't want that in my boot drive if I didn't install my game there in the first place.
    It should either be a choice where maps are read/written or it should be in the WC3 folder just like it always was in classic wc3. Most people wouldn't look for their maps in the documents folder.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Give us a normal/sane option to have our maps where we install the game, please.