1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Of course they will Micro the game.

Don't be silly

2. Petabik

Petabik

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, I never really posted here, just lurked, but I am very exited about the remaster.
    But imo it's pretty sad to see a community that's almost as old as me start to get seperated because of some disagreements about it.
    So I made a crappy little mouse-drawn comic about it.
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

3. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That concept can burn in oblivion.

We'll see how it goes. Can't put our judgement completely yet. 2019 is the decisive year then for us warcraft 3 fans.

4. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm the first guy. 100%

5. Zephyrius2412

Zephyrius2412

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Do you think they could add new races and/or new campaigns (even if I doubt) in the future ?

Ahah ! Really nice Petabik ! ;)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  6. Tovio

Tovio

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am the third guy. I don't trust Blizzard.

7. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Grubby said you can play the Old campaigns when he was talking about layout and changes like mini bosses on his livestream playing reforged.

so lets hope thats exactly as it sounds.

Also watched malganis die twice and drop a Greater mana then a ring of Prot +3

so campaign random item drops? I hate RNG :(

8. Kasrkin

Kasrkin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh man the Invasion of Kalimdor and the Sylvanas missions are going to be very different.

9. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  10. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm glad :D

Ditto. Same reason why I never bought or played WoW.

(By the way, @Bribe, you could use this reforged version as an excuse to introduce your kid to Warcraft III ;D)

11. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a sleazy money grab. It's a visual update that costs you 30$. You can buy an actual real game for that price. No, I am not talking about about a visual improvement addition to a decade-old game I am talking about a real game. Pay real money to buy something that you probably already paid for many years ago. This is akin to modders selling a wacraft 2 styled game made using the warcraft 3 engine and charging full price for it... nah what am I saying the engine in this case is actually different.

It's funny because now they've shown that they started updating the game again I thought of buying it. I had the game bought on release but the CD got lost so I've been playing it on GameRanger for a while and thought I'd join the official club of players. Turned out I was a day too late! Warcraft 3 is now removed from the store - replaced by this... Serves me right for trying to buy their game huh? It used to be 20$ for both the WC3 and the expansion and now it's 30$. 20$ for the games 10$ just because they can fleece you.

I for one have no intention of being fleeced for nothing. If I wanted better visuals with the same stale gameplay I'd download a mod. I refuse to pay for their sleazy scheme of robbing people over a 16 year old unchanged game which was only made as big as it is by independent map-makers working for free.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  12. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    rofl not a visual update isnt even the main focus

its a remake at this point entirely different game. Go watch the stratholme level

point me to a direction where I can buy an RTS game in 2018 that will have over 60 quality playable campaign missions which most of which are going to probably be entirely redone maps.

If the campaign maps are redone from scratch entirely Wc3 Reforged is essentially 8 possibly 9 if the DO add the Demo Campaign. Completely new Warcraft Camapaigns.

Same Story Vastly different level design.

Closest Comparison is the Resident Evil 1/2 to this scenario.

Ahem....

A Symphony of Frost and Flame
    Eternity's End The Battle for Mount Hyjal.

Arthas VS Illidan

WInner takes Icecrown. And then the Finale iconic fight between them. Now in stunning HD and Insanely detailed Maps.

Also I think Sylvanas VS Balnazzar For Capital City is going to get quite an overhaul for since Capital City is quite iconic in modern WoW.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  13. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd point you to blizzard's site. Yesterday that game cost 20$ and today it costs 30$. And no, it's not the inflation that changed the price. Just dirty consumer-hostile practices all too common in the triple A gaming industry.

14. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    What we want is a warcraftIII remastered, just something like SCR. Not this warcraftIII ref**ked. Very diappointed!
    Keep the graphics a warcraft/wow style! Not Heroes of storm or DOTA2 style!
    Some item/ability icon are "updated", even they are still being used in WOW! Crazy.

15. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Release date 2004

Thanks bub whats being made today that has the quality of a WC / SC campaign? or length.

WC3R is an entirely new set of campaigns with different maps thats a guarantee buy with no regrets for the content gained.
    They wont do stratholme and leave the other maps barren by comparison.

Better yet this might just be a big enough kick to start an RTS Renaissance similar to the one Isometric CRPGS has seen in recent years.

16. Iliya

Iliya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quick Technical question. If I make a map in the reforged Warcraft using Custom HD models. People who have original would not techinlly be able to cross play since there is no original edition of the Custom HD Models I just made? Is that correct or not?

Thanks

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    False. It's a hard edit, not entirely new. It's a remake in the long run but not entirely new because it's actually a reboot.
    I think so. Code might break. However, classic WcIII maps would be more playable on Reforged.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I guess it's happening:

19. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Play the 2P campaign that you can download here on the hive. Completely new by your standards right?

You know I'd imagine I am not the only one who thinks that a new campaign actually requires a new story, new characters, new plots points and all that jazz as opposed to simply adding new unit and doodad models.

20. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perfect solution would be if they didnt even try to forcefully replace Wc3 with it.......Just drop III in the title......Warcraft Reforged a reimagining of original warcraft stories and rts gameplay, they would be able to change far more......have freedom in adding new race or races and modes....and to redesign everything like crazies......and everyone is happy...
    Why they felt the need to force it on us as standard and replacement.....i know it will have the option to switch back but it shouldnt affect wc3 at all... people would still make and port maps to it.......and peopel who want new Warcraft game are happy, and warcraft 3 community and all our assets are left unscaved. They could go crazy with fidelity and changes to everything....to retcon as much as they would please.......and wc3 would be as it is....free of interference, intrusion and revisions.... It doesnt need to be like George Lucas's "fixes" to Original trilogy....tho ofcourse its not of awful quality.....its just equally forced and unnessesary....