• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm very happy to have stopped supporting them completely, and without regrets, can say as a former Blizzard fan, that they definitely won't be winning me back

^ I'm not yet giving up on Wc3, but apart from that my history is pretty much the same.

I'm one foot in one foot on a banana peel...
Only SC2 has managed to avoid the recycle bin as I find those custom games somewhat fun.
I don't know why I'm keeping reforged anymore. A dumpster fire might be fun, but it still stinks.
I'm probably gonna refund it these days and be done with it.

Because every single map I tried, even opened it in reforged editor, saved it as reforged
and it still crashes no matter what complexity map is, dead stupid or dota ... desync desync desync

A "reforging" so terrible that people just want the old game back. An apology so disingenuous that even the biggest fanboys know it. And now a non-patch which fixes almost nothing...

Wow blizzard, just WOW.

Amen.

Level 5
On that accord, be careful about making reforged Maps. Over at Unforged many report that they made maps inside reforged, and are completely unable to port them back to classic, completely lost effort, if you consider going back.

Reactions: pyf

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
On that accord, be careful about making reforged Maps. Over at Unforged many report that they made maps inside reforged, and are completely unable to port them back to classic, completely lost effort, if you consider going back.
It's to be expected and known that if you save a map in Reforged it won't work on Classic. The editors differ.

Level 5
It's to be expected and known that if you save a map in Reforged it won't work on Classic. The editors differ.

Yeah, but some people might be suckered in by previously made statements by out friends at blizzard that they needed to do this and that to ensure full combatibiliy between classic and reforged custom maps. That's why I mention.

Level 20
I've updated the Warcraft III to the latest and now all my save progress is lost...
If you mean Reforged campaign then yes, it's normal. The way W3 works is that if they update the maps (which I believe they did to some extent), you previous saves won't work as they're tied to maps that technically no longer exist. And to be fair, they warned about it in the patch notes - but, if I remember right, they also said that your overall campaign progress shouldn't be gone and so - if your campaign just reset to the first missions then oh well, it's just another example of Blizzard screwing up.

Also how can I play custom Campaigns?
You can't - Reforged removed custom campaigns from the game. No idea when or if they add them back.

Level 18
Technically speaking, the editor version doesn't matter. If I make a map in 1.30 I can play it on 1.26 as long as I don't use new natives.
The main thing that breaks compatibility is the updated file formats in 1.31 and reforged, however, these files can be downgraded with the right tools.

The only annoying part about reforged editor is that it always seems to use the CreateXWithSkin native for preplaced units, items, and destructables, even when the skin id is the same as the type id. Since these are 1.32 natives, it makes downgrading harder.

Level 5
I want to add something here in-case anyone crazy besides me kept reforged

If you have desync, try: setting the foreground fps to 200, background fps to 10.
And delete your map folder, then create "Maps" and inside just create "Download" folder.

Worked for me, hallelujah... still crashes, but I managed to play some games last night.

Level 16
I want to add something here in-case anyone crazy besides me kept reforged

If you have desync, try: setting the foreground fps to 200, background fps to 10.
And delete your map folder, then create "Maps" and inside just create "Download" folder.

Worked for me, hallelujah... still crashes, but I managed to play some games last night.
I wouldn't say you're crazy tho, just more of a believer. Keep going, if your faith by some miracle makes it so that blizzcunt gives a fuck about fixing the game, then you'll be the one to take credit for it.

Level 5
I wouldn't say you're crazy tho, just more of a believer. Keep going, if your faith by some miracle makes it so that blizzcunt gives a fuck about fixing the game, then you'll be the one to take credit for it.

I spoke too soon. For the one praise I gave, it bite me in the ass.

I noticed today that my 1.26 editor stopped responding. It no longer works.
So Reforged not only does it delete maps, overwrite TFT and now breaks legacy editor even when uninstalled? It somehow ruined my legacy editor..
I'm at a loss of words.

For the few hours of fun I had with this, I had weeks of torture and a very stupid broken game.
And now it proper ruined my warcraft experience if I can't fix this shit.

rip my life i thought Reforged would be a seperate game, this "update" ruined everything

^

Level 20
Reforged is officially a malware in my book now.
From what I remember, it's not that Reforged is some kind of malware or that Blizzard tries to screw people over, but that the game simply shares some registry keys with Classic W3, which might cause conflicts if you have both installed.

Adsız.png

Another new post about 'us' from the Blizzard Employee, Reforged is just being criticized because of outrage culture!

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I fail to see how "we" are touched by this line at all.

Also, that is connected to the patch notes of Reforged... how?

You keep posting screenshots from the Hive Discord (I guess it is from there anyway) here, taken
out of context, and attack an employee of Blizzard. That is literally all I see you do in this thread.

I am not happy at all about the current stage of Reforged and its release either but you are just
throwing oil into the fire without making any sense.

Level 5
From what I remember, it's not that Reforged is some kind of malware or that Blizzard tries to screw people over, but that the game simply shares some registry keys with Classic W3, which might cause conflicts if you have both installed.

Actually, that's exactly what happened. Blizzard did try to screw people over.
Maybe it was malicious intent, but important point is that unless you delete "worldedit" cache from registry
legacy editor gets an error.
If you just installed reforged and editor was working fine one second ago, it would no longer run.
You'd be stuck on the reforged editor, which is incompatible with classic editor but has no problem eating up your old maps
and turning them into potential money, if your map goes viral.

Not to mention @Bribe but reforged deleted his custom maps, even when it shouldn't be able to.
Were it not for his warning, I might not have backed up my maps and I hope others.

Blizztard have a lot of coincidences on the list if you ask me.

Another new post about 'us' from the Blizzard Employee, Reforged is just being criticized because of outrage culture!:

Yeah ... they don't care.
They are still blaming us, the fans.

Last edited:
I fail to see how "we" are touched by this line at all.

Also, that is connected to the patch notes of Reforged... how?

You keep posting screenshots from the Hive Discord (I guess it is from there anyway) here, taken
out of context, and attack an employee of Blizzard. That is literally all I see you do in this thread.

I am not happy at all about the current stage of Reforged and its release either but you are just
throwing oil into the fire without making any sense.

How is it unreleated to the topic when the employee calls those critics 'outrage culture' ?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I don't see him calling the critics anything in your quote. I see him talk about this outrage
culture without any context. He could be talking about people hating on football, there is
simply no telling because you posted only this single line.
Please provide the full quote so that people may judge themselves rather than have them
guess and trust your interpretation of this one line.

Level 20
Maybe it was malicious intent, but important point is that unless you delete "worldedit" cache from registry
legacy editor gets an error.
You're not making any sense whatsoever. If you're going to accuse something of being "malware" or a company of trying to screw people, the most important thing you have to prove is the existance of malicious intent as that's literally the defining factor of what you're accusing that thing to be. That's absolutely key here and you can't just skip it, because it's the only thing that can differentiate the whole thing from being a result of incompetence or oversight or whatever. Meanwhile, your main argument seems to be: "I don't know if the malicious intent was there, BUT IT BROKE MY WORLD EDITOR!!!". For starters, how is this even an argument? You can't just repeat the description of the outcome over and over again and hope that somehow that will prove the intention behind that outcome. It doesn't. That's just not how logic works.

The only somewhat reasonable point you make is that they want people to get stuck with Reforged editor, because EULA - and it's a bad argument, because said EULA has pretty much been in place for about a year or even more now. Ask @Shar Dundred if you don't believe me as he was one of the first folks to notice that change back in the day. The logical outcome of that is that if you used the most recent versions of Classic W3 then your stuff already belongs to Blizzard, ergo forcing the Reforged editor on you doesn't change anything in terms of their ownership.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Pretty necessary especially if you read the stuff he said before like 'game is butter smooth for me , it is people's shitty hardware'
The man is a long-time Hive member, the creator of WEX and the author of hive-hosted Sharpcraft project himself. I'm quite sure he's just being sarcastic. Just leave it at that. Except if he's been brainwashed by ActiBlizzard already!

The man is a long-time Hive member, the creator of WEX and the author of hive-hosted Sharpcraft project himself. I'm quite sure he's just being sarcastic. Just leave it at that.

You should check it yourself then and see how he is proud of the product and accepts no criticism about not only Reforged but Blizzard as a whole, yes he is already brainwashed by Blizzard or just sold his soul completely to it

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
yes he is already brainwashed by Blizzard or just sold his soul completely to it
No need to be so melodramatic, you do not talk shit about your employer, that would be plain stupid.
"sold his soul", seriously? Do you read your posts yourself?
It is all blind hate. You may hate the company all you want, don't blame the one employee that you are in a Discord chat with.

No need to be so melodramatic, you do not talk shit about your employer, that would be plain stupid.
"sold his soul", seriously? Do you read your posts yourself?
It is all blind hate. You may hate the company all you want, don't blame the one employee that you are in a Discord chat with.

I don't have a hate against Blizzard, instead I see that when their ceo can atleast give a fake apology when the employee keeps being arrogant and keep up claiming it is just outrage culture and game is flawless and it's just 'people's shitty hardware'

I think you are reading too much into these quotes and consider it more negative than it is meant to be.
He is in that Discord as a private person, not as Blizzard official.

That's why I am not saying 'Blizzard said this to it's consumers' instead their employee acts like this, there is nothing to blame on company because of those words other than the specific Blizzard employee that keeps posting those

@YourArthas if you get him fired, that would be grim for the future of Warcraft III. It's already dreadful.

A 'clean restart' for the Classic's Team as a whole would probably fix alot of stuff as it would mean Blizzard really cares to choose the most competent people for the project this time

But do I believe it will happen? No, project is too small to be saved and Diablo 4 is already getting that threatment instead

Dude, he's been adding new editor stuff since the Classic Team was a baby.

I don't see a point about arguing, you will say he has been adding stuff and I'll say been breaking stuff since 1.29 onwards on a higher than adding level again there is no need to argue.

Deal with your conflicts in private messages, do not try to make it a public witch hunt.

Those are responses made for several people that were giving critics to certain parts of the project on a public discord channel of this website, the users here on the from surely has got the right to see those too if they have missed it.

It's one person voicing his opinion in a public chat. Quit being so dramatic, seriously. If anything you're just proving his point.

Also, the thought that 'negative reactions' will prevent future content from being released is ludicrous. If Blizzard think they can make a profit or benefit in some other way from releasing DLCs or whatever, they will.

Also also, no one here has any insight into the internal workings behind WC3/Reforged, but I'm pretty sure the classic team working on the actual game are the reason for everything good we've gained over the past few years. I'm confident that most if not all the major problems with Reforged are caused by short sighted and out of touch CEOs and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.