1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh can you imagine reaction of my fiance seeing me yesterday all day doing this? She is at work now so she can't see me now. I am also old for this shit, but I cannot resist. I told her that something forced me, stronger than myself. I was silent for too long, I cannot take anymore those corporative fools playing us around. I had to fight them and resist as far I can!

@deepstrasz oh man, they recieved fel from people worldwide... Too much fel from youtube, metascore, social networks.... Even from me here. :cgrin:

Their support is AWESOME! Awesome at banning people. Also they seem to have great knowledge about each subject one asks them
    They are so awesome that they today forced close my ticked without giving me opportunity to defend myself. They try to force me create another ticked, angry one this time around so they can ban me! This time permanently!
    I am strongly resisting that. I wish to create ticket to show them youtube videos, hove, social networks and metascore to prove them that they can't silence me. But we will see. I will not fall into trap this time.

2. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    To everyone defending Blizzard at this point, you don't owe them anything. If you are in the minority that feel ok with Blizzcunt at the moment, good for you. But the majority of your fellow players, 90% of your fellow friends, brothers, are dissapointed. Please take a step back in respect to that, and try to think how you'd feel if you'd be on this side of the fence. Honestly, I wish I was on your side, it wouldn't suck this much.

The truth is, the situation with Deforged is bad. And the way they're handling it is worse. To top it off, our old beloved warcraft 3 is unplayable and gone forever.
    I don't see a silverlining.

3. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    How and why is it unplayable? Just turn it on and play it. From my experience, melee singleplayer games in SD have far less bugs than a couple of previous patches.
    Btw, I'm not defending Blizzard or anyone or anything, or attacking anyone or anything.

4. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah! Truth! Everyone should consider what this man just said!

5. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Read my previous posts, I've written at least 3 big paragraphs about it.

Sadly it's the dark times of warcraft 3 again, where the community will be crushed between Garena, eurobattle.net and other 'private' illigal channels. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the people who were defending Ghost and Gproxy had it right, we were the fools all along.

6. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm a melee player. Top solo in 2011. I cannot play.

- Indistinguishable colors.
    - No algorithm for MatchMaking.
    - It gets bugged when finding a game and forces a restart.
    - No statistics at all.

And the most important for all of us, experienced players:

Absolutely AWFUL performance. Even worse for AMD graphic cards owners.

So no, don't think that if you play melee you are 'saved'.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Of course not.

It's inexcusable regardless. Imagine shipping TfT without the campaign. Of course, they played it ultra smart with the Orc Campaign as it was called Bonus.

Exactly, not even an alleged known issues report.

Poor snowflakes.

Stockholm syndrome.

Warcraft_III_Reforged_Logo.png

8. Xain

Xain

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can I get an unbiased list of whats currently wrong? From what I can tell so far

1. No new voice acting or maps done to fall into compliance with WoW story
    2. No new cutscenes
    3. No Custom Campaigns
    4. New ToS so Blizzard owns your ideas
    5. Buggy

I've also heard that there is bad matchmaking in ranked? Wouldn't that just be because ranked got wiped?
    For me I didn't want 1, didn't have any hopes of 2 happening, 3 sounds like a bummer but will be fixed eventually and 4 is just a dick move. And lastly 5 I'll just drop it for a month and come back to fixes if its somehow unplayable. If this is all the problems then I'll still enjoy Reforged immensely as all I ever wanted was updated graphics and no story changes.

9. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Look at Blizzard, and Metacritic filthy review abuse. So user score for the past 3 days? 0.8 so far. Two reviews from 'Critics' with a 75/100 and 65/100? It will go up to ~70 by default. Cunts. Blizzard could put these resources to fix the damn game, instead they're paying reviewers for even more false advertisement. It's so obvious that it's sickening.

Just go to Metacritic and read them yourselves.
    grey are still not accepted to the metascore, green and yellow are. 4 critic reviews are minimum requirement for a metascore.

10. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    i can give you an unbiased or the current facts to match your question
    1. true
    2. pretty sure is true not all the way through my self yet
    3. we still have the custom campaign folder in our documents, thoughts are its unimplemented for now as is with clans, assume coming at a later point
    4. yes but is not super new since its alrdy like that on sc2 and blizzard isnt the only one, but yes to new to wc3, they dont want a dota repeat
    5. i my self have not uncounted any bugs, there are missing things (clans, custom campaigns, offline that doesnt force bonjour and make it like its lan) theres alot of things being called a bug (like things missing) thats not really a programming bug

for the ladder, ive seen it go from not working (talking to people in wc3 general, in game), to working poorly, and some working fine as far as matchmaking goes, also while stats are not visable to us for now, you can link your old classic wc3 profile to your bnet account, theres a button in the bottom of options, i dont have any info on wiping stats or a fresh start to all

i do like seeing another sound person who understand things will likley be fixed

sorry to hear but its a common trend with amd for years gone by to have more issues

11. FallenStar

FallenStar

Resources:
    Resources:
    They butchered my baby...
    I just came out from the Human Campaign in Reforged with a sour taste in my mouth.

It'll take a long time before they get to fix...everything.
    Damn I didn't expect them to destroy the classic version.

12. Jouven

Jouven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Makes me laugh some users defending that it deserves more than 0 and whatnot (I don't care about metacritic)
    But how many games do you know that:
    1 Destroyed their legacy hard without warning, you can't download the old client or play on the old bnet
    2 Go from 1GB installation to 27GB installation (same with the download, btw is there an offline installer?)
    3 Go from 1GB memory usage to 2GB (or more)
    4 Remove many features
    5 Remove the ability to use third party tools, when in the past they were used for more than 10 years no problem
    6 Downgrade the graphics
    7 Kill the mapping/modding community with the new rules/conditions (also 5)

I don't know of any game-company that has done worse than that, Blizzard has set a new bar of how low a company can go. Short of releasing the game unplayable or just removing the game from their library, Blizzard couldn't have done worse (they probably couldn't do worse because then they couldn't have sold the game)
    The No mans sky comparisons make 0 sense since that game had no legacy plus the game was and is bad, hello games is no Blizzard

I'm/was one of those, been playing with some friends on eurobattle since the removal of the bots patch

I repeat myself for anyone thinking 1.29+ game versions are fine... GL you will need it

13. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't worry, I'm just setting up patch 1.28.5 from eurobattle, and trying ti get the installer to work. I'll get it eventually and join you on the brighter side of the moon.

14. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    haha! You do not give yourself that easy :cgrin:
    I did give myself to them, but they signed contract with devil (doomguard) :cgrin:
    If they play dirty, they have to pay prize. No escape this time!

Oh anyway two more videos

People do not plan to stop!

15. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good ol' warcraft. ahh.. feelsgood.
    feelsgood
    [​IMG]

16. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    im sure ill get some flame at me for doing this, but chaosy has a good outlook on how blizzard does things these days
    my outlook is similar, wc3 is an old game, they launched reforge, the core singleplayer aspect is there, custom games are even working, other things on a delayed release on things should be completely reasonable to anyone, especially those who have been in the blizzard community for a number of years, those who have actually been apart of anything using bnet 2.0, wc3 no longer uses 1.0 so its expected for it to run and update like other bnet 2.0 games

17. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My problem with all of this, is not just the flaws/missing content/bugs/support - but most of all the change to the EULA so Blizzard lays claim to every custom content and idea made for Wc3 and Wc3 reforged (Oh and changing ownership of Wc3 if you update to be a subscribtion, but meh). Anyway, just means I won't be creating content for Wc3 - other than models not personally used for Wc3. A darn shame.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    moderndesperate.png

19. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was extremely hyped about the new models and the modding capabilities they entail but ingame they don't quite gel with the game. I don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is but it's not what I normally expect from Blizzard. I really wish this had a higher budget and an extra year of development. It's obvious the restructuring of Blizzard affected this project. This could have been truly great but for me at least it is so so. I am fortunate enough to not have technical difficulties.

The most disappointing thing is that they ruined classic. They probably made some engine changes necessary to accomodate the new models that had consequences in the classic version. They should really just give a classic version to the players demanding it.

I read in a dev tweet that they are bringing back custom campaigns. I really really wish to make custom campaigns for this. I regret not saving it to show it to others but perhaps someone could link it here.

EDIT: AAAAAaaand now I get a black screen whenever I try to open the game. Great...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  20. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is no different than sc2, it really shouldnt be any surprise