Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Because I have never seen game breaking stuff not be fixed eventually in any game I ever played.

@Trill
    You brought up the "they have worked on it for.." and then you tell me that it is irrelevant.

ok.

2. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    EXACTLY! Just what I think as well.
    I do not get fanboys reacting at as this is something not expected. They are biased and did not see it coming. I saw fiasco from kilometers away. Honestly if is far worse than I though.

Yeah! People should team and lawsuit those corporative asses and end this corporative bullship all around world once and for all! They think that they can do whatever they want because they are billionaires. This is how I look at it, some sort of.

I agree on this one too.

In my time it is called OWNED! or PWNT :cgrin:
    People blasted them on pieces literally on metacritics haha

3. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the main reason people are upset is because they killed off the old client, so people were forced to downgrade from 9/10 to 0.9/10
    metacriticComparison.png

Also, I think calling it an overreaction is subjective.

4. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Chaosy If they cant fix that stuff in over 2 years then how they will fix it in 5 weeks? A lot of these game breaking issues were reported during the start of the beta but they are still here eg black screens and no custom campaigns.
    EDIT:
    This is what happens when Blizzard’s “When It’s Done” becomes Activision’s “Just get sh$t done.” There is no more Blizzard.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  5. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    @Chaosy
    Then you're lucky. 'cos I have.
    And no, I was originally talking that a breaking a fifteen year old game doesn't qualify for "day one" excuse. You brought up time they spent working, I just addressed that.

@Drake53
    Hey, now Warcraft III and Reforged actually add up to 10.0!
    That's what Blizzard were probably going for!
    That's the only rational explanation.

Its not about the game itself, its about sending Blizzard a message.
    Is it wrong for players to give up on a halfway decent game? Not if Blizzard gave up on it themselves.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  6. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I totally agree. Reforged is bad and it deserves a lot of critique and a bad score, but what's happening at metacritic right now is way out of scale. I think what's really going on is that outside of people who give totally legitimate negative reviews, there's also a lot of people who are tanking the rating either a) out of frustration or b) because they like jumping on the hate-wagon or c) to see how far down they can push it for. It's a pretty clear-cut example of "review bombing".

Obviously, the fact that people are doing this to Reforged is definetely indicative of how a big chunk of the playerbase feels about the game, but at this point the score itself is more useful for the memes than the actual representation of community perception.

7. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    9/10 WHOAAAA! What about Frozen Throne?

@Shido oh lady I forgot on moment about you. You are the one posted metacritics score last night saying ,,WE DID IT". So, all praise for you as well, because you are fighting against evil corporation too. :cgrin:

8. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hm, people giving bad scores from different IPs?
    I guess you could say guys do have phones.
    [​IMG]

9. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Essentially this - metacritic score isn't about giving the game an honest rating, i.e. I doubt most people truly feel that Reforged is so horrible that it deserves a < 1.0 score. I think this is about getting the score as low as possible in hopes that Blizzard notices that people aren't happy. Thus, the score itself doesn't really matter outside of memes - what matters is that this bombing is happening at all.

As @Trill said - it's about sending a message, not giving a fair rating.

10. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I would personally give 1 to 2 out of 10. The sheer price just asking for a neck-wrangling with its current state.

Since I don't buy Reforged, at least my complaints at the moment can be taken with a grain of salt. I also don't vote because of that.

I might be hating Reforged, but I ain't ruining it further since it's already pretty down. Personally, as a person with some game development background, I have some wishes for them to realize their mistakes and start fixing things out. Can't hope much since Activision is holding the leash.

11. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    Most people on metacritic are incapable of inputting a score between 0 and 10, they only see the 0 (bad game, not recommended, dislike) and 10 (good game, recommended, like).
    So you should not interpret the 0.9/10 as the actual score, even in its current state it should be 2/10 at least right? The score is more about "90% does not recommend this game", or, as others have said, it's about "sending a message".

12. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I for example never did such thing. I did not rate or downrate this crap of game, even though I understand and support people doing so.
    I fight differently. Just now I had phone call from my fiance while she was at lunch pause. And I told her to write to male emplyess in company about Reforged fiasco and that I strongly advised them not to buy that game.

Do not worry. Fanboys and blizzard's bots and fanatics are calling unimportant people with such statements. You do not want to buy Reforged greatest game ever from greatest company ever? You are not important then! Only our opinions matter. PERIOD :cgrin:

13. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I totally respect that. Just to further clarify - I don't claim that there aren't people who think that the game deserves a 1/10 or 2/10 score. I'm not dismissing those opinions. If someone has a reason to rate the game so low then that's fine. Personally I'd give it about 3/10 in its current form, but if it launched in a less buggy state and without cutting features like custom campaigns or effectively removing the original client, I'd difinetely give it more, probably something like 5/10.

It's not about that, Haosis - it's about basic integrity from the reviewer and here the rules are simple: if you haven't tried the game, you're not really in a position to review it. You're completely free to voice your opinion as to why you didn't buy the game and that should be relevant, but posting a review in such situation just isn't fair. That's not to say that there aren't fanboys and white knights, who dismiss people's opinions even if they are completely legitimate.

14. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    We're all passionate about this and this topic has sparked a huge discussion, but we all still have to wait and see what happens. The people who are unhappy have been able to show their dissatisfaction, and those who are happy have been able to show their appreciation. It is clear that the two groups of satisfied/dissatisfied people aren't gonna change each others minds anytime soon so no reason to fight among ourselves over this.

People who hate it can pirate an earlier version, and those who loves it can keep playing a broken game. More will be unveiled when Blizzard comes with their next official response and/or patch so we all have to wait until then.

15. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    And that is completely fair - if I had some friends who were interested in Warcraft 3, I would also warn them to not buy Reforged. What I am going to do is simply alter my future purchasing habits. I mean, I sometimes play a bit of WoW, so after Reforged being what it is, I'm not going to sub to WoW unless I hear positive reviews of their expansions and/or patches. The same goes for Diablo 4. After Reforged there's no way in hell (pun intended) that I'm going to prepurchase that.

16. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    PEOPLE PURE GOLD PURE GOLD! GUYS !!!
    You wont believe me what just happened!
    I was angry at their response (they simply replied and I broke code of conduct crap and force closed my ticket without possibility to reply) I went on terrace to feed rabbits. And suddenly, out of blue, kid (15 years old) in highschool is coming with group of his friends! He lives in house directly next to mine. They went to play something on his PC. He asked me what I am doing there and how am I and sort of that. I told them that I am annoyed at Blizzard for what they did and such.... Then KIDS APPEAR TO PLAY WOW!!! I did not know this as I never talk about games with them. Pure gold out of sky! They asked me about remaster (thats how they know Reforged). I told them not to buy this game, it is not worth, it is buggy as hell and that it got 1/10 score! They were laughing! Then I told them Blizzard is banning people, even I got banned, they were laughing at that too. They told me ,,Good to know! we wont buy that". Then I told them to share those informations all around high school!
    See? Its not that hard! I predicted many moves but I did not predict to see kid with his friends playing WOW! And appear to be interested in this. But not anymore! :cgrin:

Of course man! I am strongly against writing reviews if people did not play it. But I was talking about people whose already got it and want Refund and got annoyed for reason. I was talking about them that they have full right to write reviews, downrate and and fight greedy corporation as they wish.

17. Shido

Shido

Resources:
    Resources:
    upload_2020-1-31_20-2-43.png
    *pyro studios: i know pal, i know*

18. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, definetely. I'm never going to argue against that :)

19. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Not only "fanboys". Everyone should have seen that coming. I'm absolutely baffled by the completely naive reaction of the community. Everyone who took their time and read one or two sentences about the last patches or the beta should have known that. So i personally am really at loss how everyone reacts. As if this came as a shock for anybody.

Maybe it is just me being to old for this shit. But i sincerly don't understand this people.

My reaction is currently "eh, knew it. Let's wait a month or two". This reminds me so much of "no mans sky".

20. Section

Section

Resources:
    Resources:
    No Man's Sky IMO is pretty much in better condition. The refund policy works at the time. And at least, the core of "procedural generated" space explorer is delivered. and AFAIK there were quick-patches occured.

In W3R, the core is overhaul. We did not expect any extra features or some new story; just remaster. Yet at the launch, some features missing, bug comes in, and aftersales support is contributing to the sh*tshow.

Extra:
    From my region (SEA), none of the regions have good latency (in custom games). All red. Isn't the game hosted on server (not P2P anymore) and relayed to nearest region?