• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
...focus on constructive criticism to actually make the game better...How is fucking it up big time pleasing shareholders? It does not make any sense.
lol, why make the game better? It's blizzards job to do that not ours. They also created this new EULA so we can work for them for free. This EULA will give them free content to sell which they don't deserve lol. We are not gonna do their work for free. Honestly, I have been playing wc3 for over 10+ years and I never found a bug but with wc3 Refunded I found bugs every time I played the game lol
And you don't know how they are making Refunded to please shareholders? Think once again.

Level 7
Yikes! If we could only /Refund

I think you haven't heard about it... Warcraft III: Reforged is the worst game rated by users of HISTORY in Metacritic:

ReforgedMetacritic.png

Would Blizzard have returned the money paid to users if it did not have that rating in Metacritic?... I doubt it.

Also, you are just talking to someone who has NOT bought Reforged but is suffering it, since my original game along with its features and dubbing in my language HAVE DISAPPEARED.

Yikes!

Level 34
lol, why make the game better? It's blizzards job to do that not ours.
Yeah! First time someone mentions that. When I think more, you are absolutely right! They are abusing out mentality that we love game and we work harder and harder while they earn more and more money. And that is not enough, so they started illegally to work.

They also created this new EULA so we can work for them for free.
Even worse! And enraging much more people.

Also, you are just talking to someone who has NOT bought Reforged but is suffering it, since my original game along with its features and dubbing in my language HAVE DISAPPEARED.
disappeared, but you got crap in return!
But do not despair! They fill HOPEFULLY fix game ONE DAY IN FUTURE. Maybe.

Level 4
The game has been unplayable for a loooong time. That is not new either. You can keep ranting. They are working on the game, that is good enough for me.

You guys must have been really stupid to not have seen this coming.

Level 18
Not so breaking news: On discord 'the blizzard employee'(you know who he is) is defending how good is the chromium based menu they made for Reforged(which drains your ram and not to mention how limited it is) compared to old menu.
This has to be a joke. Screenshot as proof since I don't use discord plz.

Level 34
Also it is epic that all the 'but new ui is better' thing stopped when Retera's epic message arrived
And whose are those people? I know Arachon from here, but rest I do not know. Is anyone working for Blizzard?

Especially the removal of the custom campaign menu. How could we have been so stupid not to foresee this?
Yeah. Nobody could see that coming.
Like I told, I know that this will be shit, I just did not know that this will be that large shit, outsmelling all previous shits. :cgrin:

Level 18
Level 8
They probably planning subscription like fallout 76 has :)
For every month you pay, you get your precious button back, if you want save money pay 99 a year, it´s a deal!

EDIT:
Alfa, beta, omega, lalalala or final product? Hi, I am Blizzard unfortunately shareholders gave me many dioptres so I do not see difference.

Last edited:
Level 20
Nobody could see that coming.
I hate to be that guy, but:

2) Anyone else noticed that the beta UI has no "Custom Campaign" section? Can anyone confirm that the campaign editor is even in the Beta WE?

I sure hope that the custom campaign option is hidden somwhere in the currently disabled campaign menu, because if they removed/disabled custom campaigns in Reforged then to me that's even bigger issue than the great cutscene removal of 2019.

Source: 1.32.0.4 BETA NOTES

:p

And whose are those people? I know Arachon from here, but rest I do not know. Is anyone working for Blizzard?

Yeah. Nobody could see that coming.
Like I told, I know that this will be shit, I just did not know that this will be that large shit, outsmelling all previous shits. :cgrin:

Disassociated is the Blizzard employee, he is in love with his company and bans people that says anything negative :)

Level 34
Level 16
Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

Blue Post

Hail War3 Players,
"First off, we want to say we’re sorry to those of you who didn’t have the experience you wanted, and we’d like to share our plans for what’s coming next."

What they mean is: I'm sorry you feel that way (but it's your fault). Let me tell you (force you) how to feel better.

Both of those statements are used in abusive relationships, where one partner is the narcissist and the other the submissive masochist. You can guess which one Blizzard is, but tell me if you want to continue on this relationship, or man up, and face it that this isn't true love, and maybe has never been.

It's ridiculous that this is the 'official' statement. It feels like it's written by an intern who only read (forced to read) 2 books in their entire life.

With this reply, Blizzard sealed their fate in my eyes. G G

Level 10
Hence my comment I am kind of done with it. I Mean other than them coming crawling back to me offering the game for 75% off and all the features I originally wanted sure. Or asking me to join their dev team and leading their efforts.

The fact is this game was made very lazily

I did some research into the models and i found out.... they have copied and pasted unit animations for the same attacks, which makes all the units look extremely boring. Combat is now not as visceral because the combat is just the same 2 animations over and over again, (base warcraft 3 had 3 animations each, for that third animation they copied and pasted 1st attack to the third)

Yeah that speaks volumes to me.

Level 34
they have copied and pasted unit animations for the same attacks, which makes all the units look extremely boring. Combat is now not as visceral because the combat is just the same 2 animations over and over again
I think that I heard they said that they had to do it to prevent desynchronization, and to be compatible with classics. That is why every unit must have same attack rate, frames, and such.
But I told what I heard, not that this was necessarily. You are game designer, you probably know better.

Level 34
So which version of warcraft 3 "old" should we be sticking to? My main client got upgraded to classic and the lan copy backup I have is 1.27, I'm guessing it will be one of the 1.29, 1.30, 1.31 or 1.32 right?
You asked nice question. I got copy of 1.21, then upgraded it too 1.23 or 24, and lately to 1.26. I will stick it for now. But let others tell you better option

Level 11
You asked nice question. I got copy of 1.21, then upgraded it too 1.23 or 24, and lately to 1.26. I will stick it for now. But let others tell you better option
Hopefully one of the latest ones since they have widescreen support and 24 player maps.

I haven't touched the editor (or the game in general) in years, so I'm hoping hive will declare which version to invest your time and hard drive space to. :smile:

Level 34
Hopefully one of the latest ones since they have widescreen support and 24 player maps.
Oh I stick to older version because they moved to CASC files and some new systems. I was perfectly fine with older versions as I were doing single player only. in Hive here is widescreen fix tool so I did not have problem with that. But yes, there were 24 players in newer version, I think it is after 1.28 but cannot remember correctly.

Level 14
most of the modern popular campaigns need 1.29 - 1.30 i honestly had minimal issues with 1.31.1 and i think thats what malfurions quest is using and still in development along with OutsiderXEs projects soooo that one

They said that they are going to release the patch towards the end of this week.
yeah im HOPING this getts rid of the ugly shadows and colors the bugged classic with / fixes the BROKEN hero inventories, and for the love of god adds custom campaign and single player offline map functionality.

THEN WE CAN START talking about reforge being a reliable platform moving forward. I mean

This should of been the FIRST thing implemented when they started developing the new client seriously.

Level 10
I think that I heard they said that they had to do it to prevent desynchronization, and to be compatible with classics. That is why every unit must have same attack rate, frames, and such.
But I told what I heard, not that this was necessary. You are a game designer, you probably know better.

Yeah, I am not sure in that regard if they said it is to prevent that then why use the same animations? You could make far better animations, right now the entirety of the animations are really goofy for these ultra-realistic models. Like the weight and secondary actions for the Mountain King just feel off there is no weight behind each of the actions of the movement. If you study just a brief amount of animation you know that the model animation is capped, so the rest of the game is at 60 fps but the models are capped at 24 fps. Which causes this clunky look.

Not having three animations is kind of boring and if they weren't able to work out a solution tells me they were pressed for time.
Attack Rate and frames are a bit dumb they could've increased the frame rate for the models and it wouldn't of made either worse and would've increased combat speed. Which honestly this game needs, an average game of wc3 is nearly twice the length of a starcraft match. The fact they capped models at 24 fps makes them all feel clunky and we can see in certain cinematics how everything feels kind of dull?

Not to mention they made certain cinematics worse than the original? This is seen Jaboyrinos playthrough when he is at dagger cap bay, there are just two random explosions that happen next to Arthas and he turns and then sound says "WHO IS THAT?" except the audio is muffled. Fucking hell the audio in this game is such crap the riflemen don't make their firing noise and just make a random explosion noise. When in the original cinematic its riflemen shooting at peasants and they all sound correct. Where the camera intentionally HIDES the riflemen from view in the original, now they are shown completely off ruining the entirety of the surprise! So fuck me I guess? Someone couldn't be bothered to learn basic film making techniques like tension and using your camera to intentionally hide things?

Then we have other animation states that just feels off. There is so much fucking wrong.

But not having additional animation states and copy-pasting the same animation to what should be new... Speaks to me they didn't have enough time to make an additional one. Which sucks cause seeing a repeating animation is just lazy.

Last edited:
Level 20
What they mean is: I'm sorry you feel that way (but it's your fault). Let me tell you (force you) how to feel better.
Agreed, but I don't think it was due to someone being incompetent. Quite the contrary, actually. I think the statement looks the way it looks is because it was run through the legal department that made sure that it doesn't say anything that could be interpreted as Blizzard taking responsibility for anything.

Level 5
How do you mean?

PM for more.

Yeah. Bu to correct myself in case that somebody did not understand me well, I did not complain against KILLCIDE to Ralle. I sent PM to Ralle before KILLCIDE even posted here, because somebody already dragged Ralle into this thread, so I had to prepare man. But he was Okay with it.
KILLCIDE few minutes ago told me that we can complain and riot against Blizzard, but we should remain civil (not to bash each other as before).
So yeah. LET THE WITCH HUNT CONTINUE :cgrin:
They brought this to themselves!

I brought a grinding stone to sharpen all of yah pitchforks!
Well, I hope nobody calls out shills or fanboys then, cuz if anyone is gonna protect
Blizzard, it better be about something OTHER than reforged.

So people keep saying. And then they say it again. And again. And again.

You know who actually stays gone? People who don't keep saying they are.

Honestly guys, your week long pitchfork rally is getting tiresome to read. It's been the same thing for forty pages.

Yes the game is a massive pile of shit, yes people have every right to be pissed off.

But maybe cut back a bit on the tantrum already and leave the space open for posts that are actually useful.

Hey bud, you look a little down. Why don't I sharpen that pitchfork for you while you
drink down this barrel of ale?

Also stop reading threads if they piss you off.

Players: I dearly hope there is a special place in bankruptcy waiting for you Blizzard.
Blizzard: We may never know. I intend on pleasing shareholders forever.

Sad part is, Bobby boy won't go down with his millions and millions in CEO bonuses.
He won't go down. Blizztard might, and that might suck for everyone.

Pretty much this.

This community is a bunch of testoteenagers. Yes we get the point guys. Now can we focus on constructive criticism to actually make the game better? Grow up. Give it some weeks, get some vitamin D, it`s good for the mood.

Idk whats worse, reforged or this thread.

Edit:

Reforged is worse. Way worse.

Edit: unless you have some new issues.

Well yesterday my issue was Bobby Kotick. Today, my issue is Bobby Kotick.
That's technically a new issue.

I also played the game back in the days. I am one of those people you are talking about. I believe that is exactly why I don`t lose my mind. It`s just a game, right. I think they will fix it. A bad release is nothing new, its how its done these days. I think this game will be enjoyed some time in the future, maybe even this year. I have plenty of things to do in my life, it`s not the end of the world.

The whole "its just a game" is tiresome indeed.
Tell me, do you pay your electricity bills so that your power is turned off?
By the same logic, do you buy games that you know are crap now and might not be in the future?

I'd hope not on both accounts.

I agree - I don't like this modern trend of treating games as a service, i.e. SELLING unfinished and buggy products that MAYBE will get fixed later. It's this attitude that gave us such marvels as Fallout 76, Anthem and now also Reforged.

Reforged has to work really really hard, attend sunday school, go to church, get spanked when naughty
for a solid period of time now BEFORE it can even be compared to Fallout 76. Even failthesda has standards.

Conformist Player N#01

I am sure that you are able to eat a plate of shit made by Blizzard for dinner, go to sleep and think "well, let's see if LUCKLY they change the menu tomorrow"...

This is not about "losing minds", or that "it is just a game", or thinking that "they will fix it" or have "other things to do in life".

This is about a usury company abusing users to unsuspected limits, laughing in our fucking face while charging 35/45 € for a non-existent product since the announcement of the game using bad arts and deceptive advertising.

But hey! Keep complaining about people who are pissed off about feeling scammed...

"A bad release is nothing new, its how its done these days"

WOW! This has been the icing on the cake, you make me sick.

This! ^

I think you haven't heard about it... Warcraft III: Reforged is the worst game rated by users of HISTORY in Metacritic:

Can you believe Day 1: Garry's Incident (the one that copyright striked Total Biscuit god bless his soul)
is now BETTER than reforged?

GARRY ' S FUCKING INCIDENT IS BETTER THAN REFORGED!

What do you think, are we getting a patch tonight? Or tomorrow night?

Who cares, we're having a witch hunt.
Besides, why are you waiting? Warcraft is dead.
Get your usb drive, install the really old version you got, play it with friends, LAN!

Both of those statements are used in abusive relationships, where one partner is the narcissist and the other the submissive masochist. You can guess which one Blizzard is, but tell me if you want to continue on this relationship, or man up, and face it that this isn't true love, and maybe has never been.

It's ridiculous that this is the 'official' statement. It feels like it's written by an intern who only read (forced to read) 2 books in their entire life.

With this reply, Blizzard sealed their fate in my eyes. G G

Its okay. Its why we are here. Blizzard let us all down.
Its time we all let Blizzard down for once.

So which version of warcraft 3 "old" should we be sticking to? My main client got upgraded to classic and the lan copy backup I have is 1.27, I'm guessing it will be one of the 1.29, 1.30, 1.31 or 1.32 right?

1.26 is my personal favorite and the best stable version that I've been playing for a decade and half.

My man.

Level 34
PM for more.
So, we are getting secret meeting? I like spooky things, count me in :cgrin:

Bobby Kotick
Is he some of Blizzard's main people? I heard that name quite times recently.

Its okay. Its why we are here. Blizzard let us all down.
Its time we all let Blizzard down for once.
Finally! I am for it. Whenever it is taking down of evil corporations, I am for it!

Yeah! There are many of us fighting those greedy people. Somebody must stop them once and show them that thievery, abusing and deceiving is not worth anymore.

Level 34
Some random dude being the source of the mess. To be specific, CEO of Activision Blizzard
OH! CHIEF OF THIS ALL! Main reason of why is this all happening. First sign of Blizzard's falling apart. Hand of stealing and destruction! In one word: Lucifer of corporations... Ladies and gentleman it is him. :cgrin:
You just need to look at that face and all is clear. You can see dollars in his eyes shining!

Level 10
I do not understand... What are those maps he was talking about?

Wait so does this mean that blizzard games are now all those really horrible terrible games? Why didn't they write a clause that only went into effect for all games developed after reforge's release?

I mean at this point I hope thats what it means cause that is obviously kind of funny.

BREAKING NEWS: NEW BLIZZARD GAMES--dont miss it

EHhhh no I don't like this guy, but there is one salient point

Blizzard does now own a few really horrible games. That and all the pron that was made in 2006 - 2009. So does blizzard claim that those are now their property too? If so I think they should revisit their terms....

Level 4
The whole "its just a game" is tiresome indeed.
Tell me, do you pay your electricity bills so that your power is turned off?
By the same logic, do you buy games that you know are crap now and might not be in the future?

Blizzard let us all down.

If the power is turned off there is no power to even pay for. Where I come from you pay for the power you use, not the power you dont use.

If the power is BAD, really really BAD, like reforged. I`d get a refund, which I did. With all these thousands of refunds, they will be forced to fix the game. Thats my thought.

I`m going back to an earlier version.

Last edited:
Level 16
@Everyone

It brings tears in my eyes to see how the focus shifted to solution finding instead of more complaint. After the obvious second let down from official Blizzard ofc.

So after reading everything, I saw that some wanted 1.26 some earlier or later patches.

My opinion is, we should stick with the newer 1.29+, because of the addition to gameplay.
-24 player
-widescreen
-better b.net support (idk how this will be possible, but if some private pvpgn servers can do it, Hive can do it too)
-other changes.
I understand this patch introduced some changes to balance, but that's something I'm willing to let slide for the sake of the above.

For modding we stick with patches 1.26/1.27 since it's easier to work with the Editor, and then we can ofc just update the maps to the newer patches as we go along.

But I am no expert in this matter so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Level 10
why don't they cap frost wyrm and flying units in general? Right now people just spam the hell out of them in melee at least.

I think the first thing they need to do is remove the FPS cap on the models and go back to the animation department fire the lead animator and work on it. These are abysmal animations and unacceptable from a triple A company.

Community Sourced List of Removed and Missing Features from Warcraft III: Reforged

By the way here is a list of removed features

So yeah the fun continues!

Removed Features from Reforged compared to The Frozen Throne
  • Custom Campaigns
  • Player Profiles
  • Cross-region play for Custom Games
    • With the recent updates to Battle.net in recent years, Blizzard enabled cross-region play, allowing players from all regions to play together. Removing this reduces the number of available custom games at a time.
  • Clans
  • Ladder
  • Tournament Mode
  • Original Battle.net Chat System
    • Warcraft 3 chat system was similar to IRC, with support for slash commands and custom chat rooms.
  • Classic Graphics in Reforged Polishing Issues
    • SD models in the Reforged client are having issues like missing shadows, bad saturation, missing effects, among others.
  • Reign of Chaos Campaign now uses The Frozen Throne balance.
    • Since you were required to play Reign of Chaos to play its campaign, the unit balance from that game was retained at the campaign, which doesn't happen now. Possibly making missions easier or maybe even harder.
Extra Features Possible in TFT and Impossible in Reforged
In line with the IRC-style chat, TFT allowed bots to host custom game rooms and offered a robust API that developers could use to enhance the game experience which isn't present in reforged. Below are the features that these Battle.net bots provided and aren't present in Reforged.
  • Game Reconnection via GProxy
  • Extra stability and reduced latency
  • Online Lobby List
  • Protection against hacks and maphacks.
  • Automatic replay saving and easy online sharing.
  • Competitive Custom Games
    • Auto-balance and matchmaking based on ELO for specific custom maps was possible due to bots controlling which players were in each team.
  • Ability to kick/ban trolls
    • While you still have the ability to ban players, but in TFT the use of bots allowed players to have shared banlists.
Cut Features from Reforged
On top of the features lost with Reforged, there are also the features from it that Blizzard promised and ended up not delivering.
  • Campaign Overhaul to Match Chronicles
    • The removal of this feature was announced a couple of months ago.
  • Improved Cutscenes
    • Originally Blizzard promised to improve cutscenes, with dynamic camera angles, new voice acting, and more. Ended up cutting it all.
  • Player Choice to play old or new campaign
    • With the changes to the campaign scrapped, there was no point in having this option.

Level 4
why don't they cap frost wyrm and flying units in general? Right now people just spam the hell out of them in melee at least.

I think the first thing they need to do is remove the FPS cap on the models and go back to the animation department fire the lead animator and work on it. These are abysmal animations and unacceptable from a triple A company.

Community Sourced List of Removed and Missing Features from Warcraft III: Reforged

By the way here is a list of removed features

So yeah the fun continues!

Removed Features from Reforged compared to The Frozen Throne
  • Custom Campaigns
  • Player Profiles
  • Cross-region play for Custom Games
    • With the recent updates to Battle.net in recent years, Blizzard enabled cross-region play, allowing players from all regions to play together. Removing this reduces the number of available custom games at a time.
  • Clans
  • Ladder
  • Tournament Mode
  • Original Battle.net Chat System
    • Warcraft 3 chat system was similar to IRC, with support for slash commands and custom chat rooms.
  • Classic Graphics in Reforged Polishing Issues
    • SD models in the Reforged client are having issues like missing shadows, bad saturation, missing effects, among others.
  • Reign of Chaos Campaign now uses The Frozen Throne balance.
    • Since you were required to play Reign of Chaos to play its campaign, the unit balance from that game was retained at the campaign, which doesn't happen now. Possibly making missions easier or maybe even harder.
Extra Features Possible in TFT and Impossible in Reforged
In line with the IRC-style chat, TFT allowed bots to host custom game rooms and offered a robust API that developers could use to enhance the game experience which isn't present in reforged. Below are the features that these Battle.net bots provided and aren't present in Reforged.
  • Game Reconnection via GProxy
  • Extra stability and reduced latency
  • Online Lobby List
  • Protection against hacks and maphacks.
  • Automatic replay saving and easy online sharing.
  • Competitive Custom Games
    • Auto-balance and matchmaking based on ELO for specific custom maps was possible due to bots controlling which players were in each team.
  • Ability to kick/ban trolls
    • While you still have the ability to ban players, but in TFT the use of bots allowed players to have shared banlists.
Cut Features from Reforged
On top of the features lost with Reforged, there are also the features from it that Blizzard promised and ended up not delivering.
  • Campaign Overhaul to Match Chronicles
    • The removal of this feature was announced a couple of months ago.
  • Improved Cutscenes
    • Originally Blizzard promised to improve cutscenes, with dynamic camera angles, new voice acting, and more. Ended up cutting it all.
  • Player Choice to play old or new campaign
    • With the changes to the campaign scrapped, there was no point in having this option.

This my friend, is a quality post!

Level 10
So a big problem is that there is no votekick option which is kind of standard procedure for online games. And this game now lacks that option....

Something I think is missing is that I don't think it shows how populated a game is?

Oh my favorite bit I don't think you can set control bindings? Like custom ones? So If I am left handed I think I am screwed? Well heres the trick: Warcraft 3 Reforged: How to change keyboard shortcuts - Millenium

Derp I guess.

Then I think another one that I remember is you can't turn off shadows on base classic, you have to go to reforged mode turn it off there and then switch back to classic. Which is pointlessly complicated.

Last edited:
Level 9
I do not understand... What are those maps he was talking about?
These maps were made by some people using the Reforged 1.32 WE for Blizzard as Blizzard has used the new EULA to claim the all maps made with the Reforged Editor. Blizzard really wants these maps to be their copyright? The EULA shows yes they are the owners of these maps so they are responsible for these maps not the authors lol. Its so bad that if @Shar Dundred will make an Arkain campaign with the Refunded WE then Blizz will get all the copyright of the story from him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.