1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32.3 PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1.32.3 PATCH NOTES

Kaivax said: blizzarrow.gif

Zug Zug!
    Just a quick note to let everyone know that we have a dedicated team here focused on Warcraft III. Alongside our continued efforts to bring monthly patches with bug fixes and quality of life changes, the team is prioritizing delivering features like Ranked Ladders, Profiles, Clans, and Custom Campaigns. We’ll continue to share more details as those features are nearing release, but know we’re here and hard at work on the game.

Warcraft III Reforged Version 1.32.3
    Patch Notes
    March 18, 2020

Art

• Naga units now have footprints in Reforged mode.
    • Random items placed using the unit palette will no longer be invisible in game.
    • Fixed animation issues with the Naga Sea Witch’s Tornado spell.
    • Magtheridon will now animate correctly when its movement speed is slowed.
    • Death Knights have been scaled down to be the correct size in Reforged mode.
    • Fixed an issue where buildings that were unsummoned mid-upgrade could sometimes visually persist in-game, in Reforged mode.
    • Guard Dog critters will no longer be invisible in Classic mode.
    • Fixed a bug where if a Demon Hunter died in demon form, the revive icon would be the demon form icon.
    • Added the autocast frame to the Firelord’s Incinerate ability.
    • Selection circles for all the neutral ground units has been properly adjusted to fit around the unit.
    • The Blademaster’s attack animations have been updated to have less horizontal movement in Reforged mode, making it more consistent to interact with.
    Audio

• Fixed an issue that was causing certain Reforged combat sounds to be used while in Classic mode.
    • Fixed an issue where Meat Wagons sometimes did not properly play their death sounds in Reforged mode.
    Campaign

• Priests and Sorceresses no longer use their blood elf model during cutscenes in “March of the Scourge” in Reforged.
    • Player heroes will always be selected when loading from sub-maps to the main map of “To Tame a Land” in Reforged.
    • Fixed a bug that could block progress in Gazlow’s quest in “To Tame a Land” where in certain situations the Sappers could not target the support columns.
    • “A New Power in Lordaeron” no longer has city gates preventing the AI from attacking the player.
    • Blood Elf Archers and Swordsmen command card icons in the Curse of the Blood Elves Campaign have been updated to have green eyes.
    • Blood Elf Lieutenants in “The Dungeons of Dalaran” now use the correct command card icon.
    Custom Games

• Smoothed the menu transition when exiting a custom lobby
    • Fixed an issue that was causing item stacking to break certain custom games.
    Editor

• Fixed an issue that was causing item stacking to not trigger item-pickup events in scripting.
    Gameplay

• Fixed an issue that could cause bridges to desync when a client with Reforged graphics played with another on Classic graphics.
    • When using custom hotkeys, Warcraft III Reforged will now also check a user’s keyboard locale layout in-game, in addition to English. This enables the usage of non-English characters in CustomKeys.txt.
    • The selection volume for units affected by Cyclone and Tornado spells is now more accurate.
    • Fixed a bug where debug text would appear when using certain abilities in some locales.
    • Corrected the Necromancer Initiate tooltip to mention Raise Dead instead of Cripple.
    • Doodads with invalid/not-found model path will be invisible in game now instead of shown as a green box. They are still shown as a green box in the editor.
    Graphics

• Improved performance when using terrain-deforming abilities in Reforged mode.
    • Fixed an issue that caused flickering for some effects when viewed through fog of war in Reforged mode.
    Non-Ladder Maps

• Fixed an issue with some creeps that was causing them to be invisible on Jungle Fever and Rice Fields.
    User Interface

• Fixed an issue on ultrawide screen displays that caused menus to be misaligned.
    Versus

• Fixed item tables for certain creeps on Timbermaw Hold and Market Square.
      • Kobold Geomancers now drop a Level 1 Powerup on Market Square.
      • Satyr camps guarding gold mines now drop a Level 3 Permanent and Level 2 Powerup on Timbermaw Hold.
      • Dragon camps now also drop a Level 2 Powerup on Timbermaw Hold.
    • The following maps have been reactivated on ladder: Ruins of Stratholme (3v3), Banewood Bog LV (4v4), and Fountain of Manipulation (FFA).

2. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    woah exactly what everyone needed right now!

3. tlstkwjr

tlstkwjr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still NO SHADOW IN SD MOD
    wtf...

4. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Resources:
    Resources:
    These are all good changes, obviously all are low hanging fruit changes so no calming for the troubled fan base so far.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ? they mean traces, I hope.

Classic fixes and updates in tandem?

6. InsaneMonster

InsaneMonster

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. Damage

Damage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Still no fix for duplicate looping sounds on special effects like Warstomp..
    Nor a fix for missing models listed in the Editor (Faerie Dragon projectile for example).

... which have both been reported issues since the first beta.

And while we're at it, the Skull of Guldan's Death animation was deleted, so it doesn't explode any more. A lot of maps I've seen use that effect for a "green fire" explosion, and now it just dumps a big glowing rock on the floor for about 8 seconds instead.

8. Jarrin Derrick

Jarrin Derrick

Resources:
    Resources:
    A rather small collection of modest changes, bugs that frankly should have never been on a "full-game" release.

Pathetic.

9. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Every Naga is issued two copies of Wirt's legs to leave footprints with.

10. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it's time to start ignoring them. They will be fixing these minor bugs slowly; it will take months till they start working on new features (which actually are not fucking new) like ladder and other stuff.
    So yeah, the short term solution is to ignore them and build in parallel just like this developer is doing here: http://w3champions.com/

Fuck THEM. Lets demonstrate the world we can do BETTER.

11. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another bug fixing patch, the third in two months since the game has released.

A game that was broken and unfinished on release, and only three minor patches. I was really excited when they announced Reforged back at Blizzcon 2018, I was very dissapointed at Blizzcon 2019, I got sad cause the Beta was really bad and only recived a few builds, I wasn't quite dissapointed by the release cause I knew what was coming, but I still hoped that they'll fix it eventually, but I got dissapointed for the second time with the lack of patches, patching being weeks away from one another and only fixing a few bugs each. This time, for the first time, I just didn't care, and the thing that no people are commenting both here and on official forums shows that most people feel like me, they just don't care anymore. I'll just go out and say it, even if they manage to fix it all and re add the old features, the game will never be as polished and as bugless as it was before Reforged, and thus to me it will never be as fun or as entertaining as it was. Yep, the game is dead!

At least they said they're working to implement the missing features, I guess that's something :/

12. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    When we can expect agressive patch, the one that fix major stuff ?

I can not believe that art changes considering designs is over...What a shame

13. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    At least it's good to see that they're working on adding custom campaigns back, that's the one thing I've been expecting.

14. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    they have never said they're working on it, they said "delivering"

15. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Knowing modern Blizzard, "aggressive" patch will be full of namecalling and accusations towards fanbase.

16. xxxhs

xxxhs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you "Archian" for the Wc3 Patch Notes update post. I really appreciate it because sometimes the battlenet client logs me out of my account and says I am offline and unable to view the patch notes regarding Reforged.

17. berato

berato

Resources:
    Resources:
    meh,.. still nothing

18. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    There was a Blood Elf Archer?

19. OutsiderXE

OutsiderXE

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This should have been the time when we get excited about NEW things, and not hoping they would bring back the old features... Anyway, I am glad they at least mentioned custom campaigns through their official channel - even though it seems that it is at the bottom of their list.

20. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was wondering the same thing: are there alternate models for archer / priest / sorceress (back when we had RoC/TfT version of them)? I don't seem to be able to display them.

EDIT: Looking forward custom campaign and real classic / reforged compatibility.

Also custom name bug fix.

EDIT2: Ok, all you have to do to get the alternate priest and sorceress model is to open the model field and validate (on these units).

Demolisher and Flying Machine do not have an alternate model unfortunately.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020