• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.4 PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.32.4 PATCH NOTES

Blizzard said: blizzarrow.gif

Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes
Version 1.32.4
April 28, 2020

ART

• All Melee units and buildings have received a team color polish pass to increase vibrancy and gameplay readability.
  • Female Demon Hunter scaled up to match closer with Male Demon Hunter’s silhouette.
  • Waterfall changed to use Replaceable Textures. Its tint automatically adjusts in game based on the map tileset.
  • Visual effect used for the first stage of buildings damage changed from smoke to fire for better readability.
  • Adjusted fire visual effects placements on the Townhall, Keep, and Castle for added readability during their damaged states.
  • Northrend Trees have been updated to match Classic visuals. There are now four visually distinctive tree wall sets:
    • Northrend Icy Tree Wall
    • Northrend Tree Wall
    • Snowy Tree Wall
    • Scorched Tree Wall
  • Footprints have been updated for the following groups:
  • Trolls have their own unique footprint.
  • Undead units with missing footprints are now fixed.
  • Vehicles now have continuous rolling footprint.
  • Fixed an issue with the Female Demon Hunter’s hero icon appearing incorrectly when disabled while in Demon form.
  • Tuskarr Trapper now throws his own spear when attacking.
  • Portrait animations have been updated for the following units: Peasant, Sorceress, High Elf, Lich, Dreadlord, Balnazzar, Mal’ganis, Keeper of the Grove, Night Elf Runner, Cenarius, Illidan (Demon Form), Tree of Life, Tree of Ages, Tree of Eternity, and their corrupted counterparts.
  • Reduced Violence updates:
  • Female Death Knight updated with correct visual effects for spell casting.
  • Ogre Magi no longer disappears in the middle of its attack animations.

CUSTOM GAMES

• Single Player mode has been re-enabled. This can be accessed from its own Create Games section in the Main Menu.
  • Fixed multiple crashes on custom games such as Custom Hero Survival.
  • Several fixes have been applied to Instance API natives related to unit attacks.
  • Blizzard.j and common.j are no longer considered when computing save checksums.

EDITOR

• The “Export All” option in the Asset Manager now functions correctly.

GAMEPLAY

• Destructibles flagged as “Walkable” no longer cause desyncs between Classic and Reforged.
  • Reforged Troll mercenary unit selection circles are now smaller and more aligned with Classic.
  • All Neutral unit selection circles now properly match the Reforged unit models.
  • Creep camps are easier to see on the minimap.
  • Permanent morphing units, such as the Obsidian Statue, will no longer briefly display their disabled morph ability icon while transforming.

GRAPHICS

• Game lighting adjusted to improve Reforged readability and colors.

SOUND

• Doom Guards now have the correct sound effects for their air and ground attacks.
  • Forest, Dark, and Ice Troll Trappers will no longer play the Berserk sound effect when casting Ensnare in Reforged mode.
  • Alchemist facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.
  • Flesh Golem facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.

USER INTERFACE

• Sepia tone backgrounds in Classic mode have been reverted.
  • The “Use Command Button for Hotkeys” on Mac now functions as expected.

April 29, 2020

BUG FIXES

• Fixed a bug that caused Multiplayer win totals for Collections to be set to zero.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented players in some regions from joining custom games.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented players in some regions from starting any game.
  • Single player custom games can again be created in the Russian locale.
  • Reduced Violence Mode is again enabled where required.

Last edited:
Single Player mode has been re-enabled. This can be accessed from its own Create Games section in the Main Menu.
They're making progress, I'll give them that (even though I shouldn't really be saying that about a function that was there initially). If this also applies to custom campaigns then I'd say it's a good step in the right direction.

Level 4
Should I update to the latest patch (only Classic TFT)? I have 2 versions running as of yet, a 1.26 for old custom campaigns and a 1.31.1 for new ones. If I update to 1.32 will it fudge up the registry? Also can i run custom mods like Rebirth on the latest patches?

Still no custom campaigns :/ was hoping this would be the patch, ah well, hopefully next patch especially if they've added single player with this one.

Like others have said its a good step in the right direction. I hope reforged gets up to standard before the entire community gets fed up as if most of it isn't already.

Level 20
Does somebody know what the implications of this are?
You can freely use custom versions of those files for 'global functions' now is my guess, provided the game no longer trips over having a custom one loaded up per game anymore.

Should I update to the latest patch (only Classic TFT)? I have 2 versions running as of yet, a 1.26 for old custom campaigns and a 1.31.1 for new ones. If I update to 1.32 will it fudge up the registry? Also can i run custom mods like Rebirth on the latest patches?
Just checked, the new patch doesn't fix anything about this.

I've noticed a different behaviour on the walking units... now they move faster in game. Like, much faster. This applies for all units with the cinematic tag attached to them. Don't know if it's a bug or intended fix, there is no reference about it in the patch notes.

Edit: I opened a bug report thread, hoping it is an unintended behaviour and they fix it :p

Edit 2.0: I fixed the bug by editing the gameplay constants. They set for some reason the minimum speed to 150 instead of 100 or lower, preventing all walking animations to work properly. The problem was not in the animation speed itself but in the movement speed. Amazing how they overlooked something like that. I bet this will make many maps with custom speed not work anymore!

Last edited:
Level 12
I've been checking Hive daily in hopes to see this topic and bask my eyes in the "custom campaigns" option being re-enabled for players, but seems like I am up for another long wait. At least I am happy to see they have added the single player option back on, it's at least something.

Level 3
Perfomance seems to be getting better and single player mode for those who use to test is great. That said, this comes with 2 big downsides
Lobby seems to be bugged, can't see games that are created by friends but can join them with invitation or with friend list (sometimes friend list doesn't even work).
The melee stats being lost

Level 16
Thanks for the update, I'm afraid it's still shit, though. Keep going Blizzard.

Very little of substance in this patch... adding back singleplayer and fixing the walkable destructable desync are the two main points.

Still no fix for shadows in SD mode. :ogre_rage:
All I read, too.

Single player is back! One step closer on the long, treacherous march to get back to "Zero"!
I can only hope that after ground zero, there will be more to look forward to. But hope is a big word in this case.

Level 12
LAN setting is good enough for testing your multiplayer maps, at least.

Indeed, though from what I managed to figure out you need to be in offline mode at the moment in order to access it. I suppose they have just recently added that and will hot fix it in future update, but yeah.

Level 12
I still don't get why I can't see some models on some maps...seems a patch bug because I could see them before the last patch, in which at some point for some reason I couldn't see them anymore.

I've had the same issue as well. Imported models have gone missing when testing in game, whereas they show properly in the editor.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Ok... I've found something very weird and that never happened before. Apparently if you create special effects at a point some models just purely don't work on there. Tried the dispel magic target and feral spirit, neither work on that action, but they do work "create special effects on unit". Tested this when pressing esc for showing the sfxs.

Attachments

• ModelTest.w3m
    17.7 KB · Views: 42
Level 18
Very little of substance in this patch... adding back singleplayer and fixing the walkable destructable desync are the two main points.

Still no fix for shadows in SD mode. :ogre_rage:

Things that are broken on my WIP map that is in SD:
Custom unit shadows.
Water looks worse near the shores (somehow the transparency or whatever effect that was near the terrain is gone, and the water itself is more transparent which makes tiles below it be seen where they couldn't before.
SetMapMusic (and from what I've heard GUI/other audio related functions) are broken and don't work.
Imported trees are not able to be seen ingame (they can be seen in the editor), in the case of my map I'm using your trees which worked on TFT but stopped working on reforged release.

Reported all of this on reforged launch, not even 1 of these issues has been solved.

Level 11
"Single Player mode has been re-enabled."
What do you mean, Re-enabled? Single player was never present in Reforged. It's been Enabled now, for the first time, after over 3 months...
Blizz just can't help but make these seemingly small language slips, that will surely rile people up. Rightfully so.

"[...]to match Classic visuals"
Grubby summed this up best - why not bring Classic back then? And then move on from there.

All in all, they added some minor visual tweaks(?) and single player skirmish. Still no custom campaigns, still no ladder. Nothing done for performance, both local, and server side (And new graphical tweaks will likely not help either).

The funny thing is, that these are Reforged graphical tweaks, though as Grubby himself said:
"[...]No one on [WC3] championships, in their right mind, is using Reforged graphics, so it barely matters"

Seriously, Blizz, maybe fix your game's performance and bugs, before ditching out more graphical tweaks that barely anyone will be able to admire, as the game is currently unplayable in Reforged mode?

EDIT: And the usual goodness post-new-patch: new patches, new problems.
No one can join my game, after the latest path
New wins also do not count anymore

And just for lulz:

untitled-png.353616

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
Level 16
Grubby summed this up best - why not bring Classic back then? And then move on from there.

I've not seen a youtuber play on Reforged since months now. So it's rightful to just admit this disaster, revert the game, and MAYBE work on re-releasing it, in 2022 with as few glitches as possible. It's ridiculous, really. I still refuse to buy it, not until Custom Campaigns is up and bugless.

What do you mean, Re-enabled? Single player was never present in Reforged. It's been Enabled now, for the first time, after over 3 months...
Blizz just can't help but make these seemingly small language slips, that will surely rile people up. Rightfully so.
The patches aren't only for reforged though, so yes it reenabled. Some are really good at making mountains out of molehills :con:

Anyway, I really hope they get rid of the 30GB of non-data for the classic client at some point. I probably won't update the game until then, let alone buy Reforged..

Level 8
I've not seen a youtuber play on Reforged since months now. So it's rightful to just admit this disaster, revert the game, and MAYBE work on re-releasing it, in 2022 with as few glitches as possible. It's ridiculous, really. I still refuse to buy it, not until Custom Campaigns is up and bugless.
Metallica did Garage Days Re-revisted, so maybe Blizzard can do WarCraft III Re-reforged?

Also, I saw this news popup in the B.net app:
Breaking News
We are aware of an issue where players are experienceing difficulty accessing certain game content. We are currently investigating and working to resolve this as soon as possible.

Level 20
Anyway, I really hope they get rid of the 30GB of non-data for the classic client at some point. I probably won't update the game until then, let alone buy Reforged..
That's never going away and even if you wanted to any resource that uses something from that will be 100% unusable by you-- which is no different from them removing models from Classic in the first place so you asking for more of that is completely backward.

Level 11
The patches aren't only for reforged though, so yes it reenabled
Single player custom games were unavailable since launch of Reforged both for Classic and Reforged modes. Thus, no, my point stands.

Some are really good at making mountains out of molehills
1) You yourself decided to select & quote that particular statement, out of the entire post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2) It's Blizz again making deceitful statements in the face of fans, who have been around since before launch. Such statements are straight insulting to ppl who have been waiting for this since that time. Especially considering, that this basic functionality SHOULD have been there since launch.

That's never going away and even if you wanted to any resource that uses something from that will be 100% unusable by you-- which is no different from them removing models from Classic in the first place so you asking for more of that is completely backward.
There aren't any new resources though, in classic, at least not 30gb of them. So technically it should be possible to reduce the game back to its original size (which is, what, less than 1gb?). The only reason I can think of that there's all this useless data is that Reforged assets are included in the classic game files now or something, which would be totally unnecessary.

Single player custom games were unavailable since launch of Reforged both for Classic and Reforged modes. Thus, no, my point stands.
Maybe you're aware of this, but WC3 existed before Reforged. In other words, as far as classic is concerned, 1.32 disabled single player custom games, and 1.32.4 reenabled them.
I don't like discussing semantics like this, but in any case their statement wasn't deceitful. You just interpreted it that way.

Level 14
Blizzard.j and common.j are no longer considered when computing save checksums.
Does somebody know what the implications of this are?

I've noticed saving maps is much faster after this patch (only tested Lua). It's beyond my knowledge but it's something to do with verifying that file storage didn't get corrupted.

Level 19
Level 13
This is very odd because quarterly reports always mention recent releases even if they are flops eg HotS.
I believe HotS didn't really flop, not initially. It was actually a great success back in 2015 and 2016. It's problem was that it didn't manage to last. It never achieved what LoL and DotA2 did, so it started to loose players and e-sports became less and less popular, until Blizzard decided to kill it. Reforged was their only game that was released as average up until now and thus flopped initially.

Level 20
They haven't mentioned wc3 Reforged in the Q1 Earnings Reports despite the game's release in January.
Which tells us one thing - Reforged wasn't a financial success, because if it was then they would have obviously mentioned it. Not really surpising. The only question is did the game lose Blizzard money or if it made so little that it wasn't worth talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.