1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32.4 PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1.32.4 PATCH NOTES

Blizzard said: blizzarrow.gif

Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes
    Version 1.32.4
    April 28, 2020

ART

• All Melee units and buildings have received a team color polish pass to increase vibrancy and gameplay readability.
    • Female Demon Hunter scaled up to match closer with Male Demon Hunter’s silhouette.
    • Waterfall changed to use Replaceable Textures. Its tint automatically adjusts in game based on the map tileset.
    • Visual effect used for the first stage of buildings damage changed from smoke to fire for better readability.
    • Adjusted fire visual effects placements on the Townhall, Keep, and Castle for added readability during their damaged states.
    • Northrend Trees have been updated to match Classic visuals. There are now four visually distinctive tree wall sets:
      • Northrend Icy Tree Wall
      • Northrend Tree Wall
      • Snowy Tree Wall
      • Scorched Tree Wall
    • Footprints have been updated for the following groups:
    • Trolls have their own unique footprint.
    • Undead units with missing footprints are now fixed.
    • Vehicles now have continuous rolling footprint.
    • Fixed an issue with the Female Demon Hunter’s hero icon appearing incorrectly when disabled while in Demon form.
    • Tuskarr Trapper now throws his own spear when attacking.
    • Portrait animations have been updated for the following units: Peasant, Sorceress, High Elf, Lich, Dreadlord, Balnazzar, Mal’ganis, Keeper of the Grove, Night Elf Runner, Cenarius, Illidan (Demon Form), Tree of Life, Tree of Ages, Tree of Eternity, and their corrupted counterparts.
    • Reduced Violence updates:
    • Female Death Knight updated with correct visual effects for spell casting.
    • Ogre Magi no longer disappears in the middle of its attack animations.

CUSTOM GAMES

• Single Player mode has been re-enabled. This can be accessed from its own Create Games section in the Main Menu.
    • Fixed multiple crashes on custom games such as Custom Hero Survival.
    • Several fixes have been applied to Instance API natives related to unit attacks.
    • Blizzard.j and common.j are no longer considered when computing save checksums.

EDITOR

• The “Export All” option in the Asset Manager now functions correctly.

GAMEPLAY

• Destructibles flagged as “Walkable” no longer cause desyncs between Classic and Reforged.
    • Reforged Troll mercenary unit selection circles are now smaller and more aligned with Classic.
    • All Neutral unit selection circles now properly match the Reforged unit models.
    • Creep camps are easier to see on the minimap.
    • Permanent morphing units, such as the Obsidian Statue, will no longer briefly display their disabled morph ability icon while transforming.

GRAPHICS

• Game lighting adjusted to improve Reforged readability and colors.

SOUND

• Doom Guards now have the correct sound effects for their air and ground attacks.
    • Forest, Dark, and Ice Troll Trappers will no longer play the Berserk sound effect when casting Ensnare in Reforged mode.
    • Alchemist facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.
    • Flesh Golem facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.

USER INTERFACE

• Sepia tone backgrounds in Classic mode have been reverted.
    • The “Use Command Button for Hotkeys” on Mac now functions as expected.

April 29, 2020

BUG FIXES

• Fixed a bug that caused Multiplayer win totals for Collections to be set to zero.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented players in some regions from joining custom games.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented players in some regions from starting any game.
    • Single player custom games can again be created in the Russian locale.
    • Reduced Violence Mode is again enabled where required.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  2. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    They're making progress, I'll give them that (even though I shouldn't really be saying that about a function that was there initially). If this also applies to custom campaigns then I'd say it's a good step in the right direction.

3. SerenityInFire

SerenityInFire

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can confirm that the main menu looks a lot better and has much better performance.

4. n7stormreaver

n7stormreaver

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lighting seems to be... better? Not amazing or groundbreaking but much less jarring. Especially noticeable at night and on unit portraits.

5. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does somebody know what the implications of this are?

6. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could you post some screenshots that in your opinion are representative of that change? I'm curious.

7. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very little of substance in this patch... adding back singleplayer and fixing the walkable destructable desync are the two main points.

Still no fix for shadows in SD mode. :ogre_rage:

8. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's the best patch yet I'll give them that. But it's a shame that we're still in the "fixing the bugs introduced with Reforged" phase and not the "adding new features" phase.

9. anzelayne

anzelayne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Should I update to the latest patch (only Classic TFT)? I have 2 versions running as of yet, a 1.26 for old custom campaigns and a 1.31.1 for new ones. If I update to 1.32 will it fudge up the registry? Also can i run custom mods like Rebirth on the latest patches?

10. LazZ

LazZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't see any changes to the menu performance on a 2016 gaming laptop (my desktop has always been fine though).

11. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Still no custom campaigns :/ was hoping this would be the patch, ah well, hopefully next patch especially if they've added single player with this one.

Like others have said its a good step in the right direction. I hope reforged gets up to standard before the entire community gets fed up as if most of it isn't already.

12. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    You can freely use custom versions of those files for 'global functions' now is my guess, provided the game no longer trips over having a custom one loaded up per game anymore.

Just checked, the new patch doesn't fix anything about this.

13. lord_Turin

lord_Turin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "Aggressively patching"
    This seems the work of 2 part-time interns..

14. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't care about melee and ladder but I feel bad for those who do

I hope custom campaign comes next patch given the single player

15. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A step in the right direction with re-enabled singleplayer, but we still got a very long way to go.

16. InsaneMonster

InsaneMonster

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've noticed a different behaviour on the walking units... now they move faster in game. Like, much faster. This applies for all units with the cinematic tag attached to them. Don't know if it's a bug or intended fix, there is no reference about it in the patch notes.

Edit: I opened a bug report thread, hoping it is an unintended behaviour and they fix it :p

Edit 2.0: I fixed the bug by editing the gameplay constants. They set for some reason the minimum speed to 150 instead of 100 or lower, preventing all walking animations to work properly. The problem was not in the animation speed itself but in the movement speed. Amazing how they overlooked something like that. I bet this will make many maps with custom speed not work anymore!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  17. PrinceOfThaWest

PrinceOfThaWest

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've been checking Hive daily in hopes to see this topic and bask my eyes in the "custom campaigns" option being re-enabled for players, but seems like I am up for another long wait. At least I am happy to see they have added the single player option back on, it's at least something.

18. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Single player is back! One step closer on the long, treacherous march to get back to "Zero"!

19. TheSilverWolff

TheSilverWolff

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perfomance seems to be getting better and single player mode for those who use to test is great. That said, this comes with 2 big downsides
    Lobby seems to be bugged, can't see games that are created by friends but can join them with invitation or with friend list (sometimes friend list doesn't even work).
    The melee stats being lost

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    LAN is out right? Which means you can't run the game multiple times at once to test either?