• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.3 PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
1.32.3 PATCH NOTES

Kaivax said: blizzarrow.gif

Zug Zug!
Just a quick note to let everyone know that we have a dedicated team here focused on Warcraft III. Alongside our continued efforts to bring monthly patches with bug fixes and quality of life changes, the team is prioritizing delivering features like Ranked Ladders, Profiles, Clans, and Custom Campaigns. We’ll continue to share more details as those features are nearing release, but know we’re here and hard at work on the game.

Warcraft III Reforged Version 1.32.3
Patch Notes
March 18, 2020

Art

• Naga units now have footprints in Reforged mode.
  • Random items placed using the unit palette will no longer be invisible in game.
  • Fixed animation issues with the Naga Sea Witch’s Tornado spell.
  • Magtheridon will now animate correctly when its movement speed is slowed.
  • Death Knights have been scaled down to be the correct size in Reforged mode.
  • Fixed an issue where buildings that were unsummoned mid-upgrade could sometimes visually persist in-game, in Reforged mode.
  • Guard Dog critters will no longer be invisible in Classic mode.
  • Fixed a bug where if a Demon Hunter died in demon form, the revive icon would be the demon form icon.
  • Added the autocast frame to the Firelord’s Incinerate ability.
  • Selection circles for all the neutral ground units has been properly adjusted to fit around the unit.
  • The Blademaster’s attack animations have been updated to have less horizontal movement in Reforged mode, making it more consistent to interact with.
Audio

• Fixed an issue that was causing certain Reforged combat sounds to be used while in Classic mode.
  • Fixed an issue where Meat Wagons sometimes did not properly play their death sounds in Reforged mode.
Campaign

• Priests and Sorceresses no longer use their blood elf model during cutscenes in “March of the Scourge” in Reforged.
  • Player heroes will always be selected when loading from sub-maps to the main map of “To Tame a Land” in Reforged.
  • Fixed a bug that could block progress in Gazlow’s quest in “To Tame a Land” where in certain situations the Sappers could not target the support columns.
  • “A New Power in Lordaeron” no longer has city gates preventing the AI from attacking the player.
  • Blood Elf Archers and Swordsmen command card icons in the Curse of the Blood Elves Campaign have been updated to have green eyes.
  • Blood Elf Lieutenants in “The Dungeons of Dalaran” now use the correct command card icon.
Custom Games

• Smoothed the menu transition when exiting a custom lobby
  • Fixed an issue that was causing item stacking to break certain custom games.
Editor

• Fixed an issue that was causing item stacking to not trigger item-pickup events in scripting.
Gameplay

• Fixed an issue that could cause bridges to desync when a client with Reforged graphics played with another on Classic graphics.
  • When using custom hotkeys, Warcraft III Reforged will now also check a user’s keyboard locale layout in-game, in addition to English. This enables the usage of non-English characters in CustomKeys.txt.
  • The selection volume for units affected by Cyclone and Tornado spells is now more accurate.
  • Fixed a bug where debug text would appear when using certain abilities in some locales.
  • Corrected the Necromancer Initiate tooltip to mention Raise Dead instead of Cripple.
  • Doodads with invalid/not-found model path will be invisible in game now instead of shown as a green box. They are still shown as a green box in the editor.
Graphics

• Improved performance when using terrain-deforming abilities in Reforged mode.
  • Fixed an issue that caused flickering for some effects when viewed through fog of war in Reforged mode.
Non-Ladder Maps

• Fixed an issue with some creeps that was causing them to be invisible on Jungle Fever and Rice Fields.
User Interface

• Fixed an issue on ultrawide screen displays that caused menus to be misaligned.
Versus

• Fixed item tables for certain creeps on Timbermaw Hold and Market Square.
    • Kobold Geomancers now drop a Level 1 Powerup on Market Square.
    • Satyr camps guarding gold mines now drop a Level 3 Permanent and Level 2 Powerup on Timbermaw Hold.
    • Dragon camps now also drop a Level 2 Powerup on Timbermaw Hold.
  • The following maps have been reactivated on ladder: Ruins of Stratholme (3v3), Banewood Bog LV (4v4), and Fountain of Manipulation (FFA).

Level 14
Still no fix for duplicate looping sounds on special effects like Warstomp..
Nor a fix for missing models listed in the Editor (Faerie Dragon projectile for example).

... which have both been reported issues since the first beta.

And while we're at it, the Skull of Guldan's Death animation was deleted, so it doesn't explode any more. A lot of maps I've seen use that effect for a "green fire" explosion, and now it just dumps a big glowing rock on the floor for about 8 seconds instead.

Level 6
I think it's time to start ignoring them. They will be fixing these minor bugs slowly; it will take months till they start working on new features (which actually are not fucking new) like ladder and other stuff.
So yeah, the short term solution is to ignore them and build in parallel just like this developer is doing here: http://w3champions.com/

Fuck THEM. Lets demonstrate the world we can do BETTER.

Level 13
Another bug fixing patch, the third in two months since the game has released.

A game that was broken and unfinished on release, and only three minor patches. I was really excited when they announced Reforged back at Blizzcon 2018, I was very dissapointed at Blizzcon 2019, I got sad cause the Beta was really bad and only recived a few builds, I wasn't quite dissapointed by the release cause I knew what was coming, but I still hoped that they'll fix it eventually, but I got dissapointed for the second time with the lack of patches, patching being weeks away from one another and only fixing a few bugs each. This time, for the first time, I just didn't care, and the thing that no people are commenting both here and on official forums shows that most people feel like me, they just don't care anymore. I'll just go out and say it, even if they manage to fix it all and re add the old features, the game will never be as polished and as bugless as it was before Reforged, and thus to me it will never be as fun or as entertaining as it was. Yep, the game is dead!

At least they said they're working to implement the missing features, I guess that's something :/

Level 1
Thank you "Archian" for the Wc3 Patch Notes update post. I really appreciate it because sometimes the battlenet client logs me out of my account and says I am offline and unable to view the patch notes regarding Reforged.

Level 18
There was a Blood Elf Archer?
I was wondering the same thing: are there alternate models for archer / priest / sorceress (back when we had RoC/TfT version of them)? I don't seem to be able to display them.

EDIT: Looking forward custom campaign and real classic / reforged compatibility.

Also custom name bug fix.

EDIT2: Ok, all you have to do to get the alternate priest and sorceress model is to open the model field and validate (on these units).

Demolisher and Flying Machine do not have an alternate model unfortunately.

Last edited:
Level 16
This should have been the time when we get excited about NEW things, and not hoping they would bring back the old features... Anyway, I am glad they at least mentioned custom campaigns through their official channel - even though it seems that it is at the bottom of their list.
What a scam of a game this turned out to be.
Exactly my thoughts, it seems like they were brainstorming if they should include it or not. Such a feature should certainly not be left to last, unless they are unsure themselves if they can deliver.

And to think, I was hoping for official expansions. What a fucking shame.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
This should have been the time when we get excited about NEW things, and not hoping they would bring back the old features... Anyway, I am glad they at least mentioned custom campaigns through their official channel - even though it seems that it is at the bottom of their list.

meanwhile I'm still hoping and not shutting up about the missing models

so I'm hoping at least the community would step up and make do instead (I'd love to do it myself but I don't have a capable PC)

Should we rely on the community for the missing models in Reforged?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
What makes you think the community are willing to work with a game dev that didn't give a shit about said community? I have a sore taste to even think of downloading the game let alone play it.
8zoqwz27qie41.jpg

Level 12
is there a way to activate any kind of shadows or shaders in the game or in the mapeditor?

i cant find anything on this topic. aslong as the game doesnt have proper lighting its not worth making maps for it

Can we get an official statement is it finally done with art design changes or not ?
unknown.png

Because art changes could be done trough modding reforged models,reskining etc. For example i took this beard,edit a bit from samuro-thrall singer ending credits model

unknown.png

Untitled-6.png

Workiing on existing basis improving assets for better rts perspective readings etc...and in same time visually more pleasant for the eye,bigger detail.
Stuff like those

All the visual bugs I've reported (for SD and Reforged) are still there, they have tinted waterfall doodad in banewood bog instead of really fixing the model with replaceable textures and thus they have made the map a non melee map on LADDER so imagine playing with 1.07 balance out of nowhere. I got no words left to say about this incompetent team

Level 16
All the visual bugs I've reported (for SD and Reforged) are still there, they have tinted waterfall doodad in banewood bog instead of really fixing the model with replaceable textures and thus they have made the map a non melee map on LADDER so imagine playing with 1.07 balance out of nowhere. I got no words left to say about this incompetent team
Just a quick note to let everyone know that we have a dedicated team here focused on Warcraft III. Alongside our continued efforts to bring monthly patches with bug fixes and quality of life changes, the team is prioritizing delivering features like Ranked Ladders, Profiles, Clans, and Custom Campaigns. We’ll continue to share more details as those features are nearing release, but know we’re here and hard at work on the game.

Cheer up, those words just fixed everything. It's the same shit when someone comforts others it's gonna be okay, without realizing that they're the problem all along.

Cheer up, those words just fixed everything. It's the same shit when someone comforts others it's gonna be okay, without realizing that they're the problem all along.

I mean I'lld be alot happier if it was something like 'we have fired all the team after seeing the failure of the release and recruiting an alot more dedicated and experienced team to keep on working on the game'

I mean I'lld be alot happier if it was something like 'we have fired all the team after seeing the failure of the release and recruiting an alot more dedicated and experienced team to keep on working on the game'

This sounds evil,i mean seriosly???? You would fired people so you feel better while playing wc3?

Why not just classic team getting some major support from more competent people, pointing out the problems they were facing?

is there a way to activate any kind of shadows or shaders in the game or in the mapeditor?

i cant find anything on this topic. aslong as the game doesnt have proper lighting its not worth making maps for it

Lighting, Shadows as well as (you forgot to mention) the fog are currently buggy in the Reforged Editor. You will notice the lighting bug just by importing a dark dnc to your map, and the fog bug is easily noticeable just by activating it.

Similar Discussion: Reforged WE Questions

Level 14
How pathetic can they be........just cut your losses and admit failure......RESTORE Classic Wc3 with its original dubbing(for all non english versions), sound, functionality and features. Just put 1.31.1 back up with old bnet and just put it up on the launcher its ready for this internally with language folders inside. You have the data of our accounts still there, just bring it back up while making RF secondary "beta branch" and leave it like this if its beyond your abilities.

Spare the community harm you've already done. On top of just pure waste of this once in a lifetime opportunity to make Warcraft III big again, with entire community united......you done it so wrong in so many ways that its just unredeemable. You embarass yourselves and you cut features you added like cross realm which on top of mass refunds and loss of existing players you betrayed made the situation far worse.

And to think you had the audacity to act all superior to original artists and devs from 2000-2002 in interviews and dev panels at blizzcon..... mocking their art and the game, laughing at it in your ignorance completely missing the point of wc3's design that Samwise Didier explained on top of just originals quality and polish......you had no right to do anything you've done with it....

Just do what you should and restore classic wc3 in it last version prior everything became "Reforged", and just have it as default on the blizzard launcher

Last edited:
Reforged will become good, given enough time. The potential is here, it's just unfinished. The problem is not the devs, but most probably their number.

You can't reforge Warcraft 3 engine if you are 3 people working on crunch all year long. At least, not in the timeframe "they set for themselves" (in truth their bosses set for them).

I think it's better to blame the leaders than the workers, expecially in this case. There is for sure a lot of psychological stress in working hard to do something beyond your capabilities (time, money, number of workers, etc...) and be insulted by everyone for doing it.

Level 14
Reforged will become good, given enough time. The potential is here, it's just unfinished. The problem is not the devs, but most probably their number.

You can't reforge Warcraft 3 engine if you are 3 people working on crunch all year long. At least, not in the timeframe "they set for themselves" (in truth their bosses set for them).

I think it's better to blame the leaders than the workers, expecially in this case. There is for sure a lot of psychological stress in working hard to do something beyond your capabilities (time, money, number of workers, etc...) and be insulted by everyone for doing it.
No it wont, its was illconceived from the very start seeing how it was executed. If it were done as it shouldve been - as a faithful remaster that doesnt take away anything and just polishes out the original with some minor changes and most of what's important done in the code so we are spared of issues that we actually have problems with.

If you ignore the fact that they just shattered the community to pieces with people either quitting Wc3 altogether forever or going to private 1.26 servers like Eurobattle.net and whole Unforged side of things, ON TOP of loss of almost all newcomers due to Refunds and their lies, and damage done to original game.

It shouldve been like SC:R but better, in a sense where they really focus on fixing actual problems we have, including ones they created in last patches like random Desynchronization drops of players in maps. Visually and functionality wise it should be nearly indentical just like SC:R, with HD models being like War3HD from Starcraft II done by DragonFly studios, keeping really good balance between simplicity and fidelity - Just like original wc3 and all assets we made for it.

Them trying to make it into new game while butchering and taking away the original was literarily the worst way to do it next just to outright shutdown of Wc3. It ruined everything community was doing for the game, game itself and replaced it with inferior garbage as official default.

True remasters of music, films or games should present what's there at its absolute best, not to mangle it with idiotic reimaginings done with complete lack of care and understanding of the original - which i can only speculate is due to success of Doom 2016 and Resident Evil 2 REmake, both of which are done with love, care and understanding of core design and what worked in original game, and most important of all - are totally separate games that dont replace the original prohibiting you from playing it. Wc3's lifeblood are its customs and melee and they took it away even if you have archived older version.
Plus excusing it with "There are private servers on 1.26" or any other bs is not right, because its not official and unified spot for entiriety of the community but small shard of it that broke off. If they done it right, announced it as a remaster and done it like one and really and trully cared. We would see tousands of people playing together enjoying Warcraft III in its true and remastered form unified community around it.

In one place, with visuals on existing maps not being broken and both HD and SD mode being really close in artstyle and same with animations and general look so everything works nicely with existing assets and is consistent with then and original vision for the game Samwise Didier had, and for a reason. It would be viable for melee pro players, and it wouldnt cause any other problems.

Last edited:
Level 16
If you ignore the fact that they just shattered the community to pieces with people either quitting Wc3 altogether forever or going to private 1.26 servers like Eurobattle.net and whole Unforged side of things, ON TOP of loss of almost all newcomers due to Refunds and their lies, and damage done to original game.
Pretty much this. I'm done with Wc3, it's in the past now. I can't hope for another two decades, just to be let down again. It sucks, but they had really just one chance at making this right, and they dropped the ball.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
What makes you think the community are willing to work with a game dev that didn't give a shit about said community? I have a sore taste to even think of downloading the game let alone play it.

people are already making Reforged models and skins in the Resources, that should be enough to make do

but yes I agree, this is the final straw; even though they should still continue fixing the game after 4987932478324 years, they should still be held accountable

Last edited:
Level 13
Saddest part is they were about to do it right when they released the wc3hd models to Starcraft II and then they have remastered Starcraft pretty perfectly, it is just so unbelieveable how can a team/company change in like 2 years
Again, you can't compare Warcraft 3 Reforged and Starcraft Remastered, for a number of reasons:
  1. Starcraft uses 2D graphics, and a 2D graphics games (most of them being from the 90s, like Starcraft) are a lot less complicated and require a lot less work. Warcraft 3 uses 3D graphics, and thus it's a lot harder to Remaster, engine being a lot more complicated and complex. If they descided to Remaster Warcraft: Orcs and Human, Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness or Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal, I'm sure they would've done a lot better job, not as good as Starcraft Remaster(more of that in the next points), but a lot better than this. 2D games are just a lot easier to deal with.
  2. Even though Starcraft Remastered was mostly done by the Classic team, I'm pretty certain that Starcraft II's team was also involved in the project and provided help when needed. Which wasn't the case with Warcraft 3 Reforged, one of the reasons is in the next point. Also WoW's team wasn't involved in Reforged, cause those people have no clue about RTS, it's not in their field.
  3. Starcraft Remastered happened before Blizzard suffered PR scandals, shifted to mobile and most importantly before the massive lay-offs. So I'd imagine that "not priority games"(every game except Hearthstone and Overwatch) had their teams butchered. I'd imagine that Classic team got butchered as well, and that there are now like 80% fewer people in the Classic team than when SR was in the makings. I'd also imagine that SCII and HotS teams were also butchered to a point that they're barely left standing to support their own games, so they weren't really able to help with Reforged. I've also heard Bellular say that even WoW's team now bearly has enough people to keep the game running. On top of that, I imagine that they've realocated many employees that weren't fired to work on Diablo 4, so basically there was really no one to develope Reforged, especially after the "scaeling down" of the whole project(I'd say circa March 2019), I imagine after that there were like literarly 5 people left to work on Reforged.
  4. Warcraft 3 Reforged was never meant to be a Remaster. The first thing they've said about it was: "Warcraft 3 Reforged is not a Remaster, it's a lot closer to a Remake than a Remaster". When you make a Remaster, it's cause the game is no longer compatible with modern technologies and graphics look rediculousely outdated. Was it the case with Warcraft 3? Well, no. With the wide screen support the game would work and look just fine. Example of games that need a Remaster or even better a Remake are Wc1 and Wc2.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
As I said before, you can't compare Warcraft 3 Reforged and Starcraft Remastered, for a number of reasons:
That's a lot of blah blah.
The same way the made these Reforged models, they could have made/ported the HD assets from StarCraft II.
Reforged is not close to a remake, it's an edit, mod.
GoG has ported countless games to contemporary OSs.

Level 13
That's a lot of blah blah.
The same way the made these Reforged models, they could have made/ported the HD assets from StarCraft II.
Reforged is not close to a remake, it's an edit, mod.
GoG has ported countless games to contemporary OSs.
Yes, but why would they do that?
It wouldn't have improved the game in any meaningful way. Just as Reskined didn't.
When Reforged was "scaled down" to Reskined, the whole release lost all sense.

Yes, but why would they do that?
It wouldn't have improved the game in any meaningful way. Just as Reskined didn't.
When Reforged was "scaled down" to Reskined, the whole release lost all sense.

Remastering a game isn't just a 'reskin' and it does improve the game alot by giving it a fresh but loyal to old look just like AoE 2 DE, Reforged's other promises and stuff were just stuff that we don't even need and most importantly Reforged is not 'just a reskin' it is a downgrade to both gameplay,features and art, if art was 'just a reskin' alot of people would have less problems with it because it would not be an insult to the core game but 'just a reskin' even though it would not be a HD remaster like SC2 HD assets as I've wanted.

Level 16
Guys, I always compare Warcraft III to one other favourite classic of mine, CounterStrike 1.6

If Valve pulled off a game that is accessible to 99% of the community, without ruining the original game, so can Blizzard.

We didn't need a pretty face, we needed a functional game that is true to the original, with revamped graphics and possibly NEW features and updates to come, like expansions or other possibilities that we the players would be mind blown from.

Instead, we get a pile of shit that stinks, and we can't even replace it with our old game.

Level 14
Again, you can't compare Warcraft 3 Reforged and Starcraft Remastered, for a number of reasons:
  1. Starcraft uses 2D graphics, and a 2D graphics games (most of them being from the 90s, like Starcraft) are a lot less complicated and require a lot less work. Warcraft 3 uses 3D graphics, and thus it's a lot harder to Remaster, engine being a lot more complicated and complex. If they descided to Remaster Warcraft: Orcs and Human, Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness or Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal, I'm sure they would've done a lot better job, not as good as Starcraft Remaster(more of that in the next points), but a lot better than this. 2D games are just a lot easier to deal with.
Not exacly true, they still had to made 3d models to make the sprites like original sc1. Wc3 would be insanely easy to remaster correctly if they just rehired DragonFly to finish what they started with War3HD in Sc2 and tweak it a bit to stay closer in terms character's faces and maybe few cases where models had not exacly right proportions(dreadlord, satyr) or were having far too clean weapons/armour(satyr and skeleton) but it was pretty much perfect for most part especially with couple buildings and doodads they made for war3hd like watchtower, market and so on. And they already had experience working on original assets too since their main objective for SC2 was porting wc3 assets to it, and they made normal maps for all of them.
All the effort on side of the classic team should be purely on the code and actual issues that we have in Wc3 like desyncs, some remaining limits and issues happening on some maps and original campaign etc.
Literarily all Warcraft III ever needed was a remaster and concentrated effort on improvement of existing issues, not demolishment of what's already there

@knight26 on side of remakes the best example in history is remake of original Resident Evil done for GameCube which is now also on PC and consoles. Its original author going back to remake the game without the original limitations.

It that case ofc original RE1 has far more issues than something so polished and high end as Wc3 was, especially in comparison to all previous games they made up to that point, leap in quality from Warcraft 2 and Starcraft 1 is gigantic, and what it gets in return after all these years is mockery and beign laughed at by Brian Sousa and the rest of classic team leads at both blizzcon panels......

Last edited:
Level 4
In some aspects sc2 editor is more limited than warcraft 3 editor, e.g., cliff levels, map size... and I'm by no means an expert in this subject, but when users tried to port warcraft 3 maps to sc2, some couldn't because of the limitations (I'm talking release, I don't know if this was fixed later with patches-expansions)

Like I said in the previous reforged patch threads, the current situation is FUBAR, the desync issue, which IMO is the biggest one, exists since 1.29...

I think the actual "remaster" was 1.27? (can't remember which exact version, but the one that made the game compatible with windows 10)

Btw eurobattle is on 1.28

Status
Not open for further replies.