1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Scytharius

Scytharius

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am happy I didn't buy reforged. I knew it was not going to be any good just by looking at the direction they went with the art style. (I prefer the cartoony style) I also didn't like how they were planning to change Warcraft 3's story to align with World of Warcraft. Warcraft 3 is Warcraft 3, not World of Warcraft. They are 2 separate worlds in my eyes, because Wow died for me after WOTLK ended.

I hope at least they gut reforged and roll back to a previous wc3 version.

But I mean, I didn't think reforged would be THIS bad. Lmao.

2. Shido

Shido

Resources:
    Resources:
    We did it folks, 1.0 has been reached upload_2020-1-31_11-2-39.png

3. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh I was spending time under your house then.

Yeah, thank you for enlighten me! Without your wisdom and knowledge as demonstrate here, my life would be darker!
    Now knowing that you called me moron, I am happy to be your best friend! I can give you hug.

Both ass and troll! Oh man, please stop, now I am so afraid of you, of your harsh words that I cannot sleep tonight. Maybe I will if I left turned lights on.

Because we did not have you back then to enlighten us! This is shame that great individual as you were not present back then to make site better place! To spread idiocy and retardism at max level, but Ok. Maybe they will promote you soon. I will say good word or two for you, do not worry.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH now you made me laughing literally!
    According to your statement, seems that I and vast majority people on planet do not know how Blizzard does things! And never will. Only you and some people know. Of course, it is you again! How world missed you all this time!

Yeah not possible. You wasted too much brain cells on that! You need to spare some, remember that you did not have many of them at first place. I do not want you to overheat! I will miss my favorite clown if something happens to you :cgrin:

Says someone who calls people morons, ass and trolls!

Ok, now seriously. Here, I will try to explain you step by step. As best I can. I do not expect you to agree with me, I only expect you to understand what I am talking about.
    You and me are painting car. I am arguing with you that we should paint in red color, you are arguing that we should pain in blue color. SOmebody asks you what about are we arguing here and you say ,,We are arguing about painting car. I want blue color, he wants red color. I want this this and this. he wants that that and that. I still think that blue color is better" So basically I do not want you to agree with me, but just ot understand what I try to achieve.

So, here I start:
    There are people worldwide (many of them that I know as bonus) that are not like you and me and rest of us here into ,,Hive and Blizzard stuff" meaning that they are not registered here, visiting this site and have not much detailed informations as we do. They know about Reforged because they hear from somewhere, there were some video etc etc... many of them played it before, now are older, some are nostalgic. many wanted to buy again. So they are not into these conversations we are. They are just ,,maybe I will buy product". I have seen today some Hivers actually coming back from absence only to hear if Reforged is good or bad. So, most of those people are on facebook, youtube and social media.
    Many of them are confused now what is happening because they expected reforged, but meanwhile turned rage worldwide, youtube videos and other anti reforged campaigns...

Now, you saw people constantly ,,crying, bitching, complaining".. .whatever phrase you used to describe people's behavior you met constantly on blizzard's forums and even in Hive. Each time something annoys them, they whine in forums opening threads over and over again. I do not believe that this is right because it is useless. One complains AGAINST Blizzard AT BLIZZARD's forums! 10 topics, and 6- more wont change nothing. I strongly believe that we who feel decieved, betrayed ,angered (whatever one feels like) and want to spread it, should do it worldwide where possible. Not just in forums but other places as well.

Personally I believed in Reforged until release. Now I agree with majority of people whose Refund, and new problems occurred meanwhile (not just buggy and unpredictable release, but also many cannot Refund anymore, no custom campaigns people asked, chaos, and lately random bannings including mine as final spark), and I agree with them that we should do something about it. I personally believe in action. Not just words and complains, but action. You can speak ten times same shit over and over without effect, but once you actually do something can be effective. Like example of corrupted privateer I gave (many people know, spoke against him, talking and talking, but only I took action, collected proofs and reported him). So, what does action mean here: I believe that everyone know his friends real life or online, cousins, neighbors or anyone he knows who is thinking to buy Reforged. So, everyone who feels ,,affected" by Blizzard should go there to various social networks ,,spreading word" about Blizzard and Reforged and hopefully lot of people will share to others, and share and share. During that process many will decide not to buy game. many did this in youtube. And it had effect somewhat.

This is what I did today. I made post comment at facebook in my language, so people in my friendlist can see it and spread around. Immediatelly I got some support. people commented against corporations and such... And some people whose wanted to buy it also decided not to do it for now. That webmaster and site I was talking about is at C&C community. What is Hive and Wc3C to Warcraft and Blizzard, that is that place for Command and Conquer and EA games. There are many people wanting to buy Reforged too because they played game at some point, some less, some more. You also have even some fanatics such us, searching about game on redit, metacritics and such... So, I went today there, talked with webmaster, and alongside him we put negative concerns about Blizzard and Reforged. people already knew yesterday shit happened and heard that Reforged is not stable. They were concerned. But after I came and wrote post, many are sure now that wont buy Reforged.

This is what I was talking about. This is my way of legal action against Blizzard and its product. What I did is basically post that screenshot and give links of decieved people. And told them to search themselves what people think and what their experience is so far. What am I impressed is that they care mostly about that map intelectual property rule Blizzard put. I did not even mentioned that. But this disgusted them mostly as mapping community too.

4. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    @MasterHaosis
    the first half is just hurtful, and reasonably reportable

the second half is commendable and honest, i will not report, though i do have 2 issues with the second part

1st
    they are coming, the campaign folder is still with in the documents its not gone just not working yet, lookiing at how the current campaign screen is, i imagen blizzard wants to incorperate custom campaigns in a simular fashion and not the list of campaigns like we use to, we alrdy know clans are coming, and i assume parties as well since we have a little + icon by our portrait on the main menu that doesnt function, im going to wait for tuesday if theres going to be patch/additions/information it will be tuesday

2nd
    yours wasnt random your clearly broke Code of Conduct and even specifics was explained here in this thread

other than that i wish you good day/evening/night and hope tuesday will come to change your mind about reforged

by the communities blood warcraft 3 survived, by the communities blood reforged will bring forth anew, as many of its limbs are created by those creators working hard in the editor making models terrains and systems, in turn to allow map developers to forge new and old creations to something greater than we ever held before

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Honestly? Seeing how buggy Reforged is, I'd much rather see them focus on that right now and take their time with bigger issues like missing features, because the last thing anyone needs is Blizzard rushing to add stuff and making the game even more messy than it already is.

6. Soulofthedead

Soulofthedead

Resources:
    Resources:
    They didn't even have the budget to finish the game, im gonna be suprised if they suddenly end up with the funding to fix a half made game.

7. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's people all over claiming that the backlash in 2018 against remade campaings is a lie by Blizzard. I remember defending the choice to remake campaigns even on this forum, while remaining somewhat skeptical.

I'm not going to dig all my post history on all forums I posted but here is an example. How did so many people do a complete 180?

Warcraft 3 Reforged Story - Your opinion

8. Soklava45

Soklava45

Resources:
    Resources:
    Figured id let people know that somehow I can still access the PTR for wc3, I mannaged to find 2 custom games so its something I guess till they realize they forgot to shut it down.

I know its on a shit patch but I figured id chime in to those still trying to get access to an older version of warcraft 3 but have no backups or don't want to use cracked pirated versions.

:goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:Speaking of which, hows everyone, its been years holy shit.:goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:

Screenshots bellow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Id post my client directly as a download but my connection is real garbage right now so I can't help till my upload gets live.

9. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think most arguments were about changing the story, not changing gameplay. I don't think anyone would mind if they added some new quests or mechanics for the campaign. I also didn't see many people arguing against the demo cutscenes.

10. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    well id assume they are indeed working on things right now but we wont see them till tuesday since tuesday its maintenance/patch/launch day for blizzard across all games

11. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    You're probably correct - still, it would be nice to get some big blue post explaining what they are working on and what their plans are for post-launch support. That's not something they need to wait for a patch day to do and I imagine that it would help at least some people feel better about the game.

12. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes i would love a blue post too, however with it being week one, unless we are to get a hotfix before tuesday i doubt we see one

13. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think that as much as they've expected the launch to be rough and people to be unhappy, they probably got caught by surprise with how bad the response to Reforged is. I wouldn't say it's as bad as Diablo: Immortal or Hearthstone Hong Kong dramas, but it's definetely one of the most significant PR disasters Blizzard suffered in recent years. Due to this, the devs were probably told not to communicate for now - either because it's their PR strategy or because they're trying to come up with one.

14. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not having any of the performance/crash issues others are having but I feel for them. Early on I was really hoping this would be treated like a mainline Blizzard product, maybe even with completely new story content. Now we'll be lucky if we still get regular patches.

I know they have a classic division of 15 people but I think it was a big mistake not to bring their big guns for this one. Even if I like the new models, the way the whole thing gels is still a rather mixed bag.

I was talking about story. I even remember people arguing about changing the location of the base in the Stratholme mission. And completely remaking the maps so they are similar to WOW would change the gameplay of the maps as well, since the gameplay of the maps is very much tied to the layout. As for the cutscenes, I don't see why people don't think they are terrible. The animations were terrible.

15. maduroman

maduroman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  16. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the information. I remember executing Tiberium Sun about two to four years ago and it did not ran so I had to watch all the campaign on youtube. If they were remastering this one then I would be happy too but they are remastering cnc1 and ra1 which I was able to run on my Windows 10 PC. So i am not happy with them remastering those.
    @Shido Yay! Its now 1.0. Even lower than Fallout 76. lol :)
    EDIT/UPDATE: This is what happened--
    EA: We are the game developer with the worst customer experience.
    Bethesda: Hold my beer, bruh.
    Google(Stadia): hai guys! What's going on?
    Blizzard: Sit yo ass down and hold my bat soup, bitch, and I'll show you how a real pro does it.

17. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    upload_2020-1-31_17-43-12.png

It appears that the background images will load alongside the Loading bar. Only when the loading bar nears completion will the background image fully render.

upload_2020-1-31_17-44-33.png

EDIT:

upload_2020-1-31_17-51-6.png

18. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    @MasterBlaster @Ardenaso and everyone...have you noticed any changes in the balance/techtree of the races. Pete Stilwell said they will make it as balanced as Starcraft 1 BW in terms of multiplayer. Was that another false advertising technique?

19. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't play anything besides the campaigns, so I don't know if they made any balance changes.

Noticed this as well - it happened for me on pretty much every loading screen, very rarely did I get one that was working properly.

But that's not the only bug that I've encountered in the campaign - there are missing portraits, portrait animations and unit voiceovers. The funny thing is that it's not consistent in any way. You might play with a unit in one chapter and it works fine then use the same unit in another chapter and it has no portrait animations.

20. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    nope... all I know is that they even made RoC use TFT balancing