Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    At this point it's safe to say that Reforged is a failure. Pretty much every gaming media and youtuber is talking about how bad it is. I don't think many more people are gonna be buying Reforged. Those who bought it, bought it, that's it. So it's unrealistic to expect them to give refunds at this point.
    I myself have been thinking the whole day, for a reason to buy Reforged, and honestly, I can't think of a single thing. But Blizzard probably expected this, and has been ready for this for months now. Judging by what I've seen on youtube about the Campaigns, Reforged basically looks like a game that was abandoned a while ago, and just published what they had at that time, with basically no budget.
    The only thing we can hope for is that they'll readd Custom Campaigns, fix bugs and improve the preformance. But any hope we've had (*cough*I had :goblin_cry:*cough*) for more content or a DLC, is pretty much dead now!

2. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh you mean dot inside? Honestly I did not know but I saw from others doing it, so did I

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

4. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    im going to call bullshit on you not knowing

and for seeing others doing it, so did you
    monkey see monkey do

5. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The only thing that will save this game is them separating classic and reforged players while allowing crossplay, that's the big issue. This is why almost the entire warcraft playerbase are pissed at Blizzard, they could have just disappointed only those people who bought reforged but their idea of moving even those didn't buy reforged - to reforged (or basically scrapping the CD version of the game entirely) is just a bad decision.

6. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    @deepstrasz, seconds before me, well least im not the only one who thought it

7. JSWAR3

JSWAR3

Resources:
    Resources:
    At this point I'll pay another $30 for Blizzard to bring back patch 1.31 or 1.29 and never touch the game again.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Don't give them any more bright ideas...

9. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    there is no moving people from the CD version to reforged, the only ones who got moved were the ones who DID NOT shove thier CD key into thier bnet account and start going digital years ago

you can still take your cd key and shove it in the redeem game/code area and get you digital copy of wc3 just like every one else who has done it

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not sure it works quite like that now that you have to download about 30gb just so you can only play Classic.

11. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you work for Blizzard? Cos I don't see an official statement.
    In any case, you want to fix something? Bring me back the game I own, then, don't force me to download 30GB of extra data, which for me is useless since I don't own Reforged. And I probably never will, tbh.

And I don't mean bring me back old B.net, I mean the actual base game. So I can play the custom campaigns to my heart's extent. Without having to download pirated copies, of course. At least those lads have the brain not to fuck with cherished games.

12. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes you still have to do the reforged download but you will be able to launch the game and play all the classic content, since you will have classic keys on account,

i went and tried to download the old launcher is just downloads the current refroged version but adding a key in gives you access to the classic half of reforged

i do agree the reforged graphics should be an optional DL, but this would only be for people who have old keys and not bought reforged yet, any one new coming to warcraft 3 wont be purchasing a classic key

13. Shido

Shido

Resources:
    Resources:
    upload_2020-1-31_4-19-5.png Got'em

14. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    its called being helpful unlike people who whine with a similar statement to yours

in response to your statement i dont see anything wrong being pointed out or any questions to help you troubleshoot anything

also never say never

15. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    You weren't helpful, you're just whining at my/me whining? Oh, you're so mature. Here's a cookie.
    You're saying it's not wrong that I was robbed a game which I had payed for, and shoved 30GB of unwanted data for the said game, just to be able to get a limited edition of a full edition game I owned? You're joking, right?
    Never. I know myself, and human rights come above a very memorable game.

16. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    metacritic review by users, no staff reviews, most are a bunch of hate and flame, barely any with any kind of review material
    many depict issues found in 1.31, or things that are simply lies, from no new graphics to black bars on the side of the menu

17. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah I see, you're trolling us. Nice try.

18. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    offering to help, being helpful, you didnt ask for any help

got a bug or something you need help troubleshooting with, otherwise stating your opinion of the current game state has nothing to do with responding to me, go whine about it somewhere else or to someone else

19. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    no troll, go read the reviews your self, since i know you didnt bother to

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey, hey guys. Chillax. Opinions matter too. It's not a bug report thread.

Also, no multiposting, please.