Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All we wanted was more natives...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  2. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure there is one. ^^ The thing with Warcraft III was: it had a sweet spot between aesthetics complexity and World Editor capabilities that is unique to the gaming world. This golden balance allowed the community to flourish, and to gain an independence of its own to breathe life onto the game, for years, until now.

The biggest letdown for everyone is Blizzard picked up the game to supposedly add to that, made huge promises, broke maps and user-programmed tools in the process, and then gave back an unoptimized, mangled game, riddled with bugs and missing features, and even demanded 30€ on top of that. All for the sake of a notion of crossplay that doesn't match anyone's expectations, given the update had a profound impact on classic players and modders — judging by the reactions here, it's safe to say people expected something much smoother.

I too hope they will be fixing the game along the way. However, they've been relying mostly on gamers and modders to test the game for them and report bugs. Hopefully, there will still be enough of them staying around with the patience to do that.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  4. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @MasterBlaster: "[...] We're working to address this." is what he says.

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've read what I wanted to read :D Still, the implications are pretty similar - they are working on something regarding custom campaigns.

6. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    1 million subs:

7. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, at this point pretty much every big media outlet or youtube gaming channel is covering this. It truly is a dumpsterfire.

8. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh no, even Bellular! This entire Activision must be purged:

9. Jocker

Jocker

Resources:
    Resources:
    No worries guys. We can still play old Warcraft 3 on Gameranger.

10. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Update: Metacritic score down to 1.3

11. tillinghast

tillinghast

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    probably working on a way to monetize them

12. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think so, but anything is possible at this point.

13. JSWAR3

JSWAR3

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not of fan of much they nerfed the campaign difficulty. I figured I'd do a normal playthrough for fun, and then go back and play on hard. But after not losing a unit, I switched to hard after the culling . I'm a slight bit better than 50% on match making, so I'm not a wizard at this game. The old normal campaign I felt required a little bit of dispel, micro, and tactics. You couldn't just A-move into the main enemy base at 50 food. I thought that this is what story mode was made for.

Even hard seems tone down a bit in terms of the attack waves. Only thing that is a little challenging is actually pushing into enemy bases on some levels assuming you don't wait to have a maxed out 100 food army .

14. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    i downloaded 30gb in less then an hour so i don't understand the complaint for it. Are you guys paying mb/$ or something?

Also my only complaint is i'm not that big fan of how some models turned out and no remake of archimonde cinematic destroying dalaran. Maybe some performance issues aswell.

15. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    I personally had no isses with this as well, but there are a lot of people in third world countries with A) Shitty internet connections B) Bad computers that can't run Reforged, which makes it completely and utterly meaningless for them to spend days to download something that makes their game WORSE.

My complaints are way more than that, but if you stick to vanilla only content and enjoy that, then rejoice and prosper!

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The complaint is about those who want to update Classic and are obligated to download Reforged as well even if they can't play it because they haven't bought it.

17. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Power107 @deepstrasz @Venombite @MasterBlaster
    [​IMG]
    See this! Ban for one sentence ,,For fuck sake I still have reforged mode disabled. I cant enable it"
    No warnings, no previous ,,offenses" otherwice they would note it here!
    This is proof that they used as excuse to silence people whose complain about bugs or whatnot, as I was just doing that. If I made any mistake they would mention it, but no.
    Funny thing that they think they can stop me or scary me. Guys, I apologize in advance to this:
    ,,Chamerrust YOU DID NOT STOP ME! OR FOOL WHO BANNED ME! I CAN MAKE ANOTHER ACCOUNT IF I WISH TO. I JUST NEED TO CONNECT TO WIFI, TURN OFF/ON MODEM, WAIT MINUTE AND GOT NEW IP ADDRESS. Or do it in million other ways. But I wont waste my time probably on this, you will defeat yourself anyway."

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Because you should have known the code of conduct.
    What you should be informed of is how long the ban/restriction will last.

19. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    I think your first clue should've been that you had to bypass the profanity filter.

20. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    (notice you didnt retype it exactly as you did on your bnet forum post

agreed with razorclaw

personal thought
    you purposely went around the profanity filter by placing a period in the word fuck, its ashaming knowing a former staff member of hive workshop would purposely use a work around a profanity filter like some 12 year old would

im sure he was informed on the email he got with the initial ban notification

ive only just found this forum, if any one has any questions on bugs or problems ive been gathering as much workaround as i can find from with in the wc3 community, ill do all i can to try and help fix issues hive members are having