Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Firsk

Firsk

Resources:
    Resources:
    And my opinion is that Reforged still shouldn't even be a part of Warcraft 3 in the first place.
    I don't care about Reforged at all. Not even enough to discuss the abomination.
    But judging by Blizzard's poor maintenance on all their games, and the amount of cash-grabbing updates, I can't say that I'm surprised.

And FYI. Besides the first game startup that gave me black screen until I restarted it, I haven't had 1 single problem with it...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  2. Firsk

Firsk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah, we just get an earlier version and go for clients like "Garena" instead :p

3. Jazztastic

Jazztastic

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Pre-ordered Reforged. Gave it a whirl yesterday.

The game spiked pretty poorly, and the servers were struggling with the connection occasionally, but day 1 server problems is nothing new. The laggy and spikey default game is the bigger issue. The games filled extremely fast, and there was a lot more action in the custom games list than I've seen the last few years. Even with the problems from the outset, it felt a lot more like the Warcraft I enjoyed as a younger man than the Warcraft I have played the last few years.

After the last 2 years and losing 2 almost completed projects to weird updates, I actually managed to recover one of them on Reforged. It feels damn good to get it back, but I can also understand the frustration of people who are losing their maps or parts of it due to Reforged. I also understand for those who didn't hop aboard the extra 30 gigs is a kick in the teeth.

Be mad, demand a quality product, and demand Blizzard follow through on their campaign promises. Don't throw in the towel yet boys, this is the second Renaissance of Warcraft III, and we should ride the new wave of interest in the game to push for Blizzard to fix problems and give us the features they promised. The renewed player base and interest could mean another 10 or 15 years of Warcraft, we just need Blizzard to deliver in a timely manner. Make a post on the Blizz forum, put WCIII2 on the backburner for a week or so, and I bet many of the issues will be ironed out.

P.S. tried some fun battleship map I'd never seen before yesterday. If you're in Reforged get out there and host your favorite maps

4. ThinhHo

ThinhHo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to add custom music in one of my maps. Yes, 3 hours!! I still haven't been able to do it. Instead of using wav or mp3 format, they are using flac now. I found a way to convert my audio files to flac file. Yes the editor right after that could recognize the file. However, when you start playing the map, the files are somehow corrupted. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    I tried re-adding the audio files into the map more than 10 times with the same result.

Until they fix most of the problems for custom campaigns and the world editor, I won't get back into it.

PS: Audio files still work. The game now takes mp3, wav and flac. However, its fading in and out function is not working. Furthermore, music list is not working properly. I successfully got my map to work with the intended music. It took me in total almost 6 hours to figure out the music part.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uhm... based on what? The fact that there were a lot of people online on launch day? That happens to most well-know titles, it's nothing special. People just hop in to check things out. We can talk about a renessaince after a month or two, once the freshness and release hype wear off.

6. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyway, I've seen the Reforged Siege of Dalaran. So...

I wish they add more unit variety, like Elven Archers, Swordsmen, and Dragonhawks.

Since they added TFT content on an RoC mission, might as well add Hydromancers and Chaplains here

I hope they replace at least one Archmage with an Elven one

How did the Wildkins end up here? They are native to Kalimdor

Bandit Lords are unsettling like are they doing experiments on humans as well?

I appreciate Council Mages but please make them "turn us into sheep" for real at least on Hard difficulty, like spawning mass sorceresses ready to Polymorph our troops to make it harder.

Why are Fordred Aran, Landazar, and Conjuros Rex using generic Archmage models? When you did like almost every models for the named Dreadlords and Paladins (and they're not even complete yet. Mephistroth, Anetheron, Duke Lionheart, Sage Truthbearer, and Ballador the Bright has no models). Why stop halfway?

Gee I wonder what the beta test was for + one month delay? Also, please stop with the "give them a week" mentality; you're literally giving excuses and defending mediocrity. It's the current year and we're supposed to hold them to the highest standards possible.

Good luck with that.

7. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jaina didn't seem to be shocked when Medivh told her to go to Kalimdor, so the Kirin'Tor probably know about it. If so, it's actually quite possible that some mages traveled there in search of artifacts or exotic creatures to study and just so happened to bring some Wildkins with them.

Or maybe they just have bandits in their nation and managed to imprison some of them? Not for experiments, as a punishment.

Anyway, did you also notice how pathetically easy this mission was? In the original you at least could lose some units to the forcefield if you were stupid and went in with a lot of ghouls or picked too many fights, but here... The Archmage projecting the forcefield stands like a meter away from its edge, lol.

8. Gumberbunbder

Gumberbunbder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I cant edit filepaths for imported icons in my map. The import manager is really odd now. Does anyone know how this works? Also, all the projectiles and spell effects have weird grey blocky particles now...

9. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    They had a ton of them living in The Hinterlands in vanilla WoW; I only remember this because of the silly Feralas quest sent you there just to kill them.

10. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I gave my feedback here because I feel like this thread is just spammed with the same things over and over again and I wanted to tell things a little bit differently.

11. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah you're right; I forgot some High Elves traveled to Winterspring and they might have brought some in their exploits

Oh Elune nvm about that did they just use the Hydromancer model for the Council Mage?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  12. Tazdingo627

Tazdingo627

Resources:
    Resources:
    I got the error in handling when I launched the classic warcraft 3 version. this update ain't worth it. What a waste of 29 GB.

13. Feng Shui

Feng Shui

Resources:
    Resources:
  14. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played Stratholme and...

1. THANK YOU SO MUCH for making Stratholme a Harbor City again. Thank you.
    2. Hmm? You start with 2 extra Footmen compared to Classic?
    3. They removed the Darkspear creep and replaced it with one extra Grunt
    4. Game's a bit easy if you just kill the villagers before they turn into zombies
    5. The minibosses are still there... no unique models. Sad.
    6. Priests and Sorceresses use Blood Elf models and Blood Elf icons.

15. Ceday

Ceday

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is the only good thing I like about reforged.

16. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh tomo, the old days of cracked copies is back. What a damn shame it is. What a damn shame.

17. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    alright guys this might be a stupid question but,

Since wc3 reforged beta is no longer available: upload_2020-1-30_14-8-34.png

Do I even need it installed on my system? Because now normal wc3 takes 26.2GB and reforged beta takes 22.8GB

So I guess it's pretty safe to just uninstall reforged beta since it's no longer playable and the 2 games merged right?

18. Faint.Smile77

Faint.Smile77

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Nobody can claim ownership of Warcraft 3 maps, they all belong to blizzard."
    if i could refund my purchase of reforged, i would. the best thing we can do to stop these kind of disgusting behavior from any company is to stop using their products or in this case give them a taste of their own medicine and pirate all of their products.

19. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the game is alright but it has issues, it could have been much better. For me it's a 7/10 overall, so it's not Blizzard quality and that's not taking into account the not so great classic graphics and the situation with custom campaigns.

Here is my theory:

I think the suits at Actiblizz expected much higher preorder counts because this is Warcraft 3, THE game that made them famous. They saw the low preorder numbers and cut the budget, affecting the overall quality of the product.

If my theory about cutting the budget is true, then the suits at Actiblizz made a huge mistake. The goodwill of customers is also a currency. They could have gained a lot of goodwill. I think the game is alright but it could have been much better. Old engine with code written 20 years ago + budget cut = not as great results but perhaps even with these technological circumstances, we could have had a better product with more funding.

Also, I dearly hope custom campaigns are still a thing.

Perhaps the reason I am relatively satisfied is because I had realistic expectations from the beginning.

20. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Disappointment after disappointment! Same campaign maps!!! We wanted new voicelines, new campaign maps, new additional quests, new additional storylines, new reworked campaign maps. We wanted to see what Theramore, Durotar, Outland and Icecrown would look like based on what we saw in the demo version of Warcraft 3 Reforged from BlizzCon 2018.

What community are they listening to?!!! This is pure laziness! If you don't have the passion to work your butt off in the Gaming Industry and not go the extra mile then don't do it. You can go work as a web developer! Otherwise you will butcher the franchise and hurt the millions of fans that fell in love with it and supported your company for more than 20years!

I can't even explain how disappointed and hurt i feel right now! What a shame! This could've been epic if they did put time, work and effort into it. Same campaign maps!!!! Really! What a shame!!!