Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not everyone wanted that. I definitely remember the backlash against the reworked campaign. Some people have a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. I'm not one of them but a lot of people just don't like the direction modern WoW is heading towards, the choice of VAs for characters such as Sylvanas and so on and would like to keep WC3 free of such influences.

2. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yeah I uninstalled my Beta first.

3. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I've played few custom singleplayer games in SD. From this perspective, the game only looks better in SD, imo of course. They've fixed most of the game breaking bugs, surprisingly. Necromancers have their old spells back, all units have their stats back to the ones pre version 1.29, Frost Wyrms and Gryphon Riders have magic attack again. I saw people complain about certain effects that were changed, but honestly none of them looks bad, or that much worse for the matter, some of them imo even look better than the original. But as Taylor Swift would say "purists gonna complain, complain, complain ...." I had no problem with shading, worked just as in the original. Even SD female heroes look a lot better in game, than on screenshots, I mean the portraits are still rediculous, but models themselves aren't that bad. I've also noticed we got the high resolution Campaign cinematics for free.
    The only thing is that the main menu is lagging a bit, but I'm certain that'll be fixed in a few patches/weeks. That brings me to one question.
    EDIT: The only new gameplay bug I've noticed is that Maksmenship upgrade uses active icon instead of passive.

Why would I even buy Reforged?
    Honestly, I can't name a single thing now. To replay the Campaigns? I can do it just now, with HD cinematics on top. I've replayed the Campaigns for like five times now, and if I wanna do it again, I can. They're the same Campaigns with new graphics, and the graphics aren't gonna change much, it's pretty much the same experiance. The three new chapters? Sure, but it's not worth 30€, honestly those chapters have a lot of flaws (like Anastarian being a mute creep). By the way, when did eight become three?(I'm not going to count A New Power in Lordaeron or The Broken Isles, where they have literarly added a few dooads for the toomb and lordaeron ruins to kinda look like they do in WoW).

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  4. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    Honestly, they do, and I can send you many examples. Maybe the melee/vanilla game play isn't changed that much in a visual sense, but high quality custom maps really took a heavy blow.
    The fact that you're quoting Taylor Swift doesn't exactly enchant your arguments in an impenetrable shield of flawless logic :p I would say quite the contrary, but oh well.

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Found this: MMorris on Twitter

It's not a confirmation, but they are "working on a solution" to the lack of custom campaigns, so at least that's something.

Though I have to say - "solution" sounds... a a bit worrying, considering what they've done to the game thus far.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    dreadful

7. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    At this point, I'm awaiting the announcement that goes something like this: "All custom made campaigns, will be adapted and stamped as Blizz content, for which you will have to pay 30$ for an 'expansion' of your choosing."

And that'd be effective in retrospect, as well. There is NO other reason. Absolutely no other reason to block custom made campaigns, if not for the fact that they see benefit in it, as in everything else. What a fucking joke. 2nd day now, still infuriated. Never felt this way about a game, but it's warcraft 3, damn it. I remember spending one new year playing with friends on custom.. so much memories, man.

8. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm saving my 1.31 game. And when i've more time i'll repair by myself the mess they did with the voices in the mpq. Now i've to live with half of the dialogues from the Shaman and Furion in English thanks to a "Multiplayer quality of life" patch.

9. Jouven

Jouven

Resources:
    Resources:
    I find it very amusing that none is bothered by the fact that more than half of the execution of the game, memory wise and in less degree cpu wise, is several chromium browser instances, the new menus probably, the game is bloated in so many ways now: download size, installation size, memory usage even cpu usage

Also anyone hoping to do anything on any version >1.28.5 (1.29 and forward), you haven't been following the patch threads...

Can't pause custom games while offline (there are the 2 "multiplayer" pauses but that's it)
    Still can't create custom games online

10. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can we somehow contact Valve, for them to create an RTS very similar to War3, and circumvent CP issues. Then players can create a mod, to rename everything to our beloved war3. That'd be the greatest and best fuck u to Blizzcunt. Anyone want to start a petition?

11. Section

Section

Resources:
    Resources:
    So.. still no day-1 patch after all of these chaos?

now I pretty much appreciate valve when doing dota 2 reborn cutover - it's almost 16 times patch a day.

12. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    THIS is the game that we deserved.

13. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hahaha! I got banned for one month there. Not banned directly, but silenced, so I cannot post.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @knight26 yeah, that lame always dusk Unreal engine edit was on the net for a lot of time now and it looks bad.
    Guess, they don't like fel.

15. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    DICKS are refusing to refund:

16. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Seems they do not want many stuff. Just money. Buggy patch OK, worse release OK, ut cannot take much oposite opinions!
    Like they can stop me with ban hahaha

17. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    It doesn't look astonishing, but it does look stable, and put together. the terrain blends well, and the units, buildings all look amazing. So I disagree, that thing looks better than current release.

18. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    This right here is my #1 issue with this patch. I want the old TFT client back...

19. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Power107 good job for posting video! Lets share everywhere!
    I can't believe they are so low. Honestly I had bigger expectations

20. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    It really is a shitshow when even shill media like Polygon honestly report about how big of a shitshow it is.

Warcraft 3: Reforged changes how the original game works, and fans are upset

Some quotes:
    P.S. By they way, we're down to 1.4 on Metacritic.