• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I was forced to download reforged... But I didn't buy it... and I don't want, now it's extremly slow!!!!
The map I created with 1.31 version of warcraft 3 is unplayable with my version 1.32 of warcraft 3 (the game never launch) what can I do? (but the world editor 1.32 can open it)
How can I remove that horrible patch to go back to 1.31?
Why the world editor use reforged content when I din't buy reforged (like new models for example Dalvengyr, Balnazzar model, that didn't exist in old version of warcraft 3),
I thought It would use full hd textures, reworked from old ones and icons but not new content (what happen if I create a woman zombie in a map that should be played in default bersion of warcraft 3????)

Level 18
Right now the only (legal) way is to get the 1.31 PTR (unless you backed up 1.31 beforehand).

Why the world editor use reforged content when I din't buy reforged
Apparently the devs said it's so people can see how their map looks in reforged even if they don't own the game. You can turn it off though by going to File>Preferences and setting asset mode to SD.

Level 34
I do know that already, that's why I preferred to stay away from a cyber conflict.

Haosis that was clear when there was never any response to a factual post about the Eula, not being aware of the site he is on (asking what Hive is? Wtf) or ignoring other points.

look at @MasterHaosis and his accomplishments and contributions. What have YOU done for this community @DrakPanda

that's ok, just call DrakPanda a shamefull blizzard Shill because that's exactly what he is, look at his posts,

Ok guys whats lot is lot. its not about me now, it is about that he annoyed vast majority of people here for very long!
This needs to stop now.

@Ardenaso

what im doing here with the community is of no concern of yours since it does not include you in it, thats all you'll get on the matter
How dare you to constantly degrade other peoples opinions?
Whoever disagrees with you, instead of learning something, you just throw their opinions away and offend people in many case.
This needs to stop.

he can shape up like a former staff member of hive or he can keep acting like a troll, thats his call to make
I told you, when you offend me this is amusing as you are nobody, just clown and fool around. But hey! Its not about me now, its about that other people can't take you. You are constantly spamming, insulting, annoying wast majority. And you are over the line. You do not represent side here. It is you vs members of community.
I can take you offending me forever. But offending other people, my friends! Concerned community members which you constantly try to silence and make their opinions worthless is something I wont tolerate here. Someone needs to raise against you and stop you from once. Believe me, ask anybody here, we survived much more heavier and dangerous fools than you. You will be done here soon, that I can tell you.
I strongly suggest you to abandon this thread, and this is not Blizzard's forum where people like you can do chaos against others!

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I was forced to download reforged... But I didn't buy it... and I don't want, now it's extremly slow!!!!
The map I created with 1.31 version of warcraft 3 is unplayable with my version 1.32 of warcraft 3 (the game never launch) what can I do? (but the world editor 1.32 can open it)
Why the world editor use reforged content when I din't buy reforged (like new models for example Dalvengyr, Balnazzar model, that didn't exist in old version of warcraft 3),
I thought It would use full hd textures, reworked from old ones and icons but not new content (what happen if I create a woman zombie in a map that should be played in default bersion of warcraft 3????)
You cannot, the only option was not to accept the update to 1.32 and keep 1.31 for singleplayer purpose. I did that on my pc while on my laptop I have the crappy 1.32 version (hope it will be fixed)

@MasterHaosis no need to further continue to explain him what he doesn't want to hear or understand.

Level 13
I've just checked a WoWhead datamine article. It appears that these three datamined models aren't in game:
879170.jpg

879186.jpg

879185.jpg
Am I the only one who thinks that it's just kinda rediculous?

Edit: Also, the main menu quite "laggy", and considering it's "the initial patching phase", and it's day 5 since release, there should've been at least one patch by now, if not even two...
I'm kinda hoping it's because they're working on a big patch that will readd Custom Campaigns, a feature that they obviousely didn't have the time to implement, but....

All of this makes me kinda "worried".

Last edited:
Level 6
Maybe they could salvage all the hard work done by the artists by putting these models in World of Warcraft.

Level 34
@MasterHaosis no need to further continue to explain him what he doesn't want to hear or understand.
Yes, you are absolutely right, but I had once to stand for fellow people whose he constantly try to silence in Blizzard's manner. I can take him offending me forever. Sometimes I will ignore him, sometimes I will offend him back as he deserves.
But he bashed others as well. Here are people in this thread whose are great people! Good users, they are long here and contributed to this site and community overall. For example, you are one of them. I wont let him do it, especially against people whose dare to support me against him (and I did not call anyone, people came themselves because they can't take him). Blizzard silence people around, and yet their fanboys think they are superior over us, coming to our site, constantly offending people and wrecking chaos. yet they think Blizzard's forum rules apply here where they are privileged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
I did it first though, lol.

That's another discussion of legality which is incomparable to the current one related to Reforged.

Also, poor LemonSky's portfolio.

Lemonsky did a good job for the most part at least. I'd rate their effort 8/10. It's not Blizzard quality but it's good enough. They were not responsible for the technical art side of things (lighting, antialiasing, animation quality etc.), that was on Blizzard. Bad lighting can make a great model look bad. For example, I think the Shaman portrait is really good but the flat lighting and lack of antialiasing make it look bad and amateurish.

I've also been thinking why the models are so high poly and abundant in detail. It would be very costly and time consuming to make models for each unit for cinematics, portraits and also gameplay. This way, they only needed to make one model that they could use in all situations. I think they really wanted them to look good in the scrapped cinematics. Still, LOD levels are strangely missing.

Level 16

I respect them, but they also didn't respect the game and made a ton of errors. The fps error on models is their fault, as they went for overall detail forgetting that this is an RTS and we'll be mostly looking from bird eye view, whilst having a lot of units in the screen at one time. Not to mention the lack of consistency on style. Or the fact they changed poor sam icon to some random girl.

I respect them, but they did a poor job, too.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I respect them, but they also didn't respect the game and made a ton of errors. The fps error on models is their fault, as they went for overall detail forgetting that this is an RTS and we'll be mostly looking from bird eye view, whilst having a lot of units in the screen at one time. Not to mention the lack of consistency on style. Or the fact they changed poor sam icon to some random girl.

I respect them, but they did a poor job, too.
Very valid arguments you pointed out!

Atleast LemonSky agreed that they have failed at art.

'Just wanted to really thank you guys for hanging out, your words really do help the team a lot, we'll be sure to share it with them. If you look around online, you might see that around 160 - 200 people worked on this, on and off. Many people have put their time and effort into this project over the years.

Your criticisms too are very valued. Maybe one day when we work on our own thing, we'll be wise to dodge what happened this time. You guys are very passionate and we love that. We appreciate your honesty too.

Saying that, this is not goodbye forever, you can still message us directly, We'll see you on the other side of another game some time soon. See you around! '

Level 32
Sorry, I am little off-topic a bit but can i allow have my own story with Reforged instead ?

Oh dear, do I felt lucky that i used to live in a community with bunch of people with pirated Warcraft 3 OG.

We (in this case, me, spend life half childhood in Garena) played only one single patch that stay very long, the 1.24e one.

When I first heard of Reforged, I would be it is can be better in some level of Starcraft: Remasted. But on the other hand, I wasn't really exciting.

See, I love the terrain stuff and removal of 60 fps cap. But I fear it wouldn't allow to crossplay is huge bummer.

I understand that some of element has altered in Reforged but i wouldn't understand what is the point for making a remaster for Warcraft 3.

My first thought to these stuff is that if people start playing Reforged, Will all the custom map that any users took like months to do is wasted? Consider that some custom stuff won't be able to transfer but if that person don't have any custom in it still work.

[This one i don't have an answer, again, time will answer it eventually]

My second thought is that with Reforged claim such of deserved scores. Will you even think of redeem it somewhere. At first, i saw some gameplay and it wasn't too bad to be honest. But that still end up with massive hate bandwagon. Nothing stoppin it right now.

And my final thought, probably the take off point when i am being a Hive User and relate to all of us:
The Policy of custom map.
Probably the only stuff I absolutely triggered.

Why are you owning these BLIZZARD! Sure, you and your people making these model but we don't even allow creativity and right to own the map ?
Whoever decide it should have been tossed outside the building by now.

I can't hate the game tbh, I hate their decision. They deserved what criticism they received and if I have ever a nice wish to them, I wish for new content in OG Warcraft 3. You done it with TFT, give us another DLC and we would gladly paid. Oh heck, i would pay double the money in TFT for new one.

Ok rant over, I don't wanna hate Reforged. But Hate bandwagon just too big to jump off.

Level 5
The only thing remastered in this game is the terms of service
Update:
Even this guy......

Well said. I agree.

Hive outlived yet you see some of those ,,new generations" Blizzard fanatics who think they can change our minds here and constantly annoy majority. They cannot deal with fact that people do not respect what Blizzard did.

Fanboys need blizzard to be their daddy. They don't get that Bobby Kotick is their daddy now.

@Alexen in time i hope all will be able to understand, but most wont be willing to learn

We learned drakpanda. We learned that blizzard is just like EA, Ubisoft and Bethesda.
Willing and able to exploit nostalgia with pre-order culture and crunch methodology of work.
All while Bobby Kotick lines his pockets and fires 800 workers in record revenue years.

Understand what @DrakPanda ? That Blizzard is banning their own fans from helping other fans save what's left of Warcraft? That company turned only into a money draining machine. Since I already bought my original Warcraft 3 several years ago, why they force me and any other to update to the deforged bullshit? They should've been separated as THEY INITIALLY PROMISED not to ruin the classic when reforged was launched.

This. We also learned this.

We got a developer interview at last. @DrakPanda Good news for you as they have decided to listen to your feedback and ignore it:
Hitler has also reacted to Refunded:

When did they actually follow advice?

Day 5. I still wake up furious. At this point I consider writing a diary, perhaps I'll be famous post mortum when people find it, and take it as a lesson in history.

Good. You should mail that diary to Blizzard afterwards.
At the very least, you'll blow off some steam.

Because Blizzard forgot to disable their overwrite and ruin entire franchise checkbox for Reforged.

That's another discussion of legality which is incomparable to the current one related to Reforged.

Peeps stop dog pilling on drakpanda. Even blizzard shills have feelings.
We should instead hate Bobby Kotick. The fat papa smurf of bad decisions.

The Policy of custom map.
Probably the only stuff I absolutely triggered.

Why are you owning these BLIZZARD! Sure, you and your people making these model but we don't even allow creativity and right to own the map ?
Whoever decide it should have been tossed outside the building by now.

I too am fighting myself now. I want to re-release my maps in the new editor
but sadly, I don't want my maps to even have a chance to make Bobby Kotick more money.

Level 17
Thank you all for your help.
I have the impression that Warcarft 3 TFT and Roc was a nut, with a rough shell not really beautiful. But
it was full of content and creativity that could fill a coconut.
Now reforged is a quite beautiful nut with golden eye candy paint on it and polished.
But it is half filled...

I feel sad for that game that entertain my childhood, and have as present plastic surgy,
for the price of his personality and heart, and become fade. That elements was the reason why this game has a so big and durable community.

I'm not a nostalgic guy that said "in the past it was better", I think before intentions
was just better...
I think Blizzard have to change... :goblin_cry:

Level 9
@Alexen Next one:
Uther seeing Arthas as a deathknight.
Uther: "Your Fans and Custom Mapmakers ruled this land for seventeen years, and you've ground it to dust in a matter of days."
Arthas: "Very dramatic Uther. Give me the Custom Maps and I'll make sure you die quickly."
Uther: "The Maps hold the effort of your Fans Arthas. What, were you hoping to piss on them one last time before you left this IP to rot?"
Arthas: " Chuckling I did not know what it held. Nor does it matter. I'll take what I came for one way or another."
Bonus: Muradin and Arthas.
Muradin: "You lied to your FANS and betrayed the Developers who fought for you. What's happening to you, Blizzard? Is Money all that's important to you?"

Level 13
When do you people think we'll be seeing the next patch?

As I said earlier, I think there should have already been at least one, if not two patches. They can't be thinking to put the next patch in three months? Or could they?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
It depends on how large they want the next patch to be so it is very well possible that it will
take a while for a patch to come.
At least I would want to try to a) fix the bugs, b) improve the performance and c) add missing
features (like custom campaigns) all at the same time if I was in their current position.

I also think they want to wait for all the hate to cool off a bit. So a longer waiting time until
the first patch might be possible.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't think you should be equalizing the art direction with the workers. They did how they were told to. Is there any proof that ActiBlizz gave them much liberty on this? I doubt it.
The girl icon might be an Easter Egg which by the way, was most probably accepted by ActiBlizz. It's the way they made a mark that Samwise Didier didn't work on this anymore.

I'm on the floor
Arthas+Ner'zhul's reaction on Reforged's release

Level 34
Yeah. I do not know what they made all and were involved into game, I just know about models. Talking about models, according to me, they did awesome job! They did not deserve this. it is Blizzard who is to blame. AGAIN!

Fanboys need blizzard to be their daddy. They don't get that Bobby Kotick is their daddy now.
But I do not understand. If they want Blizzard that much, if they like i WHY THE HELL ARE THEY STAYING HERE IN HIVEWORKSHOP? They have Blizzard forums. I do not want Blizzard, I want Hive. I am here at Hive. Why are they staying here at all? next time we should sent them away once they became disrespectful to this community. Blizzard bans us, yet we were very tolerate towards their fanatics.

We learned drakpanda. We learned that blizzard is just like EA, Ubisoft and Bethesda.

8n2u3u6ge3e41.png

HAHAHAHA!

Level 16
I don't think you should be equalizing the art direction with the workers. They did how they were told to. Is there any proof that ActiBlizz gave them much liberty on this? I doubt it.
They are the artists, and they admited their mistakes and humbly accept any criticism. For this I hold them in very high regard. I'm actually considering donating 30$ to them, for the effort to bring our dream game to life. In that way these money that I have set aside for so long won't be money bad spent.

On a side note, imagine this, just a week ago Warcraft III was flourishing and players above all else were looking forward to a new experience, and just 5 days later, Warcraft III is the greatest meme in the gaming industry.

I love the memes and videos, this sarcasm is the only thing that is keeping me laughing on this matter.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
They are the artists, and they admited their mistakes and humbly accept any criticism. For this I hold them in very high regard. I'm actually considering donating 30$ to them, for the effort to bring our dream game to life. In that way these money that I have set aside for so long won't be money bad spent.
I'd hire them any time if I had the means to in order to create a really good looking game.
I love the memes and videos, this sarcasm is the only thing that is keeping me laughing on this matter.
As long as memes aren't illegal :D

I'd hire them any time if I had the means to in order to create a really good looking game.

As long as memes aren't illegal :D

Well you'lld better not hire them when a really better and fairly priced studio called DragonFly exists(studio that made Sc2 Warcraft III HD assets, hots skins, overwatch skins, sc2 skins and so on to name a few and are actually specialized in stylised art that Blizzard is famous of, not the realistic art like LemonSky).

Last edited:
Reactions: pyf

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well you'lld better not hire them when a really better and fairly priced studio called DragonFly exists(studio that made Sc2 Warcraft III HD assets, hots skins, overwatch skins, sc2 skins and so on to name a few and are actually specialized in stylised art that Blizzard is famos of, not the realistic art like LemonSky).
Depends on what you want for your work and the money you have for it.

Level 6
But offending other people, my friends!
best for these "friends" to not jump in your bandwagon, the next post after some one calls for peace

banned a player when he asked for democracy in Hong Kong.
did his actions break ToS or CoC?

sometimes I will offend him back as he deserves.
ignoring those that called for peace, not helpful
also your revolution of the tyrannical blizzard belongs in the discord rant channel (if you even have the guts to openly speak there)
as well as any one else who in on your wagon

Peeps stop dog pilling on drakpanda.
yes id like this too, especially after some one calls for peace, every piece call ive been silent to some one brings until some one brings something @DrakPanda, or quotes drakpanda

I'm on the floor
great video, built with in reforged no less, please tell me there will be sequals

When do you people think we'll be seeing the next patch?
i hope tuesday, if theres nothing tuesday every one gonna jump on the bandwagon, or just let the wagon roll into/over blizzard, or offer molotovs to the wagon

Level 34
best for these "friends" to not jump in your bandwagon, the next post after some one calls for peace
BEGONE from here for once! Just go! Nobody will miss you!
I did not call anyone, they jumped because you are ignorant and abusive. And pussy! First you provoke people, then complain how is this ,,bandwagon" once they go against you. Typical weakling

Level 34
Also, easy with that temper.
Easy with what? Do you see what is he doing all time? He called that people jumped MY BANDWAGON!
Ask anyone here.
GUYS DID I EVER SENT MESSAGE TO ANYONE JUMPING MY BANDWAGON?

@DrakPanda you can accuse me all you wish, sometimes you will get respond, sometimes not. But do not dare to do this to those people

Level 16
Panda.. man I will level with you now. For the sake of all of us (even yours), cut the crap. Fuck Blizzard. They deserve all the hate they get right now. If someone in the food store advertised good chicken meat, and then you got rotten meat and now you have stomach problems you wouldn't be so forgiving to the store now, would you?. How can you be so unambiguous to the whole situation. It's clear as night and day.

I have a feeling this fuels you, and maybe I'm doing wrong by replying, but seriously, you owe them nothing, they're not your family. You're just a customer like the rest of us. If anything, the players are your friends and alike.

BEGONE from here for once! Just go! Nobody will miss you!
I did not call anyone, they jumped because you are ignorant and abusive. And pussy! First you provoke people, then complain how is this ,,bandwagon" once they go against you. Typical weakling

Haosis I know you're mad, but please be considerate to his right of free speech. It doesn't matter if he agrees or not, he has the right to stay around. And I didn't say it until now but please also mind your wording, this isn't like you. C'mon man, show him who you really are. Don't fall to this provocation.

Level 6
Do you see what is he doing all time?
do you see what your wagon is doing?

it called me out for calling deepstrasz a fanantic not bothing to see he called me one first, deepstrasz even noted this not to many posts ago
(@deepstrasz what was said was all fun and games, i feel no insult or attack from your honest and accurate opionion)

your wagon is attacking me like a corrupt press would vying to get as much publicity as it can

Level 8
yawn, you two should have go to pm´s eons ago :)

How about you try it now and when you come to conclusion tell us result :D

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Gentlemen. Be at peace.
Gentlemen, this is leading nowhere.
Fact is that Reforged did not meet the expectations of people who had expectations and the
launch did not go smoothly. People are angry at Blizzard about it, some people are angry at
people getting angry, people attack Blizzard, other people defend Blizzard... It keeps going.

I suggest that all cool off for a bit. I don't think that either side has any chance convincing
the other side and the last thing we need is a further divided community at this point.

My suggestion is that we wait a bit to see what happens next. The release was clearly rushed,
yes, and I am as annoyed as many others that features like custom campaigns are currently
missing but only time will tell where we go from here. Let us see what happens next.
^

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Gentlemen. Be at peace.
iu

@deepstrasz so he has right to false claims and attack all he wants? he still considers people ,,my wagon" twisting words and what not without even proof that we teamed against him.
Honestly, do you believe that I need team against him?
You're being overdramatic about it. It's an internet forum. You won't get fired because of his claims.
Besides, you should keep your cool if you want to think and act properly.

Level 16
Panda, you assume Haosis has manipualted us into teaming against you, as much as I disdain this whole conversation, but it seems Haosis is right. You have a fear of people being against you.
Let me clarify it once and for all. We (rather, I) are (am) not part of his 'wagon'. We share an opinion on this matter, and your defense towards the recent actions of Blizzard is infuriating, really. But alas, it's your opinion I can respect it (without agreeing), please respect ours.

Again, there are no 'teams' in this matter between you and him. We are stating our individual opinions. As always my criticism is against Blizzard, please don't stand in the way. Or yeah, people might be unforgiving and push you over. This is social interaction 101.

Level 6
Did I sent you PMs or whatever asking you to team against him?
you were never accused of such

Something known to be like dealing between a demon and a panda.
so many little comics/sketches just ran through my head, no words just images of a tangle between a panda and demon

Gentlemen. Be at peace.
im adhering to this after this post provided no one pokes the bear again (as ive done for the last 3 peace calls)

Level 6
Panda, you assume Haosis has manipualted us into teaming against you
no no no
do not jump into his claim i have never accused such, i did say others join his wagon not he recruited others to his wagon

this is the exact thing thats been going on so much through this whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.