• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

China: Warcraft 3 Social Media Account Activated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blizzard China activated the official Warcraft Weibo account:
http://weibo.com/blizzardwar

Their first post roughly translates to (google translate):
Dad, I'm back! @WoW @HotS @D3 @SC2 @OW

Perhaps this is another spark in the return of the Warcraft RTS? Or perhaps they are dedicating a sector to maintain Warcraft 3? The Warcraft 3 melee scene is still quite popular in China (still included in many tournaments), so perhaps Blizzard wanted to show support for it.

Only time will tell. The 2015 Blizzcon is just two months away (November 6-7), I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

(Source) - Credits to Blackcattttt for the original post

Level 15
A Warcraft 3 reboot would be fantastic. Don't need anything super fancy, just a nice, new updated engine and a more capable WE.

(yes, I know, SC2 has all of the above, but let's be honest, SC2 is dying, and the custom games scene is even worse. Maybe LotV can give it a much needed shot in the arm, but I'm not holding my breath.)

Level 6
I'd love to see Warcraft III Remastered with HD models new egine it still could be good to see it

Level 18
So they activate something for World of Warcraft and suddenly people are talking Warcraft III? I am sorry but this does not make any sense.

If you do not like Warcraft what are you doing here? you're the biggest shitposter i know, i used to think that you posted stuff based on actual knowledge you have but i have come to a conclusion that you just shitpost, That's the WARCRAFT official Account, and it has WARCRAFT 3 TFT in it's header image.

Also, WoW is already in the page so there would be NO CHANCE that it's a post about world of warcraft, it's either warcraft 3 being added to the battle.net launcher, a warcraft 3 hd version or battle.net 2.0 completely integrated with warcraft 3 as a free upgrade.

Level 15
So they activate something for World of Warcraft and suddenly people are talking Warcraft III? I am sorry but this does not make any sense.

It seems to be related to War3
46.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Dad, I'm back! @WoW @HotS @D3 @SC2 @OW
Sorry maybe I am missing something but nowhere in that quote is WC3 mentioned...

That's the WARCRAFT official Account, and it has WARCRAFT 3 TFT in it's header image.
Which was not included in the quote...

Also, WoW is already in the page so there would be NO CHANCE that it's a post about world of warcraft, it's either warcraft 3 being added to the battle.net launcher, a warcraft 3 hd version or battle.net 2.0 completely integrated with warcraft 3 as a free upgrade.
WC3 being integrated into BattleNet 2.0 is old news and has been expected for a long time now. Ever since the Warcraft III icon was added to the BattleNet 2.0 launcher and job postings were made for legacy game maintainers people have been expecting it.

It seems to be related to War3
Or that could be an advert for some up coming Warcraft III event. After all...
The Warcraft 3 melee scene is still quite popular in China (still included in many tournaments), so perhaps Blizzard wanted to show support for it.
Who knows, it is in Chinese and unfortunately that is as good as Greek to me. To be honest I did not even click the link since I would not be able to understand any of it anyway.

If you do not like Warcraft what are you doing here?
To keep giving out knowledge about Warcraft III that would otherwise be forgotten. I have not earned my reputation by flaming Warcraft III all the time.

They made some follow up posts (see here):
http://weibo.com/blizzardwar

It still doesn't have any context, but the posts are interesting to follow. One mentions the demon hunter/Illidan being the best Nelf starting hero (and shows a side-by-side of Illidan in Heroes of the Storm and his wc3 counterpart).

Its most recent post was a nostalgic one--telling fans to remember the years of their youth. It mentions how Warcraft 3 bred games like DotA, League, and other games into fruition.

I think it is more likely that this is just an account to publicize events like WCA China. Most people have to find out about it through 3rd party sites (I think). But this account has already gathered 23k followers, which is not bad considering its two-day existence!

Level 37
Ooh, working in what sense?

Last year I worked in Starcraft Demo. I just helped setup groups of people play Starcraft and stuff. Sometimes if they were was an uneven number of people in a group, Ill ask another worker to play with them to make it even (sometimes I got to do it!). I got 2 breaks during the shift, so I got to roam around and enjoy blizzcon in those times :)

Last year I worked in Starcraft Demo. I just helped setup groups of people play Starcraft and stuff. Sometimes if they were was an uneven number of people in a group, Ill ask another worker to play with them to make it even (sometimes I got to do it!). I got 2 breaks during the shift, so I got to roam around and enjoy blizzcon in those times :)

Awesome! Is it a volunteer thing (or did you have to buy a ticket)? When did you sign up for it?

Best of luck, I hope you have fun! It must be great to see blizzcon first hand (plus you get to see the movie panel!). And you live in LA, so it isn't too long of a drive either. (ignoring LA traffic which could last anywhere from 10 minutes to eternity's end) I don't have much of an excuse for not going myself except that I don't have a job yet. But I'll go one day... eventually...

Plus Disneyland is right next to the convention center. :3

Level 37
Awesome! Is it a volunteer thing (or did you have to buy a ticket)? When did you sign up for it?

Nahh its a temporary job I suppose. I get paid hourly working there xP I actually just got the email notification about a few days ago!

Sx3mM0J.png

Best of luck, I hope you have fun! It must be great to see blizzcon first hand (plus you get to see the movie panel!).

It is fun :D I love talking to everyone to see the distances they travel for blizzcon. The movie panel, but the most important thing is getting into the line for the blizzard store to get all the goodies >:)

And you live in LA, so it isn't too long of a drive either. (ignoring LA traffic which could last anywhere from 10 minutes to eternity's end) I don't have much of an excuse for not going myself except that I don't have a job yet. But I'll go one day... eventually...

Anywhere from 10 minutes to eternity's end sounds about right xD the freeways here end up looking like parking lots at some point. The ticket is indeed really expensive, and if you're not in the area, travel fares will just rack up. I think people who are in hotels next to the convention center are more lucky than those who are in the area... they don't have to worry about parking.

Plus Disneyland is right next to the convention center. :3

You'd be able to go into downtown disney for free :D for disneyland, you would have to blow another $100+ for a ticket haha.

Level 12
Hey KILLCIDE, can you kidnapp stalk look for some Blizzard bosses and tell them to look at my wonderful 1.27 patch suggestions hire me?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
KILLCIDE be sure you are not breaking any contractual agreements you made by posting that email screenshot. Some companies are super strict with non disclosure policies and even if you are not disclosing much it might still be too much. Last thing we want is you to get into any trouble.

Level 12
Ok now I think it's not wishful thinking anymore, it is related to wc3. There is no way this is gonna be wc4 as they are still working on sc2 and only recently said they might consider another wc some day in the future. Also it's not another wc offspring hopefully, they still got Hearthstone..

Also some Vice President hinted at another game in bnet2.0 and said it's not wc4.

My guess is that wc3 goes to bnet2.0 and it will be announced at BlizzCon.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There is no way this is gonna be wc4 as they are still working on sc2 and only recently said they might consider another wc some day in the future.
Actually work on SC2 has as good as ended. The game is only a few months away from release so they cannot still be working on it. I would not be surprised if the bulk of the team has been redeployed to another project already (eg WC4, or maybe its sitting on Heroes of the Storm for the SC2 content). There were also some cryptic job postings a while back which might relate to any new game.

Level 7
And even if the next game Blizzard`s developing`d be Warcraft 4 I wouldn`t get hyped for it, if I were you.
This is a site about modding. Recent games (both Blizzard and non-Blizzard - Starcraft 2, Dota 2) should`ve shown us that none of those are about to succeed War3 as the go-to modding engine (disregarding the [lack-of] gameplay activity), and I`m about beyond certain that Warcraft 4 wouldn`t do that either.

What we need is a Warcraft 3.1, improving upon the current Warcraft 3 (mainly some backend server stuff, like serverside hosting and stuff like that, gtfo hosting bots), while preserving the backwards compability (ie, you could play classic/TFT War3 maps with this War3.1 and it`s new engine). Now that`d be something to get hyped about.

Update: NetEase is releasing a new Wc3 platform for Chinese players:
http://war3.replays.net/news/page/20151014/1957180.html

Google translated from their Weibo:
Since WCG closed, Warcraft tournament gradually reduced. Recently exclusive license by the Blizzard, NetEase independent research and development of "Warcraft official war platform" is about to release. NetEase announced that it will continue to support the development of Warcraft gaming, in addition to the season mode, the world's top players will be invited to play, allowing the player to enjoy the game Warcraft top again, to reproduce the brilliant WCG era.

Good news: Warcraft 3 is still getting love in China
Bad news: this probably doesn't mean good things for the Warcraft 3 HD dream.
Good news: they put warcraft 3 on their online shops again
Bad news: idk if that means anything, tbh I didn't know they weren't there to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.