• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 patch 1.22 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Today Blizzard released a beta version of its next Warcraft 3 patch, 1.22. Currently the beta patch is only available and usable on their special "Westfall(Beta)" server (not the 4 standard servers) since it is still in the beta test phase.

To change server to the beta server so that you can use the patch, simply click the magnifying-glass icon located next to the "Battlenet" button in the main menu of warcraft 3 and select "Westfall(Beta)" from the list that appears. Appon logging in to the new server, you will obviously have to create a new account that will probably not be permanent (this is a beta afterall).
Note - When switching servers back from the beta server (Westfall(Beta)), you will have to redownload and install 1.21b. If you switch again from another server to the beta server you will still need to redownload and install the beta patch.

As this is a beta, no one can be certain if any of the chages are final as the patch could be totally redone for the final release. However remember to "stay tuned" for any further news about the 1.22 update. Expect a lot more to change thou in the propper release of the finished patch.

Last edited:
Karune said:
"I do not know if there will be additional changes added to 1.22, but I do know that 1.22 was originally larger, but was broken up into two updates, in order to get the first patch out sooner. There is another patch being worked on which follows up on 1.22."
Karune said:
Thank you Karune.

Perhaps you can answer one final question?

Will the AMM changes which fix search times be released in this patch or tested on the test realm?

All I know is that the second patch will focus more on Battle.net than it will on balance.

Here are the Patch Notes for 1.22:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.22

FEATURES

- There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays
are automatically saved to the "replay" folder.
- Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
- You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals
from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.

BALANCE CHANGES

HUMAN
- Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
- Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to
1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).

UNDEAD
- Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
- Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.

NIGHT ELF
- Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to
Level 3 (60 xp).

FIXES

- The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of
preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
- A cooldown exploit with potions has been fixed.
- When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled
off.
- An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed.

ADDITIONAL MAPS

Furthermore, these 4 new contest winner maps will be included in the final patch, but not on the PTR:
- (2)MeltingValley
- (2)RoadToStratholme
- (4)CentaurGrove
- (4)TidewaterGlades
Nice new ladder maps, and "Added an option to always show unit and building health bars. " is nice... Other wise nothing very big.

Level 6
It may not be the greatest patch but saying Warcraft 3 will die?

Nothing personal, but as long as DoTA is a main game, there's no way warcraft would die. Those dudes are crazy about that game and would never give it up.

And also look at Starcraft. People are still playing that every day, that should be evidence enough that Warcraft has awhile before it dies.

But I digress, the option of showing health bars would be very nice, and although not much else was changed it is all slight balancing issues

Level 8
If there are no additions to the game, like heroes or some new functions for use it jass, than I'm pretty dissapointed. How does Blizzard expect us to mod and keep war3 alive?
The first two features (auto-save and health bar show/hide) though are useful.

Level 11
Actually, no matter what i did, Westfall didn't show for me, you can add it manually by going to start>run- type in regedit.exe go to HKEY_Current_User>Software>Warcraft III, click on the folder, and double click on the key "Battle.net Gateways", scroll to the bottom and add
beta.battle.net
X (Timezone, im not sure if it matters what you put)
Westfall (Beta)

Directly underneath northrend, click okay, and exit, Westfall should now be in your magnifying glass server list =)

Level 7
well. i for one find the "added health bars" a problem. i dont play ladder anymore. but i used to. and the worst thing you want is the enemy knowing one of your units is in the "red" or "yellow". cuz then they focus it to finish the unit down.

so while this may present possibilitys, it also makes ladder a lot harder for noobs. this alone pretty much guarrentee's noobs wont play ladder much cuz they wont know how to take advantage of it. so the ladder community is going to be a lot more limited now.

also now this is going to increase the amount of hero focusing done out there by as much as a hundred fold. esspecially when they see your hero is wounded.

edit: not taht i give two hoots about the ladder community. im a pure custom guy. i just feel sorry for all those ladder-noobs out there. (like me. if i actually did ladder anymore)

edit2: while on the other hand this also adds more strategic options. because then you are able to see the weak flanks of an army, and will allow u to see how the battle is actually going. while before 1-3 units would die and you dont know the rest have like 50-100 hp left. so u keep fighting. now u really know how its going.

Level 22
Simple: Play hard, get better, don't complain about hp bars. Make maps, play less and then don't complain how newbs don't have a chance. There are custom games for that entitled 'noobs only'.

FYI people have used Alt button or [ and ] to see hit points so far. So that see-the-injured doesn't start from 1.22 tt ... But a little effort requires that you use heal or kinda try to move the unit instead of 'Me dont know what to do, Me watch and do nothing'.

Level 12
Hmm

Yeah, I usually don't even look at the screen when I play, I can hardly micro + I can't type without looking

So basically, I order my units to attack, and constantly shoot spells off

Luckily, I will not lose, if they have some decent micro skills, I lose miserably

That would be why I use night elves, as I can just order them (no special abiles for hunts + arches)

The HP bars could be very bad for noobs, but awesome for pros
I suppose that would help counter the crappy ladder mod, and give pros more pros to face by killing off all the noobs

Level 12
lol

Sticking a coin on alt

Some of us don't have the time to get off our arses, fiddle around in our pockets, and grab a coin

THEN, place said coin on ALT

Would take an extra 6 + 1/2 seconds out of our lives

But seriously, its not like its a revolutionary new thing, just a few more people will be aware of it

I used to stick a coin in alt. But I don't just do it each time I need it, but on the start of the game. It is kind of annoying when you are in your own base, but very usefull on the battlefield. And since my favourite race are undead, and I use ghouls alot, which means I have lots of units to care about, I really need that alt (or now automated one) to watch over my whole army.

Level 6
I'm nervous! In that patch night elves less powerful than ever, and every other changes in the other races makes the elves less weaker. I played with night elves for 2.5 years and i know playing with elves isn't so easy.. and that **** patch makes playin' them much more difficult..

Level 12
Yeah, I noticed the human towers are pretty rigged up

No other race can tower and win (at least for the most part)

Level 6
well. i for one find the "added health bars" a problem. i dont play ladder anymore. but i used to. and the worst thing you want is the enemy knowing one of your units is in the "red" or "yellow". cuz then they focus it to finish the unit down.

I just used a custom-made keyboard set to hold down [ and ] which is what the equivalent of alt all the time. I never used those two keys in warcraft anyways. Alternatively you could just hit the alt key every few seconds, which is what I used to do before my little program. This doesn't add any new strategy, it just makes it easier...

I'm nervous! In that patch night elves less powerful than ever, and every other changes in the other races makes the elves less weaker. I played with night elves for 2.5 years and i know playing with elves isn't so easy.. and that **** patch makes playin' them much more difficult..

Uh, if you look at prize money awarded by race, you will see that Night Elf by far has the most, it isn't even close. There obviously was a reason NE got nerfed. The dryad xp increase is nice, orb isn't a big deal in my opinion, HU tower nerf was nice.

Overall:
thumbsup1.gif

Level 6
Dude, the patch notes are already out.

Here are the Patch Notes for 1.22:
Patch 1.22

FEATURES

- There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays
are automatically saved to the "replay" folder.
- Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
- You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals
from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.

BALANCE CHANGES

HUMAN
- Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
- Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to
1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).

UNDEAD
- Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
- Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.

NIGHT ELF
- Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to
Level 3 (60 xp).

FIXES

- The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of
preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
- A cooldown exploit with potions has been fixed.
- When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled
off.
- An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed.

ADDITIONAL MAPS

Furthermore, these 4 new contest winner maps will be included in the final patch, but not on the PTR:
- (2)MeltingValley
- (2)RoadToStratholme
- (4)CentaurGrove
- (4)TidewaterGlades

Read More ------>

Status
Not open for further replies.